British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Rye House V Coventry 23/5/15

An historic occasion at the launch pad tonight. The first ever visit to hoddesdon by a coventry side in a league match. I have seen the bees at rye once before, in a four team tournament way back in 1980. It seems like a lifetime ago!

• Like 1

Quite fancy this

Should be a close match tonight, Rye using R/R for Priest tonight strengthens them Branford also being able to take a ride.

Greenwood should go well for Coventry and also Crang who got vital experience last week riding at No1 for Workington. Much will depend on the Rye reserves, hope they can stay on their bikes for all 4 laps.

• Like 2

1980 Oh yes I was there too.

Bruce Penhall 12 point max, Rye were second and Ole Olsen 4.

Rye House 44 - Coventry Storm 45

Branford 14+1

RR

Hughes 11+1

Woods 2

Chessell 11+1

Hume 4

Bowtell 2+1

Hunter DNR

Crang 7

Knuckey 0

Ritchings 8

Shuttleworth 6+1

Greenwood 15

Walker 3+1

Dwyer 6+1

Should be a close match tonight, Rye using R/R for Priest tonight strengthens them Branford also being able to take a ride.

Greenwood should go well for Coventry and also Crang who got vital experience last week riding at No1 for Workington. Much will depend on the Rye reserves, hope they can stay on their bikes for all 4 laps.

Reserves threw away some points again but i thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Pity the crowd wasn't bigger to see the a very close fought match. Well done to both sides.

Sounds like it was a very close meeting. Congratulations to Coventry Storm on the win. A great maximum for Dan Greenwood.

I'm looking forward to the return leg

Reserves threw away some points again but i thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Pity the crowd wasn't bigger to see the a very close fought match. Well done to both sides.

Sounds like another good meeting by the updates, pity more people aren't turning up and it will put NL racing in doubt which would be a shame as riders like Greenwood are benefitting from it hugely.Robs heat one time was faster than any of the previous PL meeting times do he's benefitting as we'll.

Junior

Sounds like another good meeting by the updates, pity more people aren't turning up and it will put NL racing in doubt which would be a shame as riders like Greenwood are benefitting from it hugely.Robs heat one time was faster than any of the previous PL meeting times do he's benefitting as we'll.

Confused by last comment, thought time was announced as 66.4 for Heat 1, updates say 56.4.

Rob did shut off very early on the run in to the line .

Junior

• Like 1

I know these lads have to learn, but both need to relax a little bit and maybe they will stay on there bikes more.

Confused by last comment, thought time was announced as 66.4 for Heat 1, updates say 56.4.

Rob did shut off very early on the run in to the line .

Junior

Like I said going purely on updates because I wasn't there , but 66.4 he would have had to roll around the last lap.Shutting off early doesn't always drop the race time much either.

Junior

Like I said going purely on updates because I wasn't there , but 66.4 he would have had to roll around the last lap.Shutting off early doesn't always drop the race time much either.

Junior

This is why I never bother with heat times. Was nowhere near 66 seconds and definitely not close to 56.

Does anyone really believe Ashley Morris broke the Plymouth track record a couple of weeks ago?

Edited by Shads

This is why I never bother with heat times. Was nowhere near 66 seconds and definitely not close to 56.

Does anyone really believe Ashley Morris broke the Plymouth track record a couple of weeks ago?

Supposedly breaks the track record, then gets released by the club!!!!

I never believed that Wayne Barrett broke the Wimbledon CL track record back in 2002. The quality riders that rode at plough lane during that period never got near it!

I never believed that Wayne Barrett broke the Wimbledon CL track record back in 2002. The quality riders that rode at plough lane during that period never got near it!

I remember Luke Bowen beating Chris Holder at Hoddesdon in a time of 55 seconds (supposedly). He's never been close since

Edited by Shads