British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Harris' was a 'professionally written statement' ??

Hancock's humdinger of a few weeks back set the bar very low. I know.

Cringeworthy, just didn't come close.

But if this one is what now passes for 'professional'.

I'd want my money back.

Well at least Chris Harris has issued a Statement - whatever you think about it.

I'm still waiting for somebody else to issue his????? :shock: :shock: :blink:

• Like 3

Reading between the lines here I would say that Harris used the GTR engine and then asked for money to continue using it.....I would be extremely surprised if that wasn't the case.....Philip Rising knows that and continues to know that but has tactfully said that IF that wasn't the case then he'll apologise to Harris..

My guess is that no apology will be forthcoming because both sides know the facts here.....maybe an apology for divulging facts on a forum but not an apology regarding the truthfulness of those facts.

However, Harris would have been perfectly within his rights to ask for payment anyway , being basically a test rider at top level...and I'm sure that he did.

• Like 1

Harris' was a 'professionally written statement' ??

Hancock's humdinger of a few weeks back set the bar very low. I know.

Cringeworthy, just didn't come close.

But if this one is what now passes for 'professional'.

I'd want my money back.

Point being Bomber didnt not do that statement himself!

listen to the tapes up show on coventry and warkshire monday night

chris said himself gerhards motors werent ready ,

he also said BAR had a new engine he was testing out and it went well so why change?

up to chris what engines he rides - i think there are more important issues for stories for the speedway comic than this non story

what about the farcical rain affected sky fixture at coventry hearing today,

he also said BAR had a new engine he was testing out and it went well so why change?

up to chris what engines he rides - i think there are more important issues for stories for the speedway comic than this non story

So we know the outcome yet?

Just out of interest, Bomber was using the Gerhard engine again last night at Brandon. As was PK.

What is a "BAR" engine?? Or is it a GM or JRM and tuned/nodded by "BAR"??

Just out of interest, Bomber was using the Gerhard engine again last night at Brandon. As was PK.

Well thats strange considering the statement made by Philip Rising...

• Like 1

I know these engines are only in prototype stage and are being tested but as they've been used a few times now is it time to start picking holes.

For me it is and the most obvious point to pick out coincides with Bomber's statement. He had said that one of the reasons for not using the engine is it wasn't set to his riding style.

1. I was under the impression these will be 'Off The Shelf' engines?

2. Isn't that called tuning, something I thought the engine was designed to get away from?

Well thats strange considering the statement made by Philip Rising...

I have no doubt that Phil Rising has much better information sources than the average speedway fan, so I wouldn't discount the fact that something has gone on between Bomber and Gerhard myself.

In true speedway style it will probably all be swept under the carpet in order to protect the reputations of all concerned. :D

• Like 1

What is a "BAR" engine?? Or is it a GM or JRM and tuned/nodded by "BAR"??

Brian Andersen Racing

I know these engines are only in prototype stage and are being tested but as they've been used a few times now is it time to start picking holes.

For me it is and the most obvious point to pick out coincides with Bomber's statement. He had said that one of the reasons for not using the engine is it wasn't set to his riding style.

2. Isn't that called tuning, something I thought the engine was designed to get away from?

A very interesting Thread.

I totally agree with you screamer, that is the way I understood it too.

Have we missed something?

Gerhard's plan is to produce a competitive engine that needs a lot less servicing. Once they're on sale that doesn't stop tuners convincing their riders that they still need to throw lots of cash at them.

If it was to be an engine that didnt need tuning that would mean it was already tuned as high as it can go.

Thats not what I understod about the engine.

I understood the same as Alan_Jones, it was an engine that needs less servicing ie it would be good for 20 hours racing before major work.