British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

TONIGHT's meeting at Brandon between the Buildbase Bees and Poole is ON.

The track is currently dry and the stadium has escaped any significant rainfall during the afternoon.

As at 5pm, conditions are good and it is all systems go for the meeting, starting at 7.30pm.

Ah thats nice to know. But i wouldn't go mad with the watering, you really don't want to get caught out.

i am finding it hard to believe this meeting is on and i am finding it hard to believe i am risking it to go to a meeting that is not around the corner and will probably get rained off !!

i am finding it hard to believe this meeting is on and i am finding it hard to believe i am risking it to go to a meeting that is not around the corner and will probably get rained off !!

Well so am i really looking at SCB's weather picture. Just been told its spitting at the track.

Edited by Starman2006

Looking at this updated weather it looks like the wind may be the biggest problem

http://m.bbc.co.uk/weather/cv8

It's start to rain now 😞 hoping it's just another shower

Edited by mdmc82

Looking at this updated weather it looks like the wind may be the biggest problem

Troy Bachelor had the same problem last week.

• Like 5

That's the spirit. You can spend plenty of time in your armchair when we've closed down because people refuse to pay full price for the biggest meeting of the season.

Fair point, but it wasn't the fans decided on "that rule", you know the one. 10 Heats, call it off and we'll laugh all the way to the bank while the fans go home short changed. I'll never go near a track when there's a threat of rain while that rule is in place, and I'm sure most sensible fans agree.

• Like 2

I'm in Walsgrave and it's windy but not raining now. The clouds are more white than black now since last shower 😄

Fingers crossed that's the last of it for a while and not that it's moving to the track instead.

They'll still be doing the parade at 8pm!

8, jeez, they really need to crack on with this meeting.

So what about the sky money Coventry receive ?

how could Swindon do it and not the bees, are they a much bigger club than Coventry ?

When you budget for the year I would imagine you already build in the anticipated Sky money into your plans and the level of drop in attendance that goes with it. In my opinion any drop in price would result in reduced income for the club as the increased attendance wouldn't generate the necessary cash to cover the price drop.

As to Swindon I don't know but I would expect it cost them money but maybe they hoped to attract new customers for the longer term?

So what about the sky money Coventry receive ?

how could Swindon do it and not the bees, are they a much bigger club than Coventry ?

When you budget for the year I would imagine you already build in the anticipated Sky money into your plans and the level of drop in attendance that goes with it. In my opinion any drop in price would result in reduced income for the club as the increased attendance wouldn't generate the necessary cash to cover the price drop.

As to Swindon I don't know but I would expect it cost them money but maybe they hoped to attract new customers for the longer term?