British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Gareth Bale, dilligaf that's footy lol

Its still the same footy or speedway Both dont perform in the UK but gareth is welcome to play for wales No question, Should be the same for woffy

Gareth Bale, dilligaf that's footy lol

Can't see any difference

Two sportsmen a the top of their game not performing in the country they represent

Both earning as much as they can for their skills

Both very ambitious

Both very successful

Bale twice champions league winner

Woffinden twice world champion

If you want a motor sport comparison only perhaps Lewis Hamilton then

Does he drive in uk based competition mmmm.

Can't see any difference

Two sportsmen a the top of their game not performing in the country they represent

Both earning as much as they can for their skills

Both very ambitious

Both very successful

Bale twice champions league winner

Woffinden twice world champion

If you want a motor sport comparison only perhaps Lewis Hamilton then

Does he drive in uk based competition mmmm.

The difference is speedway is a smaller sport and one we care about, I don't really care about what happens on football or F1 ... if they stopped tomorrow it wouldn't affect my life! Edited by Trees

Well I care about several sports so not sure how that affects anything really

I guess it appears it's emotions for some people particularly who don't like tai particularly and are looking for a reason to lambast him (don't mean you trees just being general)

And I'm not a fan of tai but would support him as a British rider against other countries riders

As I would bale for my country in football Wales or if it was GB as Ryan gigs did in 2012

Or Lewis Hamilton Forctyat matter

NKI won his 5th Danish National Title on the trot tonight, 2nd was Kenneth Bjerre, and 3rd was Nicki Pedersen...

All competed in their National Championship, wonder if NKI will decide not to compete in in next year, why would he want to win a 6th time?? He'll say sod it, let's give someone else a chance!!! NOT!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Denmark has a very thriving speedway scene and being Danish champion really means something. To win means you beat what could be considered a world class field, unlike in the UK.

NKI has an oppoortunity of equaling/beating the record held by Ole Olsen of 7 (I think) national championships in a row. Olsen is probably one of the top 10 riders in the world ever. To equal/beat such a record would really mean a lot to a Danish rider.

Is that an excuse for Tai or something? It's nothing to do with the pride of being your National Champ.

Tai is not invincible, he won't just turn up and win without opposition.

• Like 2

Is that an excuse for Tai or something? It's nothing to do with the pride of being your National Champ.

Tai is not invincible, he won't just turn up and win without opposition.

Put of interest, did puk have to compete in a qualifying meeting the day before a gp to reach the Danish final? Does he already have bikes in Denmark or did he have to ship some there specially? Edited by waihekeaces1

Iversen would have been seeded straight to final...Nicki said all gp riders were straight to final...Tai riding for GB, as has been said before is like De Gea playing for Spain, or Giroud playlng for France etc...Why would we not want the best British rider riding for us...Another bonkers thread.

I get a feeling that Woffinden won't get the reception he previously got at Cardiff next month. He really has alienated himself from many British Speedway fans. Of course cheers for him will be the loudest from ghe crowd but a lot of fans will choose their own club rider to cheer on instead of Woffinden, which is a shame.

• Like 1

I get a feeling that Woffinden won't get the reception he previously got at Cardiff next month. He really has alienated himself from many British Speedway fans. Of course cheers for him will be the loudest from ghe crowd but a lot of fans will choose their own club rider to cheer on instead of Woffinden, which is a shame.

Yep, damn shame.

Later in life, when he's enjoying the money he's earned in his career and the plaudits for the titles he's won he'll be thinking, damn, I'd much rather give most of my earnings away and sacrifice some titles just so a few more people could have cheered for me at Cardiff.

• Like 2

He's alienated himself from a few people on a forum...The reception will be deafening for Tai at cardiff..You wait and see.

NKI won his 5th Danish National Title on the trot tonight, 2nd was Kenneth Bjerre, and 3rd was Nicki Pedersen...

All competed in their National Championship, wonder if NKI will decide not to compete in in next year, why would he want to win a 6th time?? He'll say sod it, let's give someone else a chance!!! NOT!!!!!!!

and if the Danish final was right by a gp weekend or the Danish qualifier was then would they all have ridden???

so your point is totally irrelevent

I get a feeling your wrong.

Ive cheered for Rickardsson and Gollob when they raced in the gp but not in a race when a Brit was in it. I didnt have time for Havvy really but i cheered him on against Rickardsson because im British.

95% of the Brits in the crowd will want Tai to win , its the very very small minority that will not want him to win

Yep, damn shame.

Later in life, when he's enjoying the money he's earned in his career and the plaudits for the titles he's won he'll be thinking, damn, I'd much rather give most of my earnings away and sacrifice some titles just so a few more people could have cheered for me at Cardiff.

spot on post.

shame there is a few pathetic few on here

• Like 1

Only the same sort of idiots who used to support the USA against Britain in the 80s.

Thankfully there is less of that about these days and people support British riders more than they did then, although this topic does show there are still some about.

Personally it's always the British riders I support in GPs. As a Swindon fan it's nice if Jason Doyle does well, but it is Tai, Chris Harris and whoever is the wild card that I will be rooting for.

• Like 2

When Tai retires as multiple World Champion and One of the sports greatest riders(British) anyway, how will He sleep at night knowing He upset a few dingbats on a forum....Shame on You Tai for being so professional!