British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 29/4/15

I disagree on this a bit as the track surely cant be helping.

Granted he had a huge smash and yes his confidence has to be low.

But if he is racing on a decent surface he would probably be more inclined to 'have more of a go'

On the ploughed field of Wimborne Road he doesnt feel at ease on the track and will certainly not have the confidence to try anything.

If he makes the gate he seems fine at Poole. if he misses it then he doesnt seem to want to mix it on a poor track.

Zagar past him from the back in ht 15, made Holder look very ordinary

Zagar past him from the back in ht 15, made Holder look very ordinary

At this present moment Zagar is a better rider than Chris but read What Troy has put in the local press about how he felt last night.

His injury was nowhere near as bad as Chris's as well.

But if he is racing on a decent surface he would probably be more inclined to 'have more of a go'

On the ploughed field of Wimborne Road he doesnt feel at ease on the track and will certainly not have the confidence to try anything.

If he makes the gate he seems fine at Poole. if he misses it then he doesnt seem to want to mix it on a poor track.

Maybe the track isn't helping but he is not the same rider now, could be mechanical but in my view the problem is in his head.

• Like 2

Maybe the track isn't helping but he is not the same rider now, could be mechanical but in my view the problem is in his head.

Got to agree with you on this, in the recent best pairs meeting in Germany he was not riding like the Holder we all love to see ride, That was hard to say from a Belle Vue fan ;)

The track is not the problem, Chris seams to have lost his confidence which isn't surprising.

Felt sorry for Belle Vue as they should have won the e/f from Zagar saved poole. Belle Vue were the better side on the day.

Thanks for your opinions guys. I happen to think it is more in his head. I hope he can get sorted as he is a rider I love to see race. :t:

• Like 1

Thanks for your opinions guys. I happen to think it is more in his head. I hope he can get sorted as he is a rider I love to see race. :t:

I think we all want to see the real Holder back.

However surely his confidence would come back quicker on a track he knows is safe and decent

• Like 1

I think we all want to see the real Holder back.

However surely his confidence would come back quicker on a track he knows is safe and decent

I thought he would start to move forward more quickly once he got the Bees meeting out of the way where he had his accident.

Watching Holder and I would say its mechanical seems to be down on power imo

• Like 1

Lots of post-meeting chat between Chris and Gerald Richter on the track. New shale delivered - "proper shale for proper speedway" as quoted by Richter!! :t:

• Like 1

Also think it is in Chris Holders head. From the few meetings I've seen, this year/end of last year (not just at Poole), he's keeping well away from the fence; where he used to excel

Like others, I hope he gets back to his excellent best, as brilliant to watch

• Like 1

Great result for aces. BUT why didn't s worrall take nielsen%s 4th ride? A point there could have been the difference

Well that's the Team Managers decision and he got it wrong Big Time. Is he up to the job as Team Manager?

Is he the one who has chose the new signing because a big track rider won't do any good on a technical track like Belle Vue. As was proved when he guested against Coventry.

He'd have had to have been taken out of his 2nd or 3rd ride. Not actually his "4th ride".

Badly worded on my part, but clearly what I meant was why didn't worrall take one of Nielsen's rides (I.e. why give Nielsen 4 rides).

Same issue v Swindon last night.

Badly worded on my part, but clearly what I meant was why didn't worrall take one of Nielsen's rides (I.e. why give Nielsen 4 rides).

Same issue v Swindon last night.

I understood you - and from afar agreed with you but some seem to be being pedantic, which is hardly a shock is it :D

I'M pedantic!!!

Pot and kettle?

You seem to think that if I'm pedantic you can't be or vice-versa. We can both be pedantic you know. C'mon, you're not fooling anyone trying to claiming you're not :D