British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces -v Poole "cheats" Pirates

Yeah remember the fake burst water main stunt Belle Vue pulled when Poole were due to ride there...............it was because that meeting was cancelled that the re run was a fiasco................don't think Poole can be blamed for either incident.....................

RP

And Belle Vue were rightly punished, unlike the many tricks Ford has pulled and got away with

• Like 3

As much as don't like some of the 'strokes' our promoter pulls year on year, has he actually broken any rules?. Matt Ford is the absolute master at stretching rules and using them to his advantage

Just clarity was needed, if Janowski was fit to ride in Poland (he was) and then said he couldn't ride in the EL the next day (he did) then he is effectively witholding his services, Poole get a guest and he takes a 28 day ban as the rules state for everyone.

It was a guest and 28 day ban OR PL guest up to 6 points.

Anything else is just cheating not 'stretching any rule'.

The rain off has saved the day but I hope this matter is looked into however.

• Like 2

There is a god.

It's rained off :approve::lol::D:wink:

Yes, Matt has a direct line.

• Like 1

So now confirmed that Janowski isn't riding and it's harris that guests.

If this blatant cheating isn't enough to make us whoop your arses I don't know what is.

This sums up what's wrong with social media. The fact that you can create a new topic and get away with using the word cheat in the title.

Now that the meeting has been rained off there wont be 20 pages of slagging off Poole

This sums up what's wrong with social media. The fact that you can create a new topic and get away with using the word cheat in the title.

Now that the meeting has been rained off there wont be 20 pages of slagging off Poole

As there should be for trying to cheat AGAIN!!

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with social media. The problem lies with Poole. If they don't want to get called cheats and people to slag them off then they shouldn't bend the rules, Simple!

Nothing to do with Poole if Janowski has a sick note and refuses to ride.

If a doctor has ruled him unfit to ride then there is nothing anybody can do about it.

A doctors note would have meant he couldn't ride Sunday either.

Think this is more to do with Poole knowing how badly Janowski rides at Belle Vue and knowing they still have a lot of work to do if they are going to increase his average enough to swap him for Ward. Luckily it backfired.

• Like 1

Arya, on 18 May 2015 - 6:43 PM, said:

Nothing to do with Poole if Janowski has a sick note and refuses to ride.

If a doctor has ruled him unfit to ride then there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Did Poole book Harris BEFORE Janowski had a sick note and refused to ride.???

• Like 1

If he was given a doctors note covering, for example, 7 days, and he chose to ride for the first 3 days, the sick note would still be valid for the remaining 4 days.

Personally, I don't think Ward will be coming back to Poole this season. If we are assuming the worst in Poole then I think it would be far more likey Ward would be sent elsewhere to bring his average down a little for next season!

That's not how a sick note works. If a doctor says you are unfit to race/work due to sickness then you can't just say I will race this day but not this one.

Why does that matter? Matt Ford said in the local paper a few days before the GP that he thought Magic might be out for some time so he probably booked Harris assuming Magic wouldn't be back in time, which is what any other team would do.

If Magic has a sick note it's really up to him when and where he want's to ride, although it does leave us Poole fans feeling a little let down.

I may be wrong, but I believe that actually you can. I think a fit note is more an advisory and if you feel you can work then you can, but if you work and feel you cannot carry on then you are still covered by the fit note. I am pretty sure that is correct?

Not with a sick note. I recently had one for 7days and if I wanted to return to work earlier I needed to be signed back on by the doctor. However I couldn't be off work Mon, go in tue, then be off Wed as if able to go it then no need to be off.

It's the same when a rider has concussion.

If Janowski is well enough to ride in Poland then he's well enough to ride in uk

• Like 6

While promotors and Team Managers like Ford and Middleditch defend and condone such actions riders will keep pulling stunts like this. They can't see it's taking the p115 out of the paying public. They must be some right mug punters in Dorset

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Bearing in mind Van Stratten is on the BSPA MC and he was also looking to book Bomber, why didn't he overrule Poole if its bending/breaking a rule?!

In other news Zagar has just been dropped by his Polish club. Could be a good thing for the Aces.

• Like 2

In other news Zagar has just been dropped by his Polish club. Could be a good thing for the Aces.

And KK. But it's only for one Match this weekend.

Hoping it allows cookie is competitive debut in Poland

• Like 1