British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V King's Lynn 25th May 2015

He was involved in a biog crash this afternoon that saw the ambulance come out on track - although he id continue in the meeting.

No Rory and Kenneth has turned what should have been a great meeting into a a bit of a non-meeting now :(

Coventry rode in the same fixture against King's Lynn last season with only 5 riders (only one reserve as KL disputed him riding) and they still won so not impossible for Stars to get something but definetly been made a lot harder. Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

It's not been official confirmed anywhere that Bjerre isn't riding yet, just that he's hurt his hand.

Coventry rode in the same fixture against King's Lynn last season with only 5 riders (only one reserve as KL disputed him riding) and they still won so not impossible for Stars to get something but definetly been made a lot harder.

I have seen the photo of KB hand on Facebook! If I were Lynn don't think I would be too impressed at his absence.

I have seen the photo of KB hand on Facebook! If I were Lynn don't think I would be too impressed at his absence.

It has been officially confirmed be that he's not riding. I agree that it doesn't look too bad to look at it, however could still be in a lot of pain and bruising wouldn't come out fully till the morning.

Looks like his left hand too so i doubt he would even be able to use the clutch once the bruising comes out

Coventry rode in the same fixture against King's Lynn last season with only 5 riders (only one reserve as KL disputed him riding) and they still won so not impossible for Stars to get something but definetly been made a lot harder.

Yeah, I remember the meeting well. The dispute was because, Coventry tried to used an illegible rider, but you still had your top guns that day, and remember correctly, Bomber was on fire, but we got hammered. Today is totally different, You knew of Bomber's absence before hand and booked an adequate replacement in Scotty, we're struggling to name a team having had 4 injuries in the past week. As far as a competitive match is concerned this fixture is a dead duck. We cant even use riders from our youngster because they're riding as well.... I'm still planning to make the trip, but no doubt the numbers will be down for this one sided spectacle match, which is a shame bearing mind we're first and second in the league.

Footnote: When we have a situation where our leagues are struggling through the shortest of top riders, causing too many of them riders doing both leagues, to arrange eight matches on the same day is FOOLHARDY. We haven't the numbers to compile 16 teams on the same day. There was always going to be problems There isn't enough replacements when the problems inevitably arise. .

Edited by GRW123

Illegible - I suggest someone should write better then so others can read it :wink:

I think you meant ineligible :wink:

Can't believe this comment.I have not seen the photo but I am assuming there is no cuts and bruises etc.Do you need to have these to have a problem?the answer is no.I remember breaking my fingers a few years ago and guess what I had no signs what so ever apart from a great deal of pain.

• Like 2

Bjerre is never very good at Brandon so RR would possibly score more than he would of esp with NKI & Lambert.

However Schlein is a big miss as very strong at Coventry. Roynon should score well at reserve on his home track and in good form.

Depending on what guest they get, King's Lynn could still get something from this. A lot also depends on if Hans has got his problem sorted.

Edited by mdmc82

Apart from his 20 points in 2011? ;)

Thoughts obviously with Roo but hopefully the boys can put in a good performance for him.

Apart from his 20 points in 2011? ;)

Thoughts obviously with Roo but hopefully the boys can put in a good performance for him.

The fact you had to go all the way back to 2011 to find a good score from him at Brandon kind of proves my point.

More recent scores include 8pts from 5 rides, 3 from 4 rides, 2pts from 5 rides

Schlein on the other hand has been brilliant at Brandon

Edited by mdmc82

Seems a bit of a downer to race tonight's meeting with the health of Rory still unknown. I hope there is a tribute made for him and I really hope it's not as bad as feared. He may have his differences with Coventry but he is a top guy and has done a lot for British speedway.

I hope all riders have a safe meeting tonight and enjoy the match for Rory.

• Like 1

Bjerre is never very good at Brandon so RR would possibly score more than he would of esp with NKI & Lambert.

However Schlein is a big miss as very strong at Coventry. Roynon should score well at reserve on his home track and in good form.

Depending on what guest they get, King's Lynn could still get something from this. A lot also depends on if Hans has got his problem sorted.

His 17 points in Poland yesterday didn't seem to cause him any problems.

• Like 1

Seems a bit of a downer to race tonight's meeting with the health of Rory still unknown. I hope there is a tribute made for him and I really hope it's not as bad as feared. He may have his differences with Coventry but he is a top guy and has done a lot for British speedway.

I hope all riders have a safe meeting tonight and enjoy the match for Rory.

His brother has said the operation which is good news. Let's hope he has a speedy recovery & we see him back soon.

Michael Palm Toft will ride in place of Schlein tonight with rider replacement being operated at number five.

Christ almighty, gonna be a cricket score.

Don't think Bjerre's performances really depend on the track, it's more about his confidence at the time and how well he is gating.