British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tiger's 25th May

I think some Weegie fans have been believing their own hype. I said after seeing them at the start of the season that they looked better on paper than they did on track.

Something mustn't be right with Kozza 'cos he certainly is so much better than what he has been showing so far.. either that or Glasgow just isn't suiting him at all :-/

Said that in an earlier post to be fair it wasn't us that were hyping them up it was mainly other teams fan's but it is a real wake up call and we are not as good as some would have you believe but if Kozza was hitting the form that we all know he is capable off then we would not be debating this right now sadly for us and him he has flattered to decieve so far this season.

Chill guys its only 1 match

True, but the signs have been there for a few meetings now.

We seem to start well, then somewhere in the middle of meetings something goes array.

Concentration?

I don't know, but needs fixing!

We need to start killing meetings off!

Though I think we do Newcastle a dis-service debating our frailities , they must have ridden their socks off tonight to pull that meeting out of the fire considering they were so understrength .

• Like 1

Though I think we do Newcastle a dis-service debating our frailities , they must have ridden their socks off tonight to pull that meeting out of the fire considering they were so understrength .

No dis-service they have to be congratulated on pulling this one out the bag as i have done but what George is saying is correct we really should have killed that off against a depleted team if we are to be regarded as contenders.

Any off the other contenders would have hammered home there advantage whilst we seemed to have allowed the advantage to fall from our grasp and it needs addressing.

We seem to start well, then somewhere in the middle of meetings something goes array.

Concentration?

i think you's are too soft george, alot of trappers in that Glasgow team and tonight there wasnt much fight when not out in front... A few other teams would have mullered us tonight, as barring the odd heat team riding etc we didnt do anything too spectacular apart from getting out the gate.
  • Like 2

No dis-service they have to be congratulated on pulling this one out the bag as i have done but what George is saying is correct we really should have killed that off against a depleted team if we are to be regarded as contenders.

Any off the other contenders would have hammered home there advantage whilst we seemed to have allowed the advantage to fall from our grasp and it needs addressing.

We're still building . We're usually rubbish remember . We still came out of an away meeting with a point .

i think you's are too soft george, alot of trappers in that Glasgow team and tonight there wasnt much fight when not out in front... A few other teams would have mullered us tonight, as barring the odd heat team riding etc we didnt do anything too spectacularte apart from getting out the gate.

Something we have not always been consistent at doing so I will settle for that. Nearly gave tonight a miss and very glad I was there to see such a good fight back. It seems adversity brings out the best in our lads.

Concentration?

Summers & lawson a tad to reliant on their gating?

Bit like the majority of riders these days

i think you's are too soft george, alot of trappers in that Glasgow team and tonight there wasnt much fight when not out in front... A few other teams would have mullered us tonight, as barring the odd heat team riding etc we didnt do anything too spectacular apart from getting out the gate.

Just made me feel worse.

One thing I hoped this team had was spirit and a will to win.

• Like 1

Just made me feel worse.

One thing I hoped this team had was spirit and a will to win.

We lost a meeting that we probably should have won . It happens , we move on

Lawson looked much better yesterday after sorting out his early season mechanical gremlins. Know what you mean, but he has been successful in getting past others both inside and outside line at Ashfield this season. Aaron, not sure TBH not really noticed anything of concern so far.

Remember thinking yesterday when James Sarjeant overtook an opponent that even he was doing it. Short lived maybe?

We lost a meeting that we probably should have won . It happens , we move on

Hopefully onwards and upwards!

Lawson looked much better yesterday after sorting out his early season mechanical gremlins. Know what you mean, but he has been successful in getting past others both inside and outside line at Ashfield this season. Aaron, not sure TBH not really noticed anything of concern so far.

Remember thinking yesterday when James Sarjeant overtook an opponent that even he was doing it. Short lived maybe?

Hopefully onwards and upwards!

James' absence was the thing that probably lost us the meeting tonight . Clegg did ok , but James is improving week by week
  • Like 3

Just read Aaron's post match comments on the official site sounds like he is feeling as bad about tonight as we were after heat 15 need to get the reassuring arm round Kozza and try and gee him up pretty sure he will not be feeling that great about the way he has started the season either.

They seem a close knit group and they will all know they missed an opportunity tonight and i am sure they will help him through it.

• Like 2