British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Glasgow V Sheffield

:rofl::rofl::t::rofl:

Unbelievable the ridiculous statements that get made.

Ridiculous or not it is the opinion he has which he is entitled to as you have your,s.

Ridiculous or not it is the opinion he has which he is entitled to as you have your,s.

So his opinion is the PL is a very low standard?

As that is what is post is implying...

Somehow I don't think that is his opinion though... which renders his post ridiculous.

• Like 1

Special mention to Andre Compton. After his horror crash last season, it would have been understandable if he had called it a day. His form & entertainment value last Thursday & last night was brilliant. Gutted I am laid up with a prolapsed disc, because I was due to go to Owlerton tomorrow, which promises to be a cracking meeting with all the racers in both teams.

• Like 4

:rofl::rofl::t::rofl:

Unbelievable the ridiculous statements that get made.

you'd class james sargeant as an 'elite' rider or a rider who rides in that league because it's weaker than it's title suggests ?

• Like 1

Well I thought I was a decent meeting despite there not being many 'passes'.

I don't get that a race needs to have a pass for it to be any good, I've seen loads of really good races with no passing at all

I agree with you. For me one of the best pieces of riding all night was heat 12 when Summers worked his backside off to protect Konopka for all 4 laps (and missing his lock ups!) No passing but excellent speedway imo

• Like 1

I agree with you. For me one of the best pieces of riding all night was heat 12 when Summers worked his backside off to protect Konopka for all 4 laps (and missing his lock ups!) No passing but excellent speedway imo

Totally agree with that. Very intelligent race from Summers, hard but completely fair.

Yet all the commentators talked about was 'super smoooth' Konopka in the lead! Oblivious to the work Summers was having to do.

you'd class james sargeant as an 'elite' rider or a rider who rides in that league because it's weaker than it's title suggests ?

It's title suggests its the Elite, i.e. the highest standard league in the UK. If you can name me a league in the UK that is of a higher standard, then you would be correct that it's weaker than its name suggests.

7 of the 13 on show are PL riders riding in the EL, which just shows what a poor standard the EL must be

So his opinion is the PL is a very low standard?

As that is what is post is implying...

Somehow I don't think that is his opinion though... which renders his post ridiculous.

Really? I think it would be blatantly obvious to most on here what The Third Man was implying in his post and it wasn't what you tried to suggest it implied.

• Like 1

Really? I think it would be blatantly obvious to most on here what The Third Man was implying in his post and it wasn't what you tried to suggest it implied.

Try following the conversation.

He is replying to SCB refuting the claim that the incorrectly named PL is better.

I'm also not suggesting his post implied anything.. simply stating that if you're denigrating the standard of the EL, you're doing the same to the PL as the standard is lower.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Try following the conversation.

He is replying to SCB refuting the claim that the incorrectly named PL is better.

I did follow the conversation and it is perfectly clear to me what The Third Man is implying. Whether I agree or disagree with that implication in neither here nor there, but his implication was nevertheless perfectly clear.

• Like 1

Bates's comedy show was worth the watch though.

He couldn't help himself - he's from Barnsley! Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd remembered how he took out Konopka on the third bend at Sheffield (Redcar meeting) after the Pole had just executed a superb pass on him. However if he'd walked across and helped Konopka up last night I think the ref would've excluded the Pole. From the TV replays last night Bates was leading (slightly)up to bend (didn't lift) but moved out slightly to take the one racing line there was around the third/fourth bends. Konopka could've avoided the incident by coming off the gas, but decided to go for it. Simple as that.

As for the superb team riding from Summers that followed, all he was doing was the same thing, taking the one wider line around the bends forcing Birks to come off the gas every time.

I did follow the conversation and it is perfectly clear to me what The Third Man is implying. Whether I agree or disagree with that implication in neither here nor there, but his implication was nevertheless perfectly clear.

Correct it was, he was inferring that the Premier league is a VERY poor standard, which is what I said.

Yet he was using said argument to refute the suggestion that the EL is better.

Hence it was ridiculous.. It's quite simple.

• Like 1

Why has Whethers been given granted to ride in UK now but Ty has ridden season so far but can't , stinks to me...BSPA useless.... British/World Superbikes for me in the future, speedway is such an common less sport to me! ta ta

Edited by Hel'n'Back

First chance I've had to watch this SKY match. Great too see Glasgow packed out and what a great jo is being done there. Decent track and racing too.

Why were the SKY graphics saying that the reserve spots were EL draft ones?

The PL has already made it clear it wants to do its own thing. 2 of the riders (Bates and Sarjeant ) qualify but already have an established PL average so are invalid. The other 2 don't even qualify for the FTD.

Always good to see PL action on SKY for a change and Glasgow cone out with plenty of credit.

Why were the SKY graphics saying that the reserve spots were EL draft ones?

The PL has already made it clear it wants to do its own thing. 2 of the riders (Bates and Sarjeant ) qualify but already have an established PL average so are invalid. The other 2 don't even qualify for the FTD.

Always good to see PL action on SKY for a change and Glasgow cone out with plenty of credit.

I think it was just a mistake and they forgot to change the graphics (though I wouldn't rule out laziness) more than anything else.

Correct it was, he was inferring that the Premier league is a VERY poor standard, which is what I said.

Yet he was using said argument to refute the suggestion that the EL is better.

Hence it was ridiculous.. It's quite simple.

No, that isn't what he was inferring, so stop being silly.