British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry 29th April

Conor Mountain guesting tonight!

Shows what a joke this draft is

The draft is a good thing it's just a shame that people who are available don't want to ride.

Who

Rides in NL

Number 26 on draft list!!

The draft is a good thing it's just a shame that people who are available don't want to ride.

I'm talking about the ranking on the list. Huge advantage to Kings Lynn as no heat in reserve races and the other race he isn't replaced in.

Who

He's a very good prospect Bee 26, but that is for the future and not now.

He'll race his heart out, as he does for Mildenhall, but Elite League is a step to far I'd have thought. The fact that Ashley Morris hasn't found his form yet, might enable Connor to keep on the pace with one rider tonight. I wish him well though.

Incidentally, summer has arrived this afternoon.....i.e. It's not raining now, and is drying out, but jeez it's damned cold.

Conor Mountain guesting tonight!

Shows what a joke this draft is

Woah, we have to be careful criticizing the draft. It's been good to us the last 2 seasons. Oddly it's only Coventry who twice now have struggled so badly to find a guest.

Anyway, if Ash Morris is confidence is so shot, tell Jason to shove Morris out of the way on bend 1 and Connor can get into 3rd and might be able to hold of a low on confidence Ash Morris. Similarly, hopefully Havvy will be telling our boys to give Bjerre some stick on bend 1 so he throttles off and ends up at the back.

Woah, we have to be careful criticizing the draft. It's been good to us the last 2 seasons. Oddly it's only Coventry who twice now have struggled so badly to find a guest.

Anyway, if Ash Morris is confidence is so shot, tell Jason to shove Morris out of the way on bend 1 and Connor can get into 3rd and might be able to hold of a low on confidence Ash Morris. Similarly, hopefully Havvy will be telling our boys to give Bjerre some stick on bend 1 so he throttles off and ends up at the back.

I don't mean the actual draft. I mean the way it's ranked. Wasn't it King's Lynn last season though we struggled to find a reserve for and raced with just 1. That time it fired the team up.

Thanks to Mountain for guesting when others wouldn't.

Edited by mdmc82

Oh well, good luck to the lad.

Didn't Andy Mountain used to ride at Lynn?

• Like 3

No Storm lads available to ride for Bees?

Connor Mountain scored 10 for Mildenhall earlier on in the season at Lynn versus the Young Stars. On current form he'll give Morris a run for his money.

Besides, despite getting to the grand final, Bees managed to keep hold of their first choice draft pairing from the get go, so let's not whinge about the draft too much eh?

Looking forward to a tight meeting against 2 teams who I expect to be in the playoffs come September (along with Poole and Belle Vue).

• Like 2

Yes, Andy who is Connor's dad, did ride at King's Lynn. They both rode in the same Amateur Meetings last season.

Quite a few years ago now,but yes he did.

Connor is a local lad like Robert and Lewis, will be good to see how he is getting on!

Looks like cov have a mountain to climb

• Like 2

Looks like cov have a mountain to climb

Oh my word, that is dreadful :party:

Awful!! If u can't do any better than that don't bother lol

Trees, on 29 Apr 2015 - 3:09 PM, said:

Connor is a local lad like Robert and Lewis, will be good to see how he is getting on!

Fair play & Good Luck to the young lad for taking up the chance to ride .

• Like 1