British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swc Match 2 Kings Lynn Monday June 8th

At least Scotty races in this country,more than can be said of" Mr I'm too tired to race here, but I have enough energy to do charity bike rides" He could always make a donation to charity like the rest of us do.

Jesus Christ it was a bit of a poke at what he said last year but you Tai Woffinden haters will never forgive a world class rider trying to achieve more world titles at the expenses of some tin pot league in a 3rd world speedway backwater.

If I was Tai I would not bother but thankfully I am not so hopefully he leads the lads to victory tonight :)

• Like 2

Cmon GB. Straight to the final will be a great result!

• Like 2

Top riders tonight so we should get top racing.

A GB win would be super - we need some good news after the recent debacles.

At least Scotty races in this country,more than can be said of" Mr I'm too tired to race here, but I have enough energy to do charity bike rides" He could always make a donation to charity like the rest of us do.

You do realise that the bike ride does raise a significant amount of money for charity? Great Ormond street Childrens Hospital last year, raising more money than you or could probably ever do with one event, giving more time than you or I probably do. That's a very generous donation if you ask me. Not sure how that is deemed a bad thing in your world, regardless of who he is and how do you know he doesn't donate some of his own money anyway?

Not the best choice of reasons to have a dig, but then, hey, why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck to the boys tonight... I'm really nervous :oops:

• Like 6

Cmon GB. Straight to the final will be a great result!

Top riders tonight so we should get top racing.

A GB win would be super - we need some good news after the recent debacles.

Hope we can get straight through as would not want to meet Poland with 4 riders on thurs.

• Like 2

the BSPA are a fecking joke!! :mad:

I've said before and I'll say it again. We are the only nation in speedway that offers no help to its own riders. In fact, we seem to do exactly the opposite.

I've said before and I'll say it again. We are the only nation in speedway that offers no help to its own riders. In fact, we seem to do exactly the opposite.

On the contrary I'd say that Denmark and Poland are the only one that does.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to tonight you know. I'm sure the crowd will be behind Team GB you know.

You know it's going to be a tough meeting for the boys you know.

But I'm confident that, you know, we'll have enough to see us through.

The last thing we need is to have to go through to the race off you know.

I've got everything crossed for Rosco and the boys...you know.

You do realise that the bike ride does raise a significant amount of money for charity? Great Ormond street Childrens Hospital last year, raising more money than you or could probably ever do with one event, giving more time than you or I probably do. That's a very generous donation if you ask me. Not sure how that is deemed a bad thing in your world, regardless of who he is and how do you know he doesn't donate some of his own money anyway?

Not the best choice of reasons to have a dig, but then, hey, why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck to the boys tonight... I'm really nervous :oops:

I was not saying that charity is a bad thing, merely that for someone who purports to not have the energy to ride in this country, but can complete a gruelling bike ride it's a strange thing to do. Would this be something that would be good for publicity?

i used to support Tai,and was in Torun when he won his world title,but recent events have caused me to alter my opinion. I am entitled to an opinion.

Why doesn't he just say that the money is not enough in England for him and be honest about it?

Edited by godmother

I can't for the life of me understand why Lambert STILL not got a wild card ??

because he wouldnt dance to their tune over the past few years probably.... The thing is, they are faceless... And hardly ever explain a decision, hardly ever conduct open draws or tell the public why or how teams or people have qualified for pairs/4s etc... We just get informed of decisions, its more secretive than the bloody masons!!
  • Like 2

I was not saying that charity is a bad thing, merely that for someone who purports to not have the energy to ride in this country, but can complete a gruelling bike ride it's a strange thing to do. Would this be something that would be good for publicity?

i used to support Tai,and was in Torun when he won his world title,but recent events have caused me to alter my opinion. I am entitled to an opinion.

So what if it's good for publicity, if it's publicity for him, it's publicity for the sport. Of course you are entitled to an opinion, Tai is also entitled to do what's right for him and where he works. As far as I'm aware, it's the schedule and the different race nights that are the issue.

So what if it's good for publicity, if it's publicity for him, it's publicity for the sport. Of course you are entitled to an opinion, Tai is also entitled to do what's right for him and where he works. As far as I'm aware, it's the schedule and the different race nights that are the issue.

Of course he should do what's right for him,but perhaps he should consider doing something else for a living if he can't manage the schedule like lots of others do.It's about money.

Has there been a start yet where all 4 riders sat still!