British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Now you're clutching at straws, he was wildcarded into the series, finals take place at the end of each event, weather & rider strikes permitting of course.

?? the gp's are the final series ...what do you think the other rounds to get into are or called ? the point was that people don't wildcards into finals and the fact in speedway they do all the time .

no its a one man hate mission for our current world champ..

first this one.. then the world cup team one.. now you are going to start in the Tai's training schools..

So why do you all continue to run this thread. Its done to death..

Given us a World Champion.. and Captain the GB World Cup Team

and the Training Schools when they come in this year..

in all honesty what does he need to do for us ??

But Nobody has seen him ride in Britain and he won the title last September so how does it benefit the fans or British speedway ?

Training schools I will believe that when I see it

As a British world champion he could do a lot more for British speedway in this country if Britain means so much to him.

But Nobody has seen him ride in Britain and he won the title last September so how does it benefit the fans or British speedway ?

As a British world champion he could do a lot more for British speedway in this country if Britain means so much to him.

Do you really believe what you write???

So if Tai was riding in the elite league it would boost the sport would it??? Dont remember that happening in 2015???

I dont think fans are that worried if he rides here or not. And you dont think having a British World Champion benefits the sport lol pillock

Well lets hope Hancock wins it and then there will be hardly any column inches in the national press. If Tai wins it then there will be lots of articles about a 3x BRITISH world champion.

You are a clueless troll. 84 pages of the same garbage from yourself. Somebody who knows Tai personally has told you but you keep going on.

Go crawl back in your hole

why do we need to see him ride... you watch the GP's or go and watch them live..

training schools will happen when the BSPA work it out as well.. watch this space when the dates are published.

what do you want him to do Robert72 and be specific you wont see him in a domestic league thats for sure.. he has a busy enough schedule to ride... a fiancé as well.. there has to be a work life balance to everyone surely

would you ask lewis hamilton to drive here more often ?? when we see him for one GP a year.. you could say the same about a lot of sports like football.. do we see bale play here yet he plays for wales.. ??

i bet here comes the statement they are not like speedway.. these are professional sportsmen they are all the same just a different sport

Edited by Dazzafl

I'd seen him ride at King's Lynn in March thanks with Wroclaw.

Everyone had the chance to come and say hi and congratulations to the new British World Champion free-happy-smileys-346.gif

• Like 1

I'd seen him ride at King's Lynn in March thanks with Wroclaw.

Everyone had the chance to come and say hi and congratulations to the new British World Champion free-happy-smileys-346.gif

we will also see him ride for the GB team this year so there squashes another point of his... go watch him ride there.. get your fix while you can

why do we need to see him ride... you watch the GP's or go and watch them live..

training schools will happen when the BSPA work it out as well.. watch this space when the dates are published.

what do you want him to do Robert72 and be specific you wont see him in a domestic league thats for sure.. he has a busy enough schedule to ride... a fiancé as well.. there has to be a work life balance to everyone surely

would you ask lewis hamilton to drive here more often ?? when we see him for one GP a year.. you could say the same about a lot of sports like football.. do we see bale play here yet he plays for wales.. ??

i bet here comes the statement they are not like speedway.. these are professional sportsmen they are all the same just a different sport

The only analogy I can make with Tai Woffinden is Rory Mcilroy's predicament in golf. He plays his golf on the US tour, and all the majors of which one is in the UK but he always makes a place in his calendar to play the Irish Open. Its not for the prize money he can earn more in the corresponding US event but feels its important for his fans in Ireland,north and south to see him play and be able to engage with the fans of the country he represents around the World. Just Saying !

we will also see him ride for the GB team this year so there squashes another point of his... go watch him ride there.. get your fix while you can

Yet another opportunity for robert 'the failed speedway rider' 72 to speak to Tai personally and ask him to his face why he 'shuns' the UK and didn't ride in the British Final...so come on man, will you? Of course not :rofl:

Even I've spoken to Tai at Cardiff in the past, it's not difficult.

A keyboard troll of the highest order, end of.

Hardly going to say it before as people said he was looking for a way out ...you are just speculating that he's telling truth ,..the bottom line is all about opinion only Tai will no himself .

Wrong ..in all sports you have sports teams /sportsman seeded to later rounds ...in Wimbledon or in the big golf torneys some are already in the draw some have to get there by qualifying etc .

NOT THE FINAL THOUGH...

Wrong Again ...Tai got a wildcard into the finals of the gp series

I think you'll find Dazzafl has already put that to rest...try reading what's posted.

The only analogy I can make with Tai Woffinden is Rory Mcilroy's predicament in golf. He plays his golf on the US tour, and all the majors of which one is in the UK but he always makes a place in his calendar to play the Irish Open. Its not for the prize money he can earn more in the corresponding US event but feels its important for his fans in Ireland,north and south to see him play and be able to engage with the fans of the country he represents around the World. Just Saying !

So, Woffy will have made 1 extra appearance than McIlroy on British shores.

King's Lynn (Wroclaw)

Cardiff (SGP)

Belle Vue (SWC)

So what's the problem

• Like 1

King's Lynn (Wroclaw)

Cardiff (SGP)

Belle Vue (SWC)

So what's the problem

No Ben Fund

No British Final

2 very important meetings he couldn't be bothered to do.

King's Lynn (Wroclaw)

Cardiff (SGP)

Belle Vue (SWC)

So what's the problem

i am also sure he will be here to welcome the fans and speak to them take "selfies" etc.. with enough fans.. also does his bit for charity..

in fact how many top line sports stars go to someones home to sign a wall that has a massive murial of him on it.. it cost him in fuel and time to go and do that..

yet he doesnt do anything for us british fans.. utter tosh

No Ben Fund

No British Final

For the love of GOD... (i dont believe in him but seriously you are pushing it)

when will you give it a rest.. you are like a dog with a bone.. although the bone is very very small a bit like your brain..

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

No Ben Fund

No British Final

New career

Mission

Campaign

Which one are you on or after.

Or is it all three.

Pretty sure that Rory's charity or foundation sponsor the Irish Open. It is the only European Tour event held in Ireland and he plays in it.

i am also sure he will be here to welcome the fans and speak to them take "selfies" etc.. with enough fans.. also does his bit for charity..

in fact how many top line sports stars go to someones home to sign a wall that has a massive murial of him on it.. it cost him in fuel and time to go and do that..

yet he doesnt do anything for us british fans.. utter tosh

For the love of GOD... (i dont believe in him but seriously you are pushing it)

when will you give it a rest.. you are like a dog with a bone.. although the bone is very very small a bit like your brain..

I have known a number of speedway riders who have visited fans who have been sick in hospital or had special birthdays non have taken a video camera with them.

What he did for the lad was good, shame he doesn't do something for the British Ben Fund, maybe he should donate his cheque from the British GP to the Ben fund, that would be a credible thing to do and would give him good PR