British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 29/4/15

There's only one word to describe him on a bike, brilliant!

These's also one word to describe him off a bike, d**kh**d! sorry if I've offended any Darcy fans but that's how I see him.

Sounds like Nicki Pedersen in reverse!!

• Like 2

That sounds ok but who guests for Magic?

Not certain but due to all the other Bank Holiday meetings and other teams also requiring guests, I'm hearing it could be r/r!!

Not certain but due to all the other Bank Holiday meetings and other teams also requiring guests, I'm hearing it could be r/r!!

Batchelor, Nicholls & Kildemand would all be good.

Batchelor, Nicholls & Kildemand would all be good.

It can't be Killer as he hasn't ridden for Swindon yet!

• Like 1

Never mind hasn't ridden for Swindon, he isn't even in their line up yet! Nicholls' average is too high for an away meeting.

Edited by Nellie

Never mind hasn't ridden for Swindon, he isn't even in their line up yet! Nicholls' average is too high for an away meeting.

That's what I said - in order to ride for a team, they have to be in your line-up - it's the same!

That's what I said - in order to ride for a team, they have to be in your line-up - it's the same!

A rider could be declared in a side without having actually made an appearance, but it's a minor point to be discussing :D

Edit: in all seriousness, having just checked the guest eligibility rule, it only says the guest must be in a current team declaration. Unless I'm missing something, if Swindon's re-declaration is accepted before Monday, he could guest.

Edited by Nellie

It can't be Killer as he hasn't ridden for Swindon yet!

Makes you wonder if he will actually appear for the Robins unless it's just another administration mess up.

Makes you wonder if he will actually appear for the Robins unless it's just another administration mess up.

Of course he will Steve & it was down to Swindon messing up tonight.

Of course he will Steve & it was down to Swindon messing up tonight.

Shame he isn't here for the whole season , worth the entry money to watch him.

• Like 1

Shame he isn't here for the whole season , worth the entry money to watch him.

We can live in hope as think Adrian must be a doubt to return.

• Like 1

I think Batch could be the answer.
  • Like 1

I think we should do the old switcharoo.

1) We get any old rider signed in his place (for example, Lawson).

2) He get's kitted up and ready for each race.

3) He pops to the toilet just before each race, just after the 2 minute timer starts.

4) Darcy Ward, who has been waiting in the toilets the whole time, emerges dressed in Lawsons kit.

5) Lawson waits until the race is over to once again switch places with Darcy Ward, who will return to the toilets after every race.

It's flawless. :)

Except that Darcy is in Australia!! :D:wink:

I think Batch could be the answer.

Batch did us proud in the play-offs last year but I don't think he's the answer based on his rides since his injuries - and he's guesting for AJ anyway!!

R/r for Magic confirmed for Monday.

Edited by Skidder1

What are regular Poole supporters views on Holders form. Do you think it is the track or something else? Shame to see such a good rider

struggling.

The track is not the problem, Chris seams to have lost his confidence which isn't surprising.

Felt sorry for Belle Vue as they should have won the e/f from Zagar saved poole. Belle Vue were the better side on the day.

The track is not the problem, Chris seams to have lost his confidence which isn't surprising.

Felt sorry for Belle Vue as they should have won the e/f from Zagar saved poole. Belle Vue were the better side on the day.

I disagree on this a bit as the track surely cant be helping.

Granted he had a huge smash and yes his confidence has to be low.

But if he is racing on a decent surface he would probably be more inclined to 'have more of a go'

On the ploughed field of Wimborne Road he doesnt feel at ease on the track and will certainly not have the confidence to try anything.

If he makes the gate he seems fine at Poole. if he misses it then he doesnt seem to want to mix it on a poor track.