British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

I'm not part of that vast (according to you ) majority nor is anybody else I know who follows speedway . I would much rather see a team comprised of riders who didn't choose to be British out of convenience , and still showing their loyalty to British speedway where they learned their trade

He learned his trade in Australia.

Bomber,Tai,Danny,Craig with lambertl as reserve.

As everyone knows I would leave tai out for missing the British final but nobody is strong enough to stand up and say what's right,if it was another GB rider then there would be calls to leave them out.

Danny was British champ so deserves his place like the first 2 are GP riders, think cook could step up and be a hero.

No place for Nichols but had tai,bomber or cook won the British final then I would of put in steve Worrall in instead of king

Wow 100 pages, just goes to show R72 can keep people debating :)

At least one objective has been achieved in this ongoing thread...!

Jeez, is this topic still boring on?

Well of course it is, lead by the one man hate band Robert72.

Still he has all the attention he craves as people feed it's nonsense.

of course Tai will be leading GB and get huge support at Cardiff.

He is a popular and well loved world champion.

WOFFY WOFFY WOFFY.

Not everywhere and everyone from what I have seen according to some Posts in this lengthy but interesting thread. :neutral:

Edited by Guest

He learned his trade in Australia.

He didn't learn it very well in Austrailia as he started off in the bottom league in the uk,most Aussies start a lot higher.

So after all that he really learnt his trade in Britain and then deserted British speedway as he no longer needed it or the British fans.

He didn't learn it very well in Austrailia as he started off in the bottom league in the uk,most Aussies start a lot higher.

So after all that he really learnt his trade in Britain and then deserted British speedway as he no longer needed it or the British fans.

He was 15 when he started in the UK, what other league could he ride in?

Edit: and he's not an Aussie.

Edited by salty
  • Like 4

I'm not part of that vast (according to you ) majority nor is anybody else I know who follows speedway . I would much rather see a team comprised of riders who didn't choose to be British out of convenience , and still showing their loyalty to British speedway where they learned their trade

That comment also basically sums up my feelings on Tai Woffinden.

How many times to some people need it drumming into their heads that Tai Woffinden is British before it actually sinks in? Unbelievable.

• Like 2

He was 15 when he started in the UK, what other league could he ride in?

Edit: and he's not an Aussie.

Where did I say he was an Aussie ?

"most Aussies start a lot higher" Obvious implication, otherwise why mention "Aussie"?

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/5008/battle-of-britain

Ooh, what's Tai holding in his right hand?

Aussie? My arse lol.

Showing your complete lack of knowledge yet again. Surprised, not. Where else could he ride at 15 years of age?

"most Aussies start a lot higher" Obvious implication, otherwise why mention "Aussie"?

I don't see any implication in robert72's comment that Tai Woffinden is an Australian, rather I view it as comparing him and his progress as against that demonstrated by Australian youngsters. :rolleyes:

I don't see any implication in robert72's comment that Tai Woffinden is an Australian, rather I view it as comparing him and his progress as against that demonstrated by Australian youngsters. :rolleyes:

Think it is just showing ignorance.All Aussies that come over at the age Tai did start at the same level as Tai did.So what is the point of a comparison?

Other than tai then nearly all learning their trade in Australia are Australian as I said, nothing there saying tai is an Aussie even if he does sing the Aussie anthem with pride.

Edited by robert72

Other than tai then nearly all learning their trade in Australia are Australian as I said, nothing there saying tai is an Aussie even if he does sing the Aussie anthem with pride.

so if he isnt an Aussie What is he ??? oh a Brit.. one who had every right to get a wildcard.. didnt use this country as a easy pass to the GP's..

jesus thats some planning from 2006 hey lets move to the UK because Tai you will get a wildcard to the GP's later on in your career.. we will start there when you are 15 because i know you will be world champion.. and you will get an easy pass to the GP's..

So you just showed your complete lack of knowledge then... tell us, which league could Tai have started in aged 15?

Well said robert72. :approve: