British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

So if it's true that the BSPA bought 200+ engines, that's in the region of £750,000, wow, GTR has certainly got a good Sales dept.

I agree the timing of the deal was a little late & sales will improve once more riders use them successfully however the bspa purchased 200/250 units?

How many riders are competing in the UK this year? A similar number at a guess so that means every rider needs to buy one or 50% of riders need to buy two to shift the stock.

Whilst the bulk price may lead to a nice little profit for the bspa & a major step forward in speedway, it could also be a huge financial lemon and they get stuck with loads of engines they cannot shift (is a GTR Mk2 coming next year?) and thrown loads of money that could have been better spent elsewhere away.

They have guaranteed that this model will not be changed in the next 3-4 years.

• Like 1

I agree the timing of the deal was a little late & sales will improve once more riders use them successfully however the bspa purchased 200/250 units?

How many riders are competing in the UK this year? A similar number at a guess so that means every rider needs to buy one or 50% of riders need to buy two to shift the stock.

Whilst the bulk price may lead to a nice little profit for the bspa & a major step forward in speedway, it could also be a huge financial lemon and they get stuck with loads of engines they cannot shift (is a GTR Mk2 coming next year?) and thrown loads of money that could have been better spent elsewhere away.

Thought they only bought 50 engines.I'm sure Buster said that at the Lynn team presentation just before Christmas.

Thought they only bought 50 engines.I'm sure Buster said that at the Lynn team presentation just before Christmas.

More crystal clear communications from the bspa then!. If they only brought 50 engines and still have plenty to shift its wasted money. Time will tell when the season begins but answers made need to be given? I would have thought any riders shifting to GTR's would have announced it by now?

A better demo perhaps would have been to subsidise 7-8 engines to a NL team like Eastbourne (only selected as they have good technical support) let them run a season on the engines and see how competitive they are in the league?

A supplied engine could result in lower points monies being paid & lower rider costs?

Obviously any team / league would achieve the same even experiment as it would give a comparison against GM's throughout the whole team not just a few riders who they suit?

More crystal clear communications from the bspa then!. If they only brought 50 engines and still have plenty to shift its wasted money. Time will tell when the season begins but answers made need to be given? I would have thought any riders shifting to GTR's would have announced it by now?

A better demo perhaps would have been to subsidise 7-8 engines to a NL team like Eastbourne (only selected as they have good technical support) let them run a season on the engines and see how competitive they are in the league?

A supplied engine could result in lower points monies being paid & lower rider costs?

Obviously any team / league would achieve the same even experiment as it would give a comparison against GM's throughout the whole team not just a few riders who they suit?

If the money in NL gets any less ,we will be paying them to ride ..LOL

We should know before much longer how many riders have been tempted to make the switch and how many of the "in stock" G engines remain "in stock". Carl Wilkinson explained his position and how difficult it can be financially, to make the switch - even if you want to. Catch 22?

Saw josh auty do a few laps and then Dan bewley was trying the one at scunny yesterday dan struggled at the start but got a bit of speed out if it towards the end of the day said it would maybe be ok for a track like rye house or Edinburgh but don't think he will be rushing out to buy one I was told you can buy it cheaper and it will come unsealed and i don't think you will get a warranty when it's unsealed

Saw josh auty do a few laps and then Dan bewley was trying the one at scunny yesterday dan struggled at the start but got a bit of speed out if it towards the end of the day said it would maybe be ok for a track like rye house or Edinburgh but don't think he will be rushing out to buy one I was told you can buy it cheaper and it will come unsealed and i don't think you will get a warranty when it's unsealed

The unsealed ones are actually dearer.

Freddie Lindgren manages with them on big tracks and they claim that the sealed ones are exactly the same as his.

The unsealed ones are actually dearer.Freddie Lindgren manages with them on big tracks and they claim that the sealed ones are exactly the same as his.

Claimed being the word aye right I am just going what young dan told me yesterday

Claimed being the word aye right I am just going what young dan told me yesterday

It's going to take time for riders to adapt to them and with all due respect I think I would take Freddie's opinion over Dan's at this stage in their respective careers,IMO Dan is perfectly placed to assist the intergration of the( sealed) GTR into speedway .I am afraid that cost within reason is not an obstacle I witnessed the 4 valve revolution and riders will always find the cash if a speed advantage is on offer.

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1

Would have thought so it's one of the bspa,s for riders to try out to see if they want to buy one

WTF. The whole point of the GTR engine according to the daughter of Gerhard himself was that they are producing ONE type of ready tuned engine. They way I see it (which means bugger all) is that the seal is there to stop me from opening it, its not about it being a different engine.

• Like 2

That will be a miracle, you can buy an engine, take it out of the box, and be competitive at GP level, like Fast Freddie, I don't think so, somebody is doing a great sales job here.

That will be a miracle, you can buy an engine, take it out of the box, and be competitive at GP level, like Fast Freddie, I don't think so, somebody is doing a great sales job here.

It is not just the engine but the whole package. The bike. the riders skill, bottle & throttle control, also, come into contention.

• Like 1