British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Cradley Heathens Nl 27/4

Kent have come up against arguably the leagues top 2 reserve pairings so far and come up short. Anybody who faced Cradley before Perks got a true average will struggle. Danny's form hadn't been electric before his injury so hard to say we would have won with him included.

If it was still the traditional play offs I would be saying don't panic as there's still plenty of time but with only the top 2 involved in the shoot out there's a feeling that too much ground has been lost already.

Kent have come up against arguably the leagues top 2 reserve pairings so far and come up short. Anybody who faced Cradley before Perks got a true average will struggle. Danny's form hadn't been electric before his injury so hard to say we would have won with him included.

If it was still the traditional play offs I would be saying don't panic as there's still plenty of time but with only the top 2 involved in the shoot out there's a feeling that too much ground has been lost already.

I have seen 4 Teams so far this season, The Brummies, Coventry, Eastbourne, and Kent, without saying which in my opinion is strongest, Kent will struggle to beat any of those at home.

I have seen 4 Teams so far this season, The Brummies, Coventry, Eastbourne, and Kent, without saying which in my opinion is strongest, Kent will struggle to beat any of those at home.

Now that's not fair. Dan Greenwood could break down on the way giving us a chance and apart from calamity Kirby im not sure any of the Birmingham team have ever ridden Central Park? Not looking forward to the visit from Stoke though.

Why has having faster reactions to the tapes going up than the other 3 in the race always have to be classed as getting a roller.. Todays ref,s dont know the difference between a perfect start and a roller, and pull everything back. and Most of the World champions of the past had exactly that ability FAST REACTIONS.....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Now that's not fair. Dan Greenwood could break down on the way giving us a chance and apart from calamity Kirby im not sure any of the Birmingham team have ever ridden Central Park? Not looking forward to the visit from Stoke though.

Hardly any of Eastbournes riders have ridden there so doesn't that say something?

Hardly any of Eastbournes riders have ridden there so doesn't that say something?

Bit different when those that had could offer useable advice. Dan Greenwood is a proven performer at Kent as is Marc Owen. Kelsey is no stranger either.

Bit different when those that had could offer useable advice. Dan Greenwood is a proven performer at Kent as is Marc Owen. Kelsey is no stranger either.

Owen scored 4 and Wilson Dean got 13 hrs never seen the track before... Nor had Georgie and he got something like 9.

Whoever wrote the report on the Kent Website and said it was a `Bumper Crowd` must be deluded.

The 'person' who wrote it was standing with the promoter Mr Cearns who knew the turnstile figures..! Quite where you got the idea it was a tiny crowd from I really couldn't say.

Other than you should've gone to Specsavers!!

• Like 1

The 'person' who wrote it was standing with the promoter Mr Cearns who knew the turnstile figures..! Quite where you got the idea it was a tiny crowd from I really couldn't say.

What was the crowd then ?

If the crowd last night was a bumper crowd,god help Speedway.

• Like 1

What was the crowd then ?If the crowd last night was a bumper crowd,god help Speedway.

it would take more than an act of god to save speedway!

Mr Cearns may well be correct in his description, to some 100 may be a bumper crowd, I will stand by assesment of not more than 300 with many more empty seats than occupied seats.

Mr Cearns may well be correct in his description, to some 100 may be a bumper crowd, I will stand by assesment of not more than 300 with many more empty seats than occupied seats.

Well according to *arsloes we should go to Specsavers as we could not see the "bumper" crowd last night.

They must have been hiding somewhere.

Speedway clubs very rarely, if ever, publish crowd figures especially those that only deal in cash.

I know for a fact that the average in the first season was over 1000.

Since then there does seem a discrepancy between the press releases/assessment from people who speak for the club and the views of those there, including sponsors.

Most weeks the numbers mentioned by the updater on the Speedway Updates for example are questioned by fans / sponsors in attendance.

At the end of the day though in a sense it doesn't matter whether it's 300 a week or 900 a week if Mr Cearns is happy then great.

Parsloes and I don't agree on much, and don't forget he is their Press Officer so cannot say anything other than positive thingzs, but even I cannot believe he would use the term "bumper crowd" if there were 300 there as thats not even break even for CP and Im sure the VAT man would come a knocking.

As to the earlier post about Mr Silvers promotional activities I will let the history of Kent Kings commercial and promotional activities speak for themselves.

Speedway clubs very rarely, if ever, publish crowd figures especially those that only deal in cash.

I know for a fact that the average in the first season was over 1000.

Since then there does seem a discrepancy between the press releases/assessment from people who speak for the club and the views of those there, including sponsors.

Most weeks the numbers mentioned by the updater on the Speedway Updates for example are questioned by fans / sponsors in attendance.

At the end of the day though in a sense it doesn't matter whether it's 300 a week or 900 a week if Mr Cearns is happy then great.

Parsloes and I don't agree on much, and don't forget he is their Press Officer so cannot say anything other than positive thingzs, but even I cannot believe he would use the term "bumper crowd" if there were 300 there as thats not even break even for CP and Im sure the VAT man would come a knocking.

As to the earlier post about Mr Silvers promotional activities I will let the history of Kent Kings commercial and promotional activities speak for themselves.

Hi Nikko,agree with your post.

To say on the Website it was a `bumper`crowd was just wrong.A bumper crowd was the 1ST Meeting ever against the so called American team.If Monday night was a bumper crowd then what was the crowd against Eastbourne ? That was much bigger so must be a MEGA crowd.It just seems that crowds at Central Park are going down each season which is sad.

We are told each season that the side has been built to win some silverware,well I can say again this season that the side is a long way off that and it is part of the reason for the crowds going down for a stand alone Club.

The ONE shining light is the signing of Shanes who is a real crowd pleaser - pity there are not more like him.