British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Ipswich Witches Premier League 10th May 2015 At 6.30pm

The handlebars snapped (completly sheared on the throttle side) therefore the cut-off didn't come out as it would do normally.

On the downside, another meeting that lasted 2 and a half hours. Thankfully no sun delay, otherwise we could have been still there!

still doesn't make sense tho,,,, the cut out is attached to the machine and the wrist, so if man and machine become seperated by more than the length of the string, it should still work,,, it's not as if Leighs arm snapped off and it was still grasping the throttle,,, bizarre ???

• Like 1

still doesn't make sense tho,,,, the cut out is attached to the machine and the wrist, so if man and machine become seperated by more than the length of the string, it should still work,,, it's not as if Leighs arm snapped off and it was still grasping the throttle,,, bizarre ???

It did, did you not see the medics stitching it back on in the pits. :shock::D:P

I agree, if no connection exists then the bike should cut out. If the handlebars snapped, the cut out must still have come out as Leigh was not somersaulting down the centre green with the bike and neither was his arm, therefore the cut out must have been pull and the bike should have died, almost instantly. Out of interest, if a person had gotten injured through that incident, where would the buck have stopped, is the machine examiner, clerk of the course, the rider or no one. I'm not pointing fingers by the way just interested or is it a cause of if you are on the centre green you understand the risks and accept them? Incident nice quite as bad as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qtu8BiGIVA

I thought the Diamonds were good and poor in equal measure last night, we had a good hold on the meeting and let Ippo back in for a point (fair game to them, never give up until the last heat). We kept moving off the line coming out of the fourth and a number of times Ippo riders nipped up the inside and frightened our riders off points (reminiscent of Matty Wethers 21 point max!!!). D King was pretty much as I expected, if he made the gate he won, if not forget it, similar to when he rode for us last year. Steve and Christian were very impressive and they look a good middle order partnership. Our reserves seem to be struggling at the moment and Nielsen seems to have a lack of confidence at home. Good to see Rose trying to solve a few issues after the meeting and Ludvig passing on his words of wisdom. :t:

All in all still a great win and onwards and upwards hopefully for the Diamonds and hoping Kerr will be back to his best again next week.

• Like 2

It did, did you not see the medics stitching it back on in the pits. :shock::D:P

in the pits ???,,,

wudda thought the ambulance might've been more appropriate, but maybe someone was inside having a cheeky nap ;-)

• Like 1

Did you manage to meet up with Baldyman Dave? :t:

Did you manage to meet up with Baldyman Dave? :t:

Yes I did eventually Ian. Enjoyed meeting him and he looked like Shearer, unlike my pic above. :D:P

• Like 1

Yes I did eventually Ian. Enjoyed meeting him and he looked like Shearer, unlike my pic above. :D:P

yeah,,, you look more like Steve Bruce in that picture, Dave ;-)

• Like 1

Baldyman look like Shearer ?? You've met an imposter !

Facially. :D

I don't know who you met, but it wasn't me, although I did meet your wife. So don't know who was pretending to be me

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

I don't know who you met, but it wasn't me, although I did meet your wife. So don't know who was pretending to be me

All these posts and it turns out it wasn't you. Ha Ha.

• Like 2

So did someone say they were me?

Alan Shearer by the sound of it .. :D

• Like 3

So did someone say they were me?

No, he came up and said he had been looking for me. I was told a guy had wanted to speak to me about the training school, and then my wife had said she had told you it was me on the centre green before the meeting started. I obviously thought he was you, and I never asked him his name. We talked about the meeting and riders, but he did say "I didn't come last year' which should have twigged it knowing you had said you were here last year. We talked about youth riders and our mascot's father was standing beside me and we talked with him. He then said he better get back and left. :D:D