British Speedway Forum
pointsmeanplayoffs

Stars V Wolves - Wed 13 May

I thought the meeting was made by Robert Lambert. Pushed Freddie all the way in his first, then had to muscle his way to the front in each of his next three. Really wanted him to do heat 15 to have another go at Freddie. KB had his gating head on, Rory gave it his all, as you would expect. Lewis after a duffer of a first race came good and should, in my mind, have replaced Porsing in his last outing. On the subject of Porsing how much interest has this lad in riding in the UK, he looked slow all night, we know he a decent rider, but he really has to do better than that. is it equipment or attitude ? As for Ashley, You have to feel sorry for the boy. His confidence must be blown to pieces. I think he needs to be stood down to see if he can get himself together at a lower level. The lad is more than capable of looking after the likes of Josh Bates, but last night he just back off when Bates got near him.

I missed Buster's interview, but saw something in the prog notes about a new Revolutionary engine that was tested at Saddlebow recently. Has anyone got for info on this. Like who is making it ?

Not a great night again for Porsing, but questioning his commitment for riding in the UK is a little odd especially as the young lad has completely re-located himself to the UK?!?

He’s going through a rough patch, but with the majority of the team firing, we are in a fortunate position this early in the season in which we can carry him a bit until he builds his form/confidence back up.

Give him, and Morris some time, we are only in May, we are looking good for the playoffs, let’s hold it steady…..

I missed Buster's interview, but saw something in the prog notes about a new Revolutionary engine that was tested at Saddlebow recently. Has anyone got for info on this. Like who is making it ?

My Saddlebow Road correspondent (aka daughter) tells me that Buster said the new engine would do 20 Meetings/races without needing anything doing to it. That being so it should reduce costs for the riders considerably. That being so expect an announcement from the powers that be in the next few months that it will not be sanctioned for use unless someone in the clique picks up the rights and the branding :shock::mad::wink:

It was tested by Robert Lambert and Kelvin Tatum who was reported as being very impressed with it.

EDITED to add

Just seen on Tatum's twitter that it's a Gerhard GTR if that means anything to anyone.

Edited by Star Lady

Not a great night again for Porsing, but questioning his commitment for riding in the UK is a little odd especially as the young lad has completely re-located himself to the UK?!?
He’s going through a rough patch, but with the majority of the team firing, we are in a fortunate position this early in the season in which we can carry him a bit until he builds his form/confidence back up.
Give him, and Morris some time, we are only in May, we are looking good for the playoffs, let’s hold it steady…..

I would give Porsing time, as we have seen what he can do ( last season), but he does need to up his game. I really think though that Morris needs to be rested. At times he was gating with the others, but was then getting picked off way to easy and ending up tailed off.

Perhaps Nicklas could do with time in our PL? More racing, different tracks, different set ups, more wins, more confidence?

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

I would give Porsing time, as we have seen what he can do ( last season), but he does need to up his game. I really think though that Morris needs to be rested. At times he was gating with the others, but was then getting picked off way to easy and ending up tailed off.

I think Monday away to Wolves should be a indication of how Morris is performing. Riding on a track he likes and knows well, should give a truer picture of where he actually is. Seeing him at Leicester last week , he showed a lot more ability than what he does at Lynn. Probably, he has a problem with the Lynn track.

Whatever the reason, he needs to up his game, especially at home. Looking at the averages in the SS, he is the lowest in the league.......

Porsing's average is too high for the PL isn't it? I understand you have to be less than 6.00 no?

Yes, yes, before anyone says it, he may well be sub-6 av. if his current form continues.

If Lambert is anything to go by, then PL experience does the world of good!

I expect commitments in other countries would rule out the PL for Niklas but it would do him a lot of good IMO. Not sure he is the answer for Sheffield in place of Stead though gate.

If Porsing was to go Premier then surely he would go to the Kings Lynn Res team just down the A47 :wink::D ( wait for it).

It appears Robert isnt riding for Peterborough tonight as he is ill.

Perhaps Nicklas could do with time in our PL? More racing, different tracks, different set ups, more wins, more confidence?

Doesn't he ride in his own domestic league? Seems to me he gets more chances than some young Brits have been given ;)

Thankfully one of them is riding to the top in spite of it lol.

58% I haven't a clue!

Nope, only 27% of Lewis Kerr's rides this season have ended in a heat adv. for the Stars.

And this is after he has won 15 out of his 52 rides.

First half of the meeting was dire, apart from Lambert's dive past Wells. Picked up a lot the more the meeting went on. Perhaps all the very late track prep is to blame for the lack of passing early on.

Wolves should kick themselves for not getting anything against a five man team

First half of the meeting was dire, apart from Lambert's dive past Wells. Picked up a lot the more the meeting went on. Perhaps all the very late track prep is to blame for the lack of passing early on.

I know who should get a kicking ;):icon_smile_clown:

For me, the meeting was only enjoyable when Lambert was on track. Other than that it was pretty much FTG all night yet again.

Surprised Lambert didn't get the nod in heat 15

He wasn't picked for heat 15 as it seems he'd been riding whilst feeling under the weather last night. His mum posted something on the PPSSC group on Facebook about his absence for Panthers today at Sheffield and it seems that's all connected. Passed out after his 4th ride. That's what's been said.

wolves were a 5 man team themselves last night as well