British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

I'll add my tuppenth worth wherever I like!!!

Havvy's a tool, not as much a tool as Muddlo granted, but he's been involved in the sport long enough not to make the basic tactial mistakes he has done.

I'll add my tuppenth worth wherever I like!!!

Havvy's a tool, not as much a tool as Muddlo granted, but he's been involved in the sport long enough not to make the basic tactial mistakes he has done.

And in the heat of a meeting in the pits im very sure you could do better as well. Neils done it for 15 years, how long has Havvy been in management ? Its a little different on the other side of the fence compared to riding.

So what makes you such an expert then to dismiss everyone else's opinion? Selling the Star, where others just read it?

So what makes you such an expert then to dismiss everyone else's opinion? Selling the Star, where others just read it?

And what makes you such an expert to think that team management is easy. Tell you what pal, like that other fickle Coventry fan, put you in the pits in the heat of a meeting. when decisions have to be made at a drop of a hat You wouldn't last 2 minutes.

Yeah, none of us have to make important decisions in the real world do we, or in our line of work managing people & teams.

Do you never answer a question?

And what makes you such an expert to think that team management is easy. Tell you what pal, like that other fickle Coventry fan, put you in the pits in the heat of a meeting. when decisions have to be made at a drop of a hat You wouldn't last 2 minutes.

Being a speedway team manager is hardly a hard job ....most speedway fans with a lot of common sense could do the job when it comes to making decisions ....if fact due to the rules these days there is hardly any decisions to make .

• Like 1

Yes so i also brought up about you fickle lot wanting havvy out last year. Call yourself fans..Try reading the posts properly.. Cretin

What's all this 'call yourself fans' nonsense Starman...

Everyone bar Poole supporters can class themselves as proper fans rather than glory hunters that adopt the cheating practices of your often disgraceful outfit..

Cov are currently running away with the league despite Havvy as TM who obviously has some sort of inferiority complex or other, but at least he doesn't abuse fans and behave like a neanderthal like your brainless hapless manager does :t::D

• Like 5

Yeah, none of us have to make important decisions in the real world do we, or in our line of work managing people & teams.

Do you never answer a question?

Starman has an important decision to make every home meeting - do I put my paperbag over my right or left shoulder? :rofl:

• Like 6

Being a speedway team manager is hardly a hard job ....most speedway fans with a lot of common sense could do the job when it comes to making decisions ....if fact due to the rules these days there is hardly any decisions to make .

:o you mean it's not rocket science!!!

:o you mean it's not rocket science!!!

Yea it's tough ...change the reserves in one heat and then pick two riders in heat 15 :shock: Not sure your be up to that .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

We can put this argument to bed right now.

It clearly all depends on who you are.

If you're a relatively compos mentis type of person you should be able to be a speedway manager without too much trouble. However, if you're the type of person who struggles to hold a biro the right way round then being a speedway manager must appear to be a very demanding job.

So, all of you are right.

• Like 6

Yea it's tough ...change the reserves in one heat and then pick two riders in heat 15 :shock: Not sure your be up to that .

And don't forget, spending hours pouring over riders' averages to find who has the best scores around the circuit you are at, so you can beat the other team in asking him to guest...!!!!

• Like 1

Don't you have to tell riders not to score points so their averages can be falsified and other riders brought into the team, or is that down to the promoter?

• Like 2

Maybe now it's been confirmed that Starman is a prize idiot, we can get back to the topic of Monday's meeting 👍🏻

And don't forget, spending hours pouring over riders' averages to find who has the best scores around the circuit you are at, so you can beat the other team in asking him to guest...!!!!

So you mean they don't just ask their mates? Because thats how I thought most managers/promoter did it!