British Speedway Forum
Django

Redcar V Workington Pl 7:30pm

Is Ole Olsen doing track prep at Redcar now ?

Is Ole Olsen doing track prep at Redcar now ?

close.... Olly Hardy!!

Well Brian thats another fine mess you got it into hm hm!!

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Can someone just clarify why the meeting was called off?

"Track conditions"

Shame, and we were winning as well?? :cry:

Not going to look good on Redcar, dry conditions and still couldn't get the track right to race on, dont understand this excuse, "track conditions" what were the conditions, too much dirt, over watered, ruts, too grippy, just plain dangerous, what??

Judging by some of the comments here, I dont think Comets will want this match replayed anytime soon, if Redcar do go under before the season's out then the pts we get, if any, would be expunged, could be a wait and see moment this but a sad day for Redcar if it ever happens!! :sad:

Speedway as a whole again suffers and the paying public ripped off again.......shambling!!!!!!!!

having a look at previous meeting times for 4 laps held at Redcar this year. there is no big difference in racing times recorded at last nights meeting. they are still within 1 second of normal racing time and some are quicker than previous lap times. but riders safety is the most important thing. brain haveagonot should hand his promoters licence over and give it to some one who could breath life back into Redcar speedway. what about Pearson and Tatum ? they talk the talk naa , better not. sorry for travelling fans and home supporters , nothing said on the pa and little response from the guy that matters..

• Like 1

brain haveagonot should hand his promoters licence over and give it to some one who could breath life back into Redcar speedway. what about Pearson and Tatum ? they talk the talk naa , better not. sorry for travelling fans and home supporters , nothing said on the pa and little response from the guy that matters..

Jeez, Jenga! You almost gave me a heart attack then! I misread your suggestion of Tatum (as in Kelvin) as being Tattum (as in Dave)! And the last person you would want promoting your local speedway club is Tattum! - Ask almost anyone who is unfortunate enough to have Stoke as their local track! :lol:

What a shambles.

Track was obviously substandard before the meeting started and the 4 heats that took place confirmed it.

The crowd knew that the meeting would never go 15 heats and its anyone's guess how many more supporters we have lost because of this latest debacle.

I seriously wonder if we'll even see the season out.

It's so disappointing because things could be so much better but it'll take more than cosmetic surgery to fix these problems.

I didn't even win the 50/50 draw!

At least there's no meeting next week.....up to now!

Do you know what number did win the 50/50? If I've won I'd like to get my money before the Receivers do :D

• Like 3

Thought I would wait until today before I posted once I'd calmed down a bit. As soon as we arrived we knew something was very a miss with the ploughing field. A 1930's tractor and trailer going round with a little man turning some wheels that were doing bugger all !!!!!

Feel sorry for the Redcar fans having to endure that every week it was shambolic to say the least , a call off after heat 4 without an apology from the promotion for their fans and the travelling fans .

I really do think we would have taken the points on offer last night which pains me even more. By the sounds on things on here a very sad day for Redcar Speedway :o

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1

I await 'Whiteliner's comments with interest.

• Like 1

Ashamed is not the word, I really felt sorry for the travelling Workington fans having to endure that.

This has to lie solely on the promotions shoulders and to say over the tannoy a PARTIAL refund on the next meeting is totally out of order.

44 years a fan of Teesside/Middlesbrough/Redcar and that has to be the biggest shambles I've ever witnessed.

Fans are not turning up in their droves because of this promotion.

• Like 5