British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddy The Rebel

Betting For Whole Season

The only bets you should have on a speedway meeting is who will win Like tonight Kings Lynn to win with -13 handicap

Betting on individual riders scores is a complete minefield as you do not know how many riders they are going to have.

The same goes for head to heads . To start with you do not know how many rides either rider is going to have, Would you back a horse in a handicap race without knowing what weight it is going to carry. So why back riders without knowing how many rides they will get

think you are probably right, rider match ups are definitely the worst in elite league speedway, not so bad for GPs

think you are probably right, rider match ups are definitely the worst in elite league speedway, not so bad for GPs

Wiseguy

you are very correct . At least with GP;s you know they are scheduled for 5 rides each baring injuries

The only bets you should have on a speedway meeting is who will win Like tonight Kings Lynn to win with -13 handicap

Betting on individual riders scores is a complete minefield as you do not know how many riders they are going to have.

The same goes for head to heads . To start with you do not know how many rides either rider is going to have, Would you back a horse in a handicap race without knowing what weight it is going to carry. So why back riders without knowing how many rides they will get

That's part of the skill in picking which bets on how many rides they going to get. There are some riders like for example Doyle at Leicester etc where you can guarantee they will get 5 rides each meeting, there are some riders you know will always get 4. It gets interesting when there is R/R involved especially if it is late announcement that the bookies are not aware of :)

• Like 1

Yet again you come up with this stupid logic . And every time you come up with it your told why it's stupid . Part of the skill of betting is trying to guess or work out what might happen . When you bet on rider points or head to head you try to work out how many rides the riders will take it just using logic and as we have seen before you never practice what you preached as were caught tipping up a head to head bet yourself in the world cup the other year . When your betting on kings lynn on the hc yet again part of the logic is trying to work out who will score well or will a reserve get more rides etc . As for Horse Racing would you have backed Golden Horn in the Derby after all he had never run over 1m 4f or did people used logic to think that it would .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

. As for Horse Racing would you have backed Golden Horn in the Derby after all he had never run over 1m 4f or did people used logic to think that it would .

Im not really into horse racing,so when i read your post first time i thought it said GOLDIE HORN!!!! Im thinking whats she doing in riding in the derby!!!!,then i clocked that i misread your post!!!

I suppose you think the bookies must know how many rides each rider will take? Otherwise your logic goes right out the window.... Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

I had £2.74 on milik under 7, 50p on : jonsson under 10, iversen exactly 11, iversen under 11 and lawson over 6. £2.55 loss another dreadful night.

That's why people really need to do a bit of research - the way you lose money is going with your heart instead of your head and understanding who goes well at what track...

My last 9 bets on the bounce on speedway meetings are all winners and last night continued the train with the rather easy to predict Porsing vs Kennett with 0.0 H/Cap at 4/5!!! Practically doubled the money and with a little bit of looking back through the last few meetings, seeing who each rider would be up against in the meeting plus looking at the last time Kennett was there, even with an extra R/R for Kennett, it was still a fairly safe bet to take...

Result? Porsing 8+1 from 4, Kennett, 6 from 5 (and that was one of his better Norfolk Arena meetings)!

That's why people really need to do a bit of research - the way you lose money is going with your heart instead of your head and understanding who goes well at what track...

My last 9 bets on the bounce on speedway meetings are all winners and last night continued the train with the rather easy to predict Porsing vs Kennett with 0.0 H/Cap at 4/5!!! Practically doubled the money and with a little bit of looking back through the last few meetings, seeing who each rider would be up against in the meeting plus looking at the last time Kennett was there, even with an extra R/R for Kennett, it was still a fairly safe bet to take...

Result? Porsing 8+1 from 4, Kennett, 6 from 5 (and that was one of his better Norfolk Arena meetings)!

Tell you what is easy, coming on the day after and telling us what easy bets there were, stick a couple up tonight before the event, i'll have a go on your selections as your in form, cheers

• Like 4

Tell you what is easy, coming on the day after and telling us what easy bets there were, stick a couple up tonight before the event, i'll have a go on your selections as your in form, cheers

TBF, it's not difficult to make money form speedway. I have a bet most nights (in fact pretty much every night) but normally just a few ££ to add interest to a meeting - but every now and again I'll see something that looks great and will bet much higher amounts - now if I was just out to make money I'd only ever bet on these big bets I have but my thinking with the smaller ones is I don't bet enough to lose any sizable amount of money on them. The trick IMO, is to bet on the more consistent riders - so avoid the Bjerres and AJs and back the Hans Andersens, Jason Doyles, Ed Kennetts etc whos scoring is more consistent. Yes I get some of the bigger bets wrong but not always.

My biggest issue is I have a few good wins, make a reasonable amount and then suddenly think I'm some sort of betting God and start getting more reckless with my bets and end up losing a lot in a week, but then I become more cautious again and start to win more again. So I have set myself up limits, once my account hits a certain amount I take it out - suddenly that money is in my bank account and it MY money and I become more cautious with it.

TBF, it's not difficult to make money form speedway. I have a bet most nights (in fact pretty much every night) but normally just a few ££ to add interest to a meeting - but every now and again I'll see something that looks great and will bet much higher amounts - now if I was just out to make money I'd only ever bet on these big bets I have but my thinking with the smaller ones is I don't bet enough to lose any sizable amount of money on them. The trick IMO, is to bet on the more consistent riders - so avoid the Bjerres and AJs and back the Hans Andersens, Jason Doyles, Ed Kennetts etc whos scoring is more consistent. Yes I get some of the bigger bets wrong but not always.

My biggest issue is I have a few good wins, make a reasonable amount and then suddenly think I'm some sort of betting God and start getting more reckless with my bets and end up losing a lot in a week, but then I become more cautious again and start to win more again. So I have set myself up limits, once my account hits a certain amount I take it out - suddenly that money is in my bank account and it MY money and I become more cautious with it.

I was having a conversation with a friend who loves a bet, but doesn't really like speedway, and I was telling him it was easy, he asked me to forward over any bets I was having, he also kept a running tally/points system

Now some days I was picking out 11 bets, we were getting 9 winners, yet my mate, who was betting around £200 on these tips was only making about 50 - 60 quid, even when we had 9 out of 11

of course every time we weren't getting 9 winners he was losing a fortune, the problem is nearly all the bets are odds on, evens, or 11/10 at best

you could have 3 bets, 2 winners and still lose money

So, yes it is sometimes easy to "pick a winner" but at 8/11 you can't afford to have to many losers

I know its better to just pick the one certainty of the night, but as the last few nights have shown with Kurtz, Milik etc, there aren't really any certs

I've said it before, the first couple years they did betting on speedway it was easy, as the handicappers weren't clued up enough, but they seem a lot better this year

Where did I say it was easy? I've had 52 single bets on Speedway this season and won 30 of them - fairly even split and that's only due to the last 9 or 10 otherwise it'd be a lot different...

What I'm saying is there are still bets out there that if you do a little bit of research, are a little safer than some of the ones the bookies list... AJ for example last night at over 10... Normally you'd say it was fairly safe - especially when he'd also have a R/R as well as most probably ht15... However, he didn't do Ht15 on Monday for whatever reason, his previous appearance this season at Norfolk arena was patchy and he'd be up against the home heatleaders most of the time...

Take that against the Porsing v Kennett bet which was much more tempting...

I'm doing a track update tonight, but if I get a chance and I put a bet on, I'll certainly post it. Don't blame me though if you back the same bet and it loses... That's your choice.

Got on Ladbrokes earlier

Belle Vue +15 4/5

Zagar v Andersen 6/5 (Zagar gets r/r ride)

Harris Over 7.

*Harris doesn't ride in Sweden

*Harris hasn't got a ride in Poland for weeks.

*Harris will likely get Heat 15 as Coventry is his only pay packet at the moment

*8.17 Average at Home

*Harris scored 11+1 at Belle Vue against tougher opposition.

Yep am on that, it is 10 on ladbrokes