National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

It is now sold out

5000 tickets sold

So well done

More tickets may come available depending on the few test events coming up

Can watch 3rd and 4th bend. But not 1st and 2nd

What's the problem on turns 1 & 2?

Take a look at the artists impression on post 491

You will see buildings for other sports facilities. The new site is a sports village, speedway just being one sport. To enable stands or terracing the whole way round trun 1/2 would have meant a smaller track, whch is not what BV wanted. A sacrifice to pay to ensure a larger racing track. Its a shame cause plenty of action on turns 1-2 but also plenty of spectator space rest of the stadium and dont forget for the bigger events like the Speedway WC end of July a stand will be erected on turns 3-4.

It is now sold out

5000 tickets sold

So well done

More tickets may come available depending on the few test events coming up

That is good, they may have to test their temp stands on bends 3 and 4 earlier than they thought.

Capacity is 5000 without temp stands I think.

Supply and demand I suppose. I think they could have erected the stand and probably sold it.

What's the problem on turns 1 & 2?

Because the track goes right up to the wall of the sports centre. Well not right upto but not enough to fit a lot of fans there. So that area is for riders and mechanics etc

Thanks for the info.

So you won't be able to walk around the first/second bend to get to the back straight?

Edited by Stoke Potter

Great news that the opening meeting is a sell out.

I was hoping it would be a sell out and most pleased to see it happen.

Great news that the opening meeting is a sell out.

I was hoping it would be a sell out and most pleased to see it happen.

It is great news and congratulations to everyone concerned. The statement does say that there may be some additional tickets available after the Test Event on 13th March has been held:

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1627

(From a personal point of view it's a bit disappointing that spectators will not be able to view from the 2nd bend, as that is where I have always watched my speedway given a choice, but the roof of the Sports Centre looks quite cosy, so may have to brush up on my spider man skills.)

It's all moved along brilliantly since this report on BBC Northwest Tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQdxKchhFQ

Thanks for the info.

So you won't be able to walk around the first/second bend to get to the back straight?

There are turnstiles over on the terracing side

Re "photo" on ~491 - Looks like there is a grass bank exiting turn 2, maybe a standing area?

Think someone else has said turn 1 will be riders/mechanics viewing area, albeit limited.

(From a personal point of view it's a bit disappointing that spectators will not be able to view from the 2nd bend, as that is where I have always watched my speedway given a choice, but the roof of the Sports Centre looks quite cosy, so may have to brush up on my spider man skills.)

It's all moved along brilliantly since this report on BBC Northwest Tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQdxKchhFQ

You may have to take a collapsible ladder to the meetings.

• Like 1

Re "photo" on ~491 - Looks like there is a grass bank exiting turn 2, maybe a standing area?

Think someone else has said turn 1 will be riders/mechanics viewing area, albeit limited.

That isn't a photo, it was an early drawing. There's no grass banking anywhere. The safety fence on turn two goes right to the stadium boundary. Beyond that is a big drop down to the car park.

i know its not a photo thats why I put "photo", which was quicker to type then saying "artists impression" which I did in an earlier post, but any time saved has been lost replying :cry:

Seen a discussion about new FIM standards for tracks,in particular new tracks must meet these.The older already approved tracks it seems have a bit of time to get up to standard.I guess the new Belle Vue meets this kinetic energy absorbing fence standard?From what I gather the fence the whole way round the track must meet this,not just on the bends