British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington 10/5/15 1830

Well, that was a bit of misplaced optimism?

Very disappointing performance, really expected better than that, just as well Ricky was on form or 60+ was there for the taking!! Very poor show from the reserves, thought Barrett would have had a point to prove but, maybe the injury taking a bit longer to get over, who knows, Greaves again not getting going but them aside, Hansen, well short of No1 status, should be doing better, Rene not as good as I'd hoped for an ex P'boro man and an OK job from Kyle but that's nowhere near good enough on the road from us to get any bumholes twitching? :blush:

Must try harder if we're going to get anywhere, only a couple of games in so plenty of opportunity to shake things up and move in the right direction but, would prefer sooner rather than later!! ;)

Well done any road to the Panthers, too strong today and deserving winners!! :t:

Now I didn't want to moan but being as you've mentioned it first. :lol: Why did we see more laps by the tractors than riders and what good did they do? First time I've seen a raker abandon his rake and attempt to kick the piles of shale to one side. I just can't understand all this track grading and it drives me mad. :mad: Apparently there was a Truckfest or something last weekend but there didn't seem to be much of a problem with the track at the start of the match to warrant the continual grading which seemed to make things worse anyway. Hope there were no newcomers to the sport there today.

They had little time after show this weekend to prep the track. Clearly some early concern as the ref and two captains walked the track just before parade with all other riders peering over the fence. Just needed a bit of extra grading to even it out. 1st tractor driver had no idea and track was immediately much better after he was ordered off and Swales took over. It was a tractical substitution. Edited by Noodles
  • Like 6

. It was a tractical substitution.

:D Very good.

Okay fair enough. Must admit so far my Sunday visits have been very enjoyable but excessive track grading during a match is one of my pet hates and it seemed this time there were more laps by the tractors than bikes. :neutral:

:D Very good.

Okay fair enough. Must admit so far my Sunday visits have been very enjoyable but excessive track grading during a match is one of my pet hates and it seemed this time there were more laps by the tractors than bikes. :neutral:

with a 6.30 start and 7 races up to 7.20 it didn't just seem? Any Posh fans attending would have been well impressed. At the ABAX they'd have seen the first half and be waiting for some refreshment, whereas they'd seen 7 mins of action & had to put up with some bloke with a mic waffling away, with or without guests, from some invisible position :neutral:

Edited by Crump99

Why does Lambert get heat 15 every week ? MPT deserved it last night in my opinion.

keep his average down I would have thought

• Like 1

Why does Lambert get heat 15 every week ? MPT deserved it last night in my opinion.

Dont you mean when he rides for Panthers as hes missed so many matches recently

Jesus Christ , what a bloody shambles, well done Peterborough , thank god I didn't make the journey to watch that pish performance , thank god for Kyle and Ricky !!!! Hansen needs a kick up the backside , 4 points for an ex EL rider on a previous track , and don't get me started on the reserves , gona be a short season for Workington if this carries on , Greaves is not ready for PL by a mile and Barrett started promising but gets worse with each meeting . Will Laura and co get a bit of bottle and do someat about it ......more than likely not

Not Good Enough , a KOC match this week , a meaningless Berwick LC bank hol weekend , crowds are gonna be low

Jesus Christ , what a bloody shambles, well done Peterborough , thank god I didn't make the journey to watch that pish performance , thank god for Kyle and Ricky !!!! Hansen needs a kick up the backside , 4 points for an ex EL rider on a previous track , and don't get me started on the reserves , gona be a short season for Workington if this carries on , Greaves is not ready for PL by a mile and Barrett started promising but gets worse with each meeting . Will Laura and co get a bit of bottle and do someat about it ......more than likely not

Not Good Enough , a KOC match this week , a meaningless Berwick LC bank hol weekend , crowds are gonna be low

Otherwise things are tickety boo

I was surprised how poor Hansen was as I was expecting him to do much better than that. I don't know anything about Barrett so can't comment but Nathan Grieves did seem out of his depth at this level and he does tend to fall off in at least one race whenever I've seen him ride.

While I agree with your sentiments,due to Rules,averages ect ,it seems difficult to find riders to fit the Bill.Most Clubs are struggling to make changes IMO .

Well Jamlad you were right nothing is going to happen read to nights News and Star for the excuse he would make a good politician

What changes would you fellas make? There aren't many riders out there are there? It's all well and good saying get rid of Hansen, Bach, Barrett and Greaves but who do you bring in? I agree changes should be made if the right rider becomes available

Sadly all the changes in the lead up to the season left us weaker than we would have been, Lambert and Campton would have been a very good reserve pair compared to most PL sides but that's the way it goes

• Like 1