British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Wimbledon Bank Holiday Mon 18 Th 6-30 Pm

12 pm and rain is coming down here in essex.. no cancellation yet and its due to dry up later so fingers crossed... if it is off i hope they make a decision sooner than later

It better not be a bank holiday.......I'm at work :(

Barely had a drop in kent,, (20 mins from Sittingbourne) couple showers about 10am, it is forecast though

Been pissing down in ashford all day, but as been said due to dry up later. Forecast suggests bright in sittingbourne from 3 onwards.

NO its not bank holiday my mistake 3PM AND IT LOOKS LIKELY THE MEETING WILL GO AHEAD ...

At my age my few remaining brain cells don't work too well, but when did Wimbledon resurrect and where do they race their home meetings?. Have they done a Wimbledon FC and decamped to Milton Keynes, or have they reopened the great Plough Lane stadium?. I used to love going there 40-50 years ago (****, is it that long ago?).

At my age my few remaining brain cells don't work too well, but when did Wimbledon resurrect and where do they race their home meetings?. Have they done a Wimbledon FC and decamped to Milton Keynes, or have they reopened the great Plough Lane stadium?. I used to love going there 40-50 years ago (****, is it that long ago?).

p.s.

Tongue-in-cheek :t:

On paper a nothing meeting, but in fact some excellent races,all be it two riders battling at the front some way in front of the two riders battling at the back most of the time ..Some great passes from Ben Morley 12 point max and in forgoing heat 15, giving James Shanes 12+1 from 5 rides, who also made some exciting passes and Danny Ayres 13 from 5 rides the opportunity to max out in the final heat.., This meeting also gave the lower order riders a chance to shine and all three had their moments which can only be good for their confidence. Aaron Baseby was unlucky and was worth more than his 5 points .The improvement in the lower order is not rapid but it is happening .Good efforts from Daryl Richings and Arron Mogridge who is improving fast, for Wimbledon, But Daniel Halsey has yet to hit the form he is capable of so far this season...The track had some fresh shale added this week resulting in improved racing and congratulations are due to Jamie Rutter for the hours he puts in on the track he is a diamond for the promotion an unsung hero in fact ... The crowd was a bit down on normal, but is to be expected being a challenge match... result Kent57 Dons 35

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Just wondering whats happened to the Whistle Gang ,, Gustix and one or two others on here ? Anyone know anything

Just wondering whats happened to the Whistle Gang ,, Gustix and one or two others on here ? Anyone know anything

I know gustix was moaning about you listing the thread "Bank holiday Monday 18" Not a bank holiday and which month do you mean etc,so he is still around and still the same :lol:

I am never going to live this bank holiday monday gaff down am i ..Hello Gustix where are you ?

It's an easy mistake to make everytime there's a Bank Holiday it takes me about a week to adjust to what day of the week it is. Though next one shod be ok as working so double bubble plus a BH payment and a day off in lieu to keep me on the straight and narrow

Was very good meeting and the track looked very good too the extra shale worked a treat with some fast times and plenty of overtaking.

Really wish the averages would have fitted yo have Chris Widman in our side. Really enjoyenjoy watching him ride and his enthusiasm.

• Like 2