British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Sun 17th May Pl

Cookie and 2 minutes, Newcastle fans getting desperate here. Sam is a hard rider and ran a hard line, not dirty and definitely legal. He was in the lead and drifted wide to block the outside line, Lindgren had to pull out of the move or cut back.

If this was some kind of illegal block it was nothing compared to when Kerr locked up in front of Max clegg, I see that never appeared in the complaints about the ref.

A great performance from the monarchs with all 7 contributing key points the heat 2 5-1 was key to the win.

• Like 2

He's always bleating about something.

Aye just like you, rather than give any credit to the visiting team when they happen to plunder the points at Brough Park :mad:

Credit to AoF for giving an honest, impartial account of events which corresponded to my own view of the incidents :approve:

Praise to Stevie Worrall who rode immaculately tonight and was by far, the best rider on display.

Based his performances this evening and last Friday at Armadale, he should certainly have been included in the initial GB squad for the WTC.

• Like 2

Didn't think Masters done anything wrong either. Always gonna struggle when operating R/R and then 1 or 2 have an off night.

• Like 1

Not really sure on how the rules work, with regards to leaving enough room,,, Sam was ahead a the time and maybe didn't leave Lindgren any room on the outside, but left him plenty on the inside,,, I don't think there was any contact, so, in the rules, what did he do wrong ???,,, on the other hand, there may have been contact entering bend 1, so if Lindgren had of came down then, there may have been more of a claim,,,

was hoping Newcastle would win, but think heat 2 paved the way for the Monarch's success,,,

wouldn't be pressing the panic button yet,,, covering Anton with r/r should have worked,,, but losing Simon aswell, meant we couldn't afford any 'off nights' from anyone else,,,

and let's be honest, up at Berwick, not many would think Rafal, would've out scored two of the lads that where taking Anton's rides ??? (I'd put him against anyone in a race south down the A1),,, ;-)

Aye just like you, rather than give any credit to the visiting team when they happen to plunder the points at Brough Park :mad:

Credit to AoF for giving an honest, impartial account of events which corresponded to my own view of the incidents :approve:

Praise to Stevie Worrall who rode immaculately tonight and was by far, the best rider on display.

Based his performances this evening and last Friday at Armadale, he should certainly have been included in the initial GB squad for the WTC.

Mr Arrogance strikes again. As AoF also says, 'it's all a matter of opinion'.

Get owa ya sel.

Enjoyed last night despite the scoreline. Some good racing and Newcastle could have won had the real Christian Henry turned up.

Kerr's fall was certainly his own fault. With Lindgren, it did look like Masters squeezed him a bit too hard without actually pushing him off. Seen them given either way and not going to complain too much about it. It's a tough sport and thank goodness for air fences.

• Like 2

Enjoyed last night despite the scoreline. Some good racing and Newcastle could have won had the real Christian Henry turned up.

Kerr's fall was certainly his own fault. With Lindgren, it did look like Masters squeezed him a bit too hard without actually pushing him off. Seen them given either way and not going to complain too much about it. It's a tough sport and thank goodness for air fences.

on the Kerr incident,,, isn't there a claim that Master's took his line also ???

I know we don't talk, or get to see much 'team riding' (apparently),,, but on the odd occasion we do and, we hear about 'how good' he was at blocking every move, could that not be the same as not giving him any room ??? ;-)

• Like 1

Mr Arrogance strikes again. As AoF also says, 'it's all a matter of opinion'.

Get owa ya sel

That's rich coming from the knowall Whitley Bay Windbag :rofl:

I enjoyed the match as always when the Monarchs come a calling to Brough. Good hard match with some good hard racing. I do think the ref spoilt the match with the exclusion of Ludde as I think Masters did not leave him enough racing room and in my opinion was the cause of Ludde hitting the deck. On the point of people saying Masters was in front, does this pic assuming it is the one taken before the incident not prove that it was Ludde just in front going into the corner??? http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100398

I think S Worrall is in outstanding form at the moment (both Elite and Premier) and great to watch and as people have said, if the real Christian Henry had turned up we may have gotten something, the same could be said re: his performance the night before at Berwick. Great to see Rose back in amongst the points and looking like he is getting back to his best around Brough. Think it is shocking that S Worrall has not been called into the GP squad when he is in better form than some of the riders picked.

Congrats to the Monarch on a great meeting and win but think the result might have been different had the ref made the correct call in my opinion, but thats my opinion.

• Like 1

That's rich coming from the knowall Whitley Bay Windbag :rofl:

Better to know all, than f**k all. :D

Now go away and be childish, like in the junior section.

Better to know all, than f**k all. :D

Now go away and be childish, like in the junior section.

Dave, have you been drinking ???,,,

or is this just a clash of personalities :-)

I enjoyed the match as always when the Monarchs come a calling to Brough. Good hard match with some good hard racing. I do think the ref spoilt the match with the exclusion of Ludde as I think Masters did not leave him enough racing room and in my opinion was the cause of Ludde hitting the deck. On the point of people saying Masters was in front, does this pic assuming it is the one taken before the incident not prove that it was Ludde just in front going into the corner??? http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100398

I think S Worrall is in outstanding form at the moment (both Elite and Premier) and great to watch and as people have said, if the real Christian Henry had turned up we may have gotten something, the same could be said re: his performance the night before at Berwick. Great to see Rose back in amongst the points and looking like he is getting back to his best around Brough. Think it is shocking that S Worrall has not been called into the GP squad when he is in better form than some of the riders picked.

Congrats to the Monarch on a great meeting and win but think the result might have been different had the ref made the correct call in my opinion, but thats my opinion.

That's a bit strong, taking in to consideration the ref's performance the other week.

That's a bit strong, taking in to consideration the ref's performance the other week.

spill the beans, wot was the refs performance like the other weak or strong

Not really, the match was close and heading for a really close finish. The Ludde exclusion gave the advantage to the Monarchs and they never looked back. Prior to the exclusion Edinburgh had a 2 point lead, they then gained another 4 after the exclusion which is the amount they won by as the remaining 4 heats were tied 12-12. Therefore, had LL not been excluded I would like to think we may have just pinched the win, but that's just my opinion!! Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

Not really, the match was close and heading for a really close finish. The Ludde exclusion gave the advantage to the Monarchs and they never looked back. Prior to the exclusion Edinburgh had a 2 point lead, they then gained another 4 after the exclusion which is the amount they won by as the remaining 4 heats were tied 12-12. Therefore, had LL not been excluded I would like to think we may have just pinched the win, but that's just my opinion!!

Sadly - we'll never know.