British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Sheffield (plkoc-2nd Leg) 22/5/15 @7.30pm

don't see how people are comparing this to the Hall/auty incident Hall kicked an injured rider lying on the ground? Sam ran into the side of Bjerre after they finished the race and they both slid off. Seen it happen plenty of times. A wee bit of handbags between two riders big deal seen a lot worse. It's speedway get on with it.

It was anything but handbags, Masters knocked Bjerre off after the race then went over to him and started pounding on him, while Bjerre was laid out on the track. Disgraceful behaviour by Masters
  • Like 5

I no what would have happened if the boot was on the other foot. Lasse would have been given his marching orders.

• Like 3

Going against my fellow Monarchs here but feel strongly about this type on incident. Masters actions should have caused him to been thrown out meeting. Ok Bjerre stuffed him earlier in the race (iv seen much much worse), his reaction after the race to take him out then run over to him and throw couple punches on a guy who was sitting on track was mad then he had to get dragged away from him before finally composing himself.

While I admit my view wasn't the best (3rd bend) it looked quite clear what happened. Iv seen handbags which tend to be a couple shoves and mouthing off but if you strike another rider then you should be thrown out of the meeting no matter who you are. Also add the ref would have had a very clear view (if he was watching??)

Now to contradict myself. This incident did create a great atmosphere and well done to the travelling Tigers who were very vocal every time Masters came out but equally matched by Monarchs fans.

It made the meeting feel more than a formality and added something else to what could have been a boring meeting. Well done on Cookies max which was slightly overshadowed and some good racing from everyone else. Garrity was very impressive and has a great style but there was little back up (Worrall and Bjerre throwing in couple good races)

• Like 6

Baby bjerre passed Sam on 3rd bend, hard but fair. He must have been upset by this and almost caught him up by the line. He roared up inside passing the line too fast and caught bjerre as he slowed thus both hit the shale. Bad enough but he then lost it and seemed initially to bend over and remonstrate with bjerre was lay under his bike. To then start swinging was outrageous and he was restrained.

Maximum fine definitely and if he avoids a ban he will be fortunate.

• Like 4

I see the old Harkess, BSPA classics are out now. :rofl:

All true that's why.

If the guy can't take a bit of hard riding and has to lash out then I'd suggest he has a problem he needs to get sorted. Poor behaviour.

• Like 1

Going against my fellow Monarchs here but feel strongly about this type on incident. Masters actions should have caused him to been thrown out meeting. Ok Bjerre stuffed him earlier in the race (iv seen much much worse), his reaction after the race to take him out then run over to him and throw couple punches on a guy who was sitting on track was mad then he had to get dragged away from him before finally composing himself.

While I admit my view wasn't the best (3rd bend) it looked quite clear what happened. Iv seen handbags which tend to be a couple shoves and mouthing off but if you strike another rider then you should be thrown out of the meeting no matter who you are. Also add the ref would have had a very clear view (if he was watching??)

Now to contradict myself. This incident did create a great atmosphere and well done to the travelling Tigers who were very vocal every time Masters came out but equally matched by Monarchs fans.

It made the meeting feel more than a formality and added something else to what could have been a boring meeting. Well done on Cookies max which was slightly overshadowed and some good racing from everyone else. Garrity was very impressive and has a great style but there was little back up (Worrall and Bjerre throwing in couple good races)

Excellent post !!!
  • Like 1

lol I'm sure the BSPA will act swiftly

Really , have you seen who his boss is !!!! ....pass a brush while its swept under the carpet

• Like 3

Baby bjerre passed Sam on 3rd bend, hard but fair. He must have been upset by this and almost caught him up by the line. He roared up inside passing the line too fast and caught bjerre as he slowed thus both hit the shale. Bad enough but he then lost it and seemed initially to bend over and remonstrate with bjerre was lay under his bike. To then start swinging was outrageous and he was restrained.

Maximum fine definitely and if he avoids a ban he will be fortunate.

Bjerre wasn't stuck under his bike at all his bike was at the side of him he was sitting leaning against the air fence when Sam went over and kneeled down beside him lost it and punched him. I'm not defending Sam as what he did was wrong but to get thrown out a meeting for a punch and then a wee grapple is just ridiculous.

Some people seem to forget what happened last year when a certain Mr Garrity hit Sneddon across the head with his helmet last season and what happened to him a fine.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Really , have you seen who his boss is !!!! ....pass a brush while its swept under the carpet

Hence the initial ironic post