British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Do those who support swearing do so at home in front of their wife, daughter??

If you swear, why would you not swear in front of your wife? Surely you wouldn't marry someone you can't be yourself with.

My wife swears too. So does my daughter. I gave up telling her to stop ages ago.

Have you heard the music young people listen to these days? Kids wouldn't even notice Tai using a swear word. It's farty old speedway fans who are getting all high and mighty about it, not kids.

• Like 3

in the crowd yes there were.. it was partially a family day.. but its the forces and it was highly fuelled and a major assualt course when adrenaline is high its very hard to keep your compus mentis.. and i would challenge anyone to avoid it when you are highly charged..

Ok I'll ask a supplementary then. Were they competing, I assume from your reply they were, and was there a mic in front of them at the time?

If you swear, why would you not swear in front of your wife? Surely you wouldn't marry someone you can't be yourself with.

My wife swears too. So does my daughter. I gave up telling her to stop ages ago.

Have you heard the music young people listen to these days? Kids wouldn't even notice Tai using a swear word. It's farty old speedway fans who are getting all high and mighty about it, not kids.

good point,,

swearing has been part of music for ages... notably the Who back in 1978 did the song "who are you" where in the song it said Who the F*ck are you

http://top40.about.com/od/top10lists/ss/10-Examples-Of-Swear-Words-and-Foul-Language-In-Pop-Music.htm#step1

Ok I'll ask a supplementary then. Were they competing, I assume from your reply they were, and was there a mic in front of them at the time?

no but everyone could hear it.. and yes they were competing against another commando unit..

Oh well sorry about that.

A comparison then. Both opting out of GB events to persue individual glory.

Did you really need that explaining to you? Somehow I doubt it.

Perhaps this is difficult for you to understand, but it's not in pursuit of individual glory, it's for Team GB. He could not do it if he wasn't selected by Team GB. It's not a hard concept. Wimbledon, the US Open etc. etc. are all in pursuit of individual glory, but not the Olympics.

Oh and yes, you really did need that explained to you.

Perhaps this is difficult for you to understand, but it's not in pursuit of individual glory, it's for Team GB. He could not do it if he wasn't selected by Team GB. It's not a hard concept. Wimbledon, the US Open etc. etc. are all in pursuit of individual glory, but not the Olympics.

Oh and yes, you really did need that explained to you.

Thanks for explaining to me. It's now clear to me that Tai pulling out of the British Championships to concentrate on the World Championships has no similarity whatsover with Andy Murray pulling out of the GB team to concentrate on the Olympics.

Thank you.

You will now forever be my guru on these matters.

• Like 3

Thanks for explaining to me. It's now clear to me that Tai pulling out of the British Championships to concentrate on the World Championships has no similarity whatsover with Andy Murray pulling out of the GB team to concentrate on the GB team at the Olympics.

Thank you.

You will now forever be my guru on these matters.

No problem, glad to be of service. Just for clarity, have also added in the missing text from your note. I also don't want to start another long debate about the British Semi's but the reason he gave for pulling out wasn't simply to concentrate on the Individual World Championship.

Edited by SPEEDY69

It's fair to say that we don't often find ourselves on the same side of a discussion. But I'm genuinely interested, which is why I posed the question in the first place. I phrased it politely and I remain confident that robert72 will respond in kind. He likes to encourage debate (we are on page 112 after all) and appears to post with sufficient frequency to suggest that constraints on his time would not be an issue.

Still waiting I see...make yourself comfortable, very comfortable....

Has he? It's all rater unclear what Any Murray is doing according to this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-could-still-take-8400854

It said he was in Metro. I get all my facts from Speedy69, Metro and The Evening Standard. All 3 are free so it's good enough for me.

Edited by grachan

Still waiting I see...make yourself comfortable, very comfortable....

I retain full confidence in robert72, in so far as this matter is concerned. He has responded to jibes and abuse so will surely spare a few moments to share his insights in response to a genuine question asked politely and in good faith.

Let see you have the balls to say that to his face.. but no you are a coward.. who sits there casting judgement behind your keyboard..

No time for you at all..

I bet Robert has no time for yes men and Arse creepers like you

• Like 1

I bet Robert has no time for yes men and Arse creepers like you

Speedibee is 100% correct

TBH is dont really matter what we think on here, we don't pick the team , You can argue all you like on here if Tai should be riding for Team GB or not . Rossco picks the team and in my eyes there is more chance of me winning the lottery than Tai being left out .