British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

I think Garrity is throttle jockey nutcase. Ben Barker Mark II.

My opinion hasn't changed that he's a danger to others.

I don't think there are to many fans who are not saying that..

My thoughts as a neutral having watched it.

1. The meeting should not have started

2. The officials need to grow a pair

3. Sky have a lot to answer for

4. Poole gave a committed professional display

5. A few posters for some strange reason are blaming Poole?

6. Havvy should not be in management

7. For the 2nd week running I have come to the conclusion Jason Garritty is an accident waiting to happen

8. Speedway is the loser tonight

Completely agree with all that. :t:

The abuse the officials will get when a rider gets badly injured in heat 10 in these situations.

• Like 1

Anybody seen Gavan, i thought he would have been on here armed with his Poole carving knife..Strange... :rofl:

Given the awful weather forecasts the meeting should have been called off by lunchtime. Ordinarily I believe that would have happened so I can only assume the Sky factor results in different decisions being taken.

• Like 1

Garrity is young and very keen, but he has got to learn to use his trottle a lot more than just open it up and go. It may work on a dry track, but not tonight. He needs to sit and listen to the older riders. Get on the bike and ride in a way that he is not going to take out other riders, they all have a living to earn, one move like he made tonight could end a riders days on the track.

He needs to calm down.

I'm willing to get shot down here, but rather than describing this as a farce, I would say the sport deserves more credit than it is getting for at least trying to put on a show. I get more frustrated to hear of another call off. I would rather see the riders give it a go, I accept the normal levels of skill will be diminished. I've played in and watched as many football and rugby matches in horrible conditions to accept you are going to have games where the elements diminish your enjoyment of the game.

Let's face it we live in an era where TV is king and unfortunately, if you want your sport to survive and prosper, you need TV exposure. It's not an ideal world, but it's the one we live in. What would do more damage to the sport, another meeting called off and the TV programme replaced by another sport, or the meeting going ahead, albeit not at the same level as usual?

I honestly think that the sport would benefit by trying to get more meetings to go ahead in difficult conditions, rather than calling off if the meeting is in doubt. Very few fans travel to meetings these days, knowing that meetings are called off. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen rugby and football fans, in wind and rain, still turning out to watch games. You stick some waterproofs on and get out there.

I'm ready for the hail of abuse, but I get really frustrated at this sport. Really hate meetings being called off.

• Like 2

I'm not a supporter of either team, but I'll wager that if the score line had been reversed after 8 heats, Coventry would've wanted to complete 10 heats and Middleditch would've been going berserk.

• Like 4

Something to watching tomorrow. Hope it is shown in full only so I can see how bad it was.

Hope Gemini never forced Lucy & Molly to go and watch this. Might see them on the gogglebox

• Like 1

Tonight shows that how out of control the sport is,who runs the meeting,the Ref,theTeam Managers or the riders,it seems a different group every time there is controversy .Dont even leave the house now if there is a cloud In the sky,even then Rye was called of because of a dusty track a couple of weeks ago,you couldn't make it up.The sport is pathetic these days.

"Russian roulette with the riders"

"Heat 10"

The "heat 10 to get a result" rule has to be got rid of after this season, it's being used in the wrong way and its detrimental to the sport... If you've had 10 races and a huge thunderstorm arrives and washes the track away after heat 10, then ok, the ref can call it.. But, it should not be used as a shortened form of the meeting....... All meetings should go to ht 15, unless there's an armageddon storm.

Calling meetings off in the bygone days wasn't such an issue because usually most of the riders were UK based, weather forecasting was not looked at like it is now... If it rained, generally meetings were called off at the start time! Nobody went off in a complete huff! It was part of the sport, just look at fixture lists off old programmes.. The heat 6 rule was worse for fans as no re-admittance was given free if that heat was even started!

We need a modified heat 6 rule...

with reduced admission after a heat 6 or later abandonment, and full readmission before heat 6..

Rearranged fixtures were easier to fit in, in pre 90's speedway, riders did not jet set around Europe like they do now, and worse case scenario was a "double header"

should this meeting have started, yes.. should it have ended the way it did, no. Abandoned earlier when it was obvious the conditions were not going to improve, or run to its heat 15 conclusion. In my opinion, meetings get called off far to early and with such ease, every effort should be made to run meetings...

• Like 3

I think Garrity is throttle jockey nutcase. Ben Barker Mark II.

My opinion hasn't changed that he's a danger to others.

I like Jason, he always gives 100%, but he was a fool on track tonight and his little outburst during the utterly embarrassing melee involving Havelock and and the SCB official made him look like a complete twunt.

He can be brilliant though and has won us meetings in the past. He needs to take a leaf out of Hans book. Stay professional and say nothing!

I'm not a supporter of either team, but I'll wager that if the score line had been reversed after 8 heats, Coventry would've wanted to complete 10 heats and Middleditch would've been going berserk.

Yep, that's why the Heat 10 rule should be scrapped,if not 15 heats there should no result.That would make them think a it more whether to start the meeting or not.