British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Well done! Still not a tenner though and I'd be a bit wary of whether they are genuine.

I read all the technical bumph on them , the final number 10 is the heat range . not really necessary for a cool running methanol engine , that's why Joe has the cheaper options listed , 10 looks like a bit of overkill as well s overprice

I read all the technical bumph on them , the final number 10 is the heat range . not really necessary for a cool running methanol engine , that's why Joe has the cheaper options listed , 10 looks like a bit of overkill as well s overprice

GTR stock them and most tuners do, so there must be good reason for that and the cheaper option isn't actually the product we were discussing.

• Like 1

As all Riders will now have their 2017 engines sorted, has anyone any feedback on the uptake of the new engine deal.

A great number of riders will still be running older engines.

I'd say the sale of the Gerhard would be pretty poor to start, but throughout the season when the JAWA & GM's start going bang is when the Gerhard sales will pick up.

Especially if the sealed Gerhard is performing well across all British leagues.

• Like 2

A great number of riders will still be running older engines.

I'd say the sale of the Gerhard would be pretty poor to start, but throughout the season when the JAWA & GM's start going bang is when the Gerhard sales will pick up.

Especially if the sealed Gerhard is performing well across all British leagues.

I agree. Unfortunately the Gerhard/BSPA deal was probably about 3 months late to be launched.

If they are sealed , then it's not possible to do your own servicing when necessary ?

2 different plugs one good one crap

you would make a good partner for my sister-in -law , she judges the value of an item by it's price tag as well

If they are sealed , then it's not possible to do your own servicing when necessary ?

you would make a good partner for my sister-in -law , she judges the value of an item by it's price tag as well

She doesn't think much of you then? 😉

She doesn't think much of you then?

Oooh I'm wounded :D

• Like 1

Not really have used them both and you can tell the difference right away when you put the expensive one in the bike revs so much crisper sharper And give a bigger stronger spark they also last longer than the cheaper ones also the electrode on the tip of the cheaper one is prone to break and fall inside the barrel causing damage where as the dearer one does not have this
  • Like 1

The ones I posted a link to @ £16 were exactly the same plug as the ones joe hughes is selling for £39 . of course if you wish to be suspicious of them because of the price tag , that simply proves the point , You judge an items value by it's price tag , I will not pay an extra £23 just because a non speedway supplier is prepared to sell a product at a fair price so i have to assume it is in some way inferior , I wouldn't dream of buying any brand name goods from a speedway supplier because I know I would get over charged , Back In 1985 I bought a Motoplat Ignition system for a Jawa 898 for £11 . speedway suppliers were selling the exact same item for over £100 . I bought mine from Dartford karting , and since then anything non specific comes from suppliers outside speedway ,in the 80's Godden pistons direct over £100 , however from Omega who made them ,Less than £40 providing they thought it was for a Sierra Cosworth and not speedway

• Like 1

They are different one is a Short reach plug £16 I only know because I have bought a similar one on eBay when we first started it burnt out pretty quick and gave a weak spark when trying to get it started if you shop about you can pick up the right one for around £23 which JHI charge around twice the price champion and denso also make equivalent ones around £22 pounds

The ones I posted a link to @ £16 were exactly the same plug as the ones joe hughes is selling for £39 . of course if you wish to be suspicious of them because of the price tag , that simply proves the point , You judge an items value by it's price tag , I will not pay an extra £23 just because a non speedway supplier is prepared to sell a product at a fair price so i have to assume it is in some way inferior , I wouldn't dream of buying any brand name goods from a speedway supplier because I know I would get over charged , Back In 1985 I bought a Motoplat Ignition system for a Jawa 898 for £11 . speedway suppliers were selling the exact same item for over £100 . I bought mine from Dartford karting , and since then anything non specific comes from suppliers outside speedway ,in the 80's Godden pistons direct over £100 , however from Omega who made them ,Less than £40 providing they thought it was for a Sierra Cosworth and not speedway

It also proves the point that there are lots of fakes about, it's like these clowns like Arron Summers sharing links to £200 sunglasses for £15.

A bit like the stupid people who think Racing Methanol is better, so pay £10 a gallon!!

Get ours from the local chemical supplier around 80p a litre , but obviously the stuff from the speedway suppliers is better , must be it costs more than twice as much :D

It also proves the point that there are lots of fakes about, it's like these clowns like Arron Summers sharing links to £200 sunglasses for £15.

so because something is cheaper ,that automatically makes it a fake ?

Get ours from the local chemical supplier around 80p a litre , but obviously the stuff from the speedway suppliers is better , must be it costs more than twice as much :D

so because something is cheaper ,that automatically makes it a fake ?

I didn't say that but it must plant the seeds of doubt or suspicion. You can't prove I'm wrong and I can't prove I'm right (presumably some form of scientific testing might), so I'll leave it at that.