British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

What is your "fair share" then 2 point wonder ?? So how much have you given ?

I trust you'll answer the same question you asked of others.

Looking back at your results on track you probably owe us all something for having to put up with you sliding off on every bend and make us late home.

What stupid comments from someone like you who never had the guts to race but pretends to be the keyboard warrior of authority as you of course Have raced but that was in your sleep lol

Very big difference between revenue and profit. Assume that power doesn't come cheap. Speedway multi millionaire does sound a tad exaggerated.

Nice of you to offer a token gesture for a UK Speedway pass, very admiral. Maybe you should take your own advice and do a bit more, at least offer Ben the going rate.

Given? Contributed to years of pay days and buckets.

So tell me how much you think top riders are on in Poland as you seem to think you know more about it ?

I am not bothered if I ever go to another speedway meeting if I am honest,it's not the same anymore, I think you lost the point I didn't say £50 it was what someone said it's better than riders getting in free,please get your facts right.

So tell me how much you think top riders are on in Poland as you seem to think you know more about it ?

I am not bothered if I ever go to another speedway meeting if I am honest,it's not the same anymore, I think you lost the point I didn't say £50 it was what someone said it's better than riders getting in free,please get your facts right.

Don't recall I have ever said I know more about Speedway riders Pay in Poland - only stating multi millionaire is news to me. I do read of riders often not being paid.

I was responding to 'your' quote advising you would donate £50 for a free pass, well done.

Recommend you 'read your own posts", might help you 'get your facts right'.

I would say that it is highly unlikely that Tai is a Multi Millionaire, I don't think that the sport generates that kind of money.

As for Tai been British or wanting to British, I think he has clearly stated in the past that he is British not only does he ride for Team GB but he also does a lot of charity work for charitable causes in this country.

Of course Tai left Britain at a very early age and move to Australia at a very young age, and that is where he differs from all of the World Champions from the past, there will always be that little bit of Aussie in him, but deep down he is and wants to be British.

Some say he refuse to ride in the British Final.

He did nothing of the sort, he withdrew from the Semi Finals.

The reasons for that was because both Semi Finals were either side of a Grand Prix, who on earth decided that was a good idea, the BSPA needs to take a long hard look at themselves, by doing what they did they may it virtually impossible for him to defend his title so he withdrew.

He could have asked to be seeded through to the Final but he probably thought that if he did ask he would get slaughter for it.

As for him not riding in the British leagues, well most of the top riders don't and they alll give the same reason as Tai to many fixtures and different days, and like so many he chooses not to ride here because he has ambitions to be Multi World Champion.

I think rather than people starting threads pulling the lad down and campaigning to get him dropped from Team GB why not just celebrate the fact that we have the best rider in the World leading our team into the World Cup.

No, but they're not British and the top (European) riders do ride in their home countries.

• Like 1

What stupid comments from someone like you who never had the guts to race but pretends to be the keyboard warrior of authority as you of course Have raced but that was in your sleep lol

I was never interested in the slightest in riding, so your comment is rather pointless there. I'm no keyboard warrior Rob, i'd be quite happy to discuss this in person if this thread drags on until the time i hopefully pop up to Coventry for the last time.

You've avoided an answer again anyway by the way, but you obviously know that...

• Like 1

I was responding to 'your' quote advising you would donate £50 for a free pass, well done.

Recommend you 'read your own posts", might help you 'get your facts right'.

To be fair to Robert72 (not, admittedly, a phrase tripping easily off my keyboard), the original suggestion of £50 for a free pass came from another poster, diamond ernie. Robert72 is an enthusiastic supporter of the idea.

• Like 1

To be fair to Robert72 (not, admittedly, a phrase tripping easily off my keyboard), the original suggestion of £50 for a free pass came from another poster, diamond ernie. Robert72 is an enthusiastic supporter of the idea.

Only because he thinks he qualifies and wants entrance on the cheap :)

• Like 1

No, but they're not British and the top (European) riders do ride in their home countries.

Probably because they are not asked to ride three times per week in their own countries.

Only because he thinks he qualifies and wants entrance on the cheap :)

I merely stated the fact. Posters may draw such conclusions as they see fit...

I merely stated the fact. Posters may draw such conclusions as they see fit...

I know.. and I did :)

• Like 1

I would say that it is highly unlikely that Tai is a Multi Millionaire, I don't think that the sport generates that kind of money.

As for Tai been British or wanting to British, I think he has clearly stated in the past that he is British not only does he ride for Team GB but he also does a lot of charity work for charitable causes in this country.

Of course Tai left Britain at a very early age and move to Australia at a very young age, and that is where he differs from all of the World Champions from the past, there will always be that little bit of Aussie in him, but deep down he is and wants to be British.

Some say he refuse to ride in the British Final.

He did nothing of the sort, he withdrew from the Semi Finals.

The reasons for that was because both Semi Finals were either side of a Grand Prix, who on earth decided that was a good idea, the BSPA needs to take a long hard look at themselves, by doing what they did they may it virtually impossible for him to defend his title so he withdrew.

He could have asked to be seeded through to the Final but he probably thought that if he did ask he would get slaughter for it.

As for him not riding in the British leagues, well most of the top riders don't and they alll give the same reason as Tai to many fixtures and different days, and like so many he chooses not to ride here because he has ambitions to be Multi World Champion.

I think rather than people starting threads pulling the lad down and campaigning to get him dropped from Team GB why not just celebrate the fact that we have the best rider in the World leading our team into the World Cup.

Think your opinions on Tai missing the British Finals are like everyone else's just hearsay. If only Steve Brandon could have continued his line of questioning at the GP we might have found out from the horse's mouth unscripted, rather than the carefully prepared statements

How the hell has this thread reached 58 pages. The original question only needed a yes or no answer :)

• Like 4

Doesn't matter who proposed the suggestion. My point was, for someone so vocal towards others charitable contributions yet only offer a token gesture for a UK Speedway pass, comes across as a tad hypocritical.

How the hell has this thread reached 58 pages. The original question only needed a yes or no answer :)

I must admit that I am slightly bemused that it needed to be asked at all.

Born in Britain to British parents, who on earth should he be riding for ?

• Like 3

Doesn't matter who proposed the suggestion. My point was, for someone so vocal towards others charitable contributions yet only offer a token gesture for a UK Speedway pass, comes across as a tad hypocritical.

Merely trying, somewhat against my natural inclination, to be fair.

As to your point on hypocrisy, couldn't agree more. And less of the 'tad'.

• Like 1

I must admit that I am slightly bemused that it needed to be asked at all.

Born in Britain to British parents, who on earth should he be riding for ?

The team he passionately sings the national anthem too and the flag tattooed on his back is who he wishes he had chosen.