British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

AJ is the last rider to be announced

Holder as had to withdraw due to polish commitments with torun. Hans Anderson will replace Chris.

This jumping to every Polish command needs to be stopped.If Holder or any other riders calender was empty for him to take the Belle vue booking and he agreed to ride then he should be commited to that meeting.Belle vue have advertised that Holder will be riding in the meeting.Holder an ex world champion is a big name and part of the reason why people have bought tickets for this meeting,and some Poole fans may have bought tickets booked hotels and made travel arangements at no small cost to come and support him.

There is no way that any other club that has arranged a meeting/event after the meeting that said rider has commited to ride should be able to insist that a rider breaks his contract.If a rider signs on the dotted line to ride in a meeting then he should be made unavailable to ride elsewhere full stop.Its really not fair on fans that have bought tickets to see him ride.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 8

Stadium now been awarded the British final. Not a great surprise. I guess this will be Craig's best ever chance, he'll have a heads up on the track.

Wolves has been a great venue with some super racing, but it's a small track and hasn't helped the younger Brits develop. I think moving to a big fast track will have a big impact, and may open the field up as well

Just wish it was a Saturday. Instead it's monday to suit sky and missing out on a big crowd

Stadium now been awarded the British final. Not a great surprise. I guess this will be Craig's best ever chance, he'll have a heads up on the track.

Wolves has been a great venue with some super racing, but it's a small track and hasn't helped the younger Brits develop. I think moving to a big fast track will have a big impact, and may open the field up as well

Just wish it was a Saturday. Instead it's monday to suit sky and missing out on a big crowd

Good post. Monday is probably the worst night of the week for fans in general. Edited by woz01

Can I just ask what the capacity of the New Stadium will be ?

Cheers.

Can I just ask what the capacity of the New Stadium will be ?

Cheers.

FOR the British Final? More than enough. Agree, Monday not the best night for travelling fans south of the Midlands.

FOR the British Final? More than enough. Agree, Monday not the best night for travelling fans south of the Midlands.

totally understand this point, but footy clubs still create big Monday night crowds where ever they play, and

surely the Manchester area alone could boost a british final night?

totally understand this point, but footy clubs still create big Monday night crowds where ever they play, and

surely the Manchester area alone could boost a british final night?

Its a national event not a local one and I can't believe you comparing Football to Speedway. Edited by woz01

Its a national event not a local one and I can't believe you comparing Football to Speedway.

not comparing, but just highlighting a fact, if people want to see an event, they will go to it WHAT EVER day

it is on. and of course its a national event, but again, it should, entice more locals out, being a larger event

No just capacity of Stadium . :lol:

No just capacity of Stadium . :lol:

Can hold 6000 for league matches and 10000 for world cup

• Like 1

Capacity is expandable. The main start grand stand and the back straight stand are permanant.

If you get to see overhead photos of the stadium you will see there is no room on corners1-2 for any ixtures, but corners 3-4 can have temporary stand erected which will increase the capacity.

For the SWC end of July that corner 3-4 stand will be erected - or at least it will as we have seats already booked in it..

Think that expansion will take it to something like 10,000, so something less for a "normal" meeting.

ps mark.1 typed faster then I did.

Edited by Joe Hatton
  • Like 2

It will look great when finished, that is an "artist impression", last photos I saw show bends 3-4 yet to be finished.

Can hold 6000 for league matches and 10000 for world cup

Although 10,000 was originally quoted, it is now 9000 for the world cup matches.

On that subject, the seating plan on Belle Vue website shows some terracing on bend 1 & 2 yet SGP website doesn't show any. Anyone know why there is a difference?

Although 10,000 was originally quoted, it is now 9000 for the world cup matches.

On that subject, the seating plan on Belle Vue website shows some terracing on bend 1 & 2 yet SGP website doesn't show any. Anyone know why there is a difference?

The one on BV website not correct now, no terracing on bend 1 & 2 full stop (apart from a small section on bend 1 for riders and mechanics etc), there is terracing on bend 3 and 4 for league meetings but not for world cup as temporary grandstand will be there.

Edited by Rob B