British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you message him personally on social media?

Better than spouting stuff on here about a 3rd party surely?

I find talking about other people with such conviction, without knowing them very well, rather distasteful personally.

i don't think tai has done himself any favours this year and he will face criticism.

Without fans you have nothing and even though he is clearly not a popular British world champion he should try and listen to fans views.

I honestly think he is badly advised off track and too many yes people around him.

Got anything to back up that statement???

• Like 1

With respect....this is not pointed at just you, but anybody...but what has anybody's views or opinion got to do with what he wants to do with his life?

No body knows exactly what goes on his life.

What gives anyone the right to go up to a person and tell them what they should be doing?

Just because he's a speedway rider, it doesn't give anyone the right to tell him what he can and cannot do.

Think about it.

In all seriousness...If you went up to Tai and said your feelings...what reaction would you want?

What's it got to do with you?

Why does he have to explain anything to you...or listen to your views?

Isn't that in itself all a bit weird?

I'd be highly embarrassed if it were me.

Silly post ...righty or wrongly people are allowed an opinion ...when you become a pro sportsman and even more so a high profile one like Tai you going to get stick and praise and people passing judgement on you it's part of the job . if you can't take that they you should quit .. there nothing more childish than people saying why don't you say it to his face etc it only comes second to can you ride a speedway bike ...that is play ground stuff .

• Like 1

For me i don't don't see it as an issue at all, he is in control of his career and all his fellow British riders understand that.Myself he puts his shift in for England and can't wait to see him ride the new Belle Vue.Also for him to at whatever stage go on and be a three time World Champion a rider for all young Brits Brennan,Bickley (ect) to aspire to be.

• Like 1

You only to look on here to see that opinion is divided about him ..his actions towards uk speedway have no doubt upset quite a lot of the speedway public

• Like 2

Like Orion rightly said take a look on here, tai is like the marmite kid.

You only to look on here to see that opinion is divided about him ..his actions towards uk speedway have no doubt upset quite a lot of the speedway public

Opinions are divided on this forum, no problem with that.

It's not clear he's an unpopular British World Champion though.

We'll wait for the reaction at Cardiff and the SWC, that'll be far more telling on his popularity.

Robert72 is clearly only stating his own opinion and speaking for everybody else

For me i don't don't see it as an issue at all, he is in control of his career and all his fellow British riders understand that.Myself he puts his shift in for England and can't wait to see him ride the new Belle Vue.Also for him to at whatever stage go on and be a three time World Champion a rider for all young Brits Brennan,Bickley (ect) to aspire to be.

So you want them to follow tai out of British speedway too.

• Like 1

Ward never turned his back on British Speedway.

In reply to Orion...i think the only playground 'stuff' as you put it, is a bunch of old gits gossiping about the actions of a speedway rider...silly topic, silly thread...full of people with 'opinions' telling others how to think and what Tai should be doing...nothing worse than people telling others how to think and what's right...what's the point? Everyone has got an opinion...everyone is different...like its going to make any difference. Does it make us all feel important venting our spleen about someone else and their actions...its all bullrubbish at the end of the day.

Ward never turned his back on British Speedway.

No & look at the stick he got!

There's about ten people who have posted against Tai on this thread..

over half of them have other agendas.

Hardly qualifies as 'not popular'.

If MOST uk fans don't like him, as claimed, he will be booed at Cardiff.

If he isn't, then Robert72's claims are proved wrong.

Not necessarily. There may be others like me who if they don't like a rider simply ignore them. I wouldn't waste my time and effort in booing anyone. i turned my back a lot when Cradley visited tho :P

EDITED cos I posted in the quote box in error :oops:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Not necessarily. There may be others like me who if they don't like a rider simply ignore them. I wouldn't waste my time and effort in booing anyone. i turned my back a lot when Cradley visited tho :P

EDITED cos I posted in the quote box in error :oops:

There's about ten people who have posted against Tai on this thread..

over half of them have other agendas.

Hardly qualifies as 'not popular'.

If he isn't, then Robert72's claims are proved wrong.

I don't do booing and I don't get the booing against Nicki Pedersen the most entertaining speedway rider for many years.

In reply to Orion...i think the only playground 'stuff' as you put it, is a bunch of old gits gossiping about the actions of a speedway rider...silly topic, silly thread...full of people with 'opinions' telling others how to think and what Tai should be doing...nothing worse than people telling others how to think and what's right...what's the point? Everyone has got an opinion...everyone is different...like its going to make any difference. Does it make us all feel important venting our spleen about someone else and their actions...its all bullrubbish at the end of the day.

This is a speedway forum ..people are going have opinions about riders that's the whole point ...if don't you enjoy that fair enough but suggest you don't read or go on forums if your going get upset .