British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

To reply I didn't say that Sky drove the tractor but they have the last say as tithe setup of the track, why should they have that power?. I defy any reasonable fan to suggest that this meeting should have started or continued as the evening went on downright dangerous after beat 8.

Most fans on here were quite happy with the first few heats so starting was not a problem ...as has already been said to you your Team Manager was quite happy with the track and gave credit to the trackman .

You must have been at a different meeting to me (and holder if you read what he said on Twitter)

What did Holder say on Twitter ? when did he say there was heavy rain during the first few heats like your claiming ?

Most fans on here were quite happy with the first few heats so starting was not a problem ...as has already been said to you your Team Manager was quite happy with the track and gave credit to the trackman .

What did Holder say on Twitter ? when did he say there was heavy rain during the first few heats like your claiming ?

He said it should never have started, raining from heat 1. Not sure he would have wanted it to not start cos of drizzle as you put it. Weather was terrible by 7.20 and the wind was making the rain worse.

He said it should never have started, raining from heat 1. Not sure he would have wanted it to not start cos of drizzle as you put it. Weather was terrible by 7.20 and the wind was making the rain worse.

So he never said anything about heavy rain ....Foreever blue said there was light drizzle that stopped a couple of times before it got heavier later ..what Holder has said does not disprove that in any way as you claim .

Edited by orion

So he never said anything about heavy rain ....Foreever blue said there was light drizzle that stopped a couple of times before it got heavier later ..what Holder has said does not disprove that in any way as you claim .

Holder says rain not a light drizzle. I'm not going to argue it as I was actually there and believe me you couldnt help but feel the rain & strong winds. It got heavier by heat 4 and the wind was an even bigger problem.

Edited by mdmc82

My point of view is,normally with the forecast and the band of rain predicted to be in coventry early evening it would not have started but once started unless it absolutely hammered it down it was always going to be a result.

The times were slower as you would expect but the crashes in the later heats were mainly down to garrity not the track

Andersen and Holder (two world class riders ) made similar mistakes to garrity didnt they ?
  • Like 1

Mick Horton says on the podcast,that hes gonna give his sponsors that were there tonight a free meeting in the future as they didnt get value for money,i feel Mick should go the whole way and say to the fans that did turn up will get a free meeting also.It will be good PR,and wont cost that much as very few fans were there,but its his gesture that counts,and will get a few fans back the next time plus a few more as they have seen him offer this "goodwill gesture" and think we

will give speedway another try.Also it was a shame Christina turnbull didnt come down and give her advise as i still dont know what she looks like!!!!!.I have a image in my mind but i just wanted to see if i was correct!!!!

Christina Turnbull - so many words can be made from these letters, but don't want to be banned from this site (again) for suggesting the worst ones.

So much to say right now, but in the politically correct world of Britain I can't due to the implications.

cheers Markyb (sponsored tonight by Fairy Liquid and Marigold Gloves)

On reflection who were the winners and losers at last nights debacle?

Winners:

Poole speedway - they got maximum points for an away meeting without completing the meeting?

Erm.......

Losers:

Coventry Speedway - lost gate revenue, lost points, disgruntled fans.......

Poole speedway (yes I have put them in both) - they did what any other team would have done in the same position and forced the result. Sadly it was on live TV, thus demosnstrating a win at all cost attitude that dosnt go down well with the rest of the speedway fans.

Coventry riders - placed at risk by incompetent match officials, loss of earnings, unable to provide entertainment

Poole riders - placed at risk by incompetent match officials, loss of earnings, unable to provide entertainment

Sky - appalling embarrassing coverage. Watching Pearson and Tatum being buffeted by driving rain and Gail forced winds said it all. Who's going to bother watching next time!

BSPA - farcical rules, conditions and meeting management. Even FIFA would do a better job.

The paying public - for those hardy fans who attended they have been the biggest losers. Paying full price to watch an off race night meeting that should never had ran then be called off after seeing a handful of below national league standard races. All credit to those that went, I bet many will think against it next time multiplying the impact on an already suffering Coventry Speedway (threat of closure).

Whoever is responsible be proud of yourselves, you may have got what you wanted but Know one else did. And they call it entertainment.

No doubt as Pearson and Tatum kept saying, there's plenty of great meetings coming up live on Sky, starting at Poole Wednesday. Good luck to them all, let's hope the weathers good.

• Like 2

There's no point anyone having a go at Christina Turnbull, it was a Sky match so she had no say in whether the meeting went ahead or not. That was down to the meeting steward, Paul Clarke who quite frankly should hang his head in shame and then do a Blatter.

• Like 6

There's no point anyone having a go at Christina Turnbull, it was a Sky match so she had no say in whether the meeting went ahead or not. That was down to the meeting steward, Paul Clarke who quite frankly should hang his head in shame and then do a Blatter.

Spot on.

Christina Turnball was actually one of the few people (along with a few Poole riders) who did their job right last night.

Andersen and Holder (two world class riders ) made similar mistakes to garrity didnt they ?

No they didn't, Didn't see either of them ride into their team mate or break the tapes or come down on their own.

• Like 1

He also said if it was his call he would've called it off this morning. Are we the only sport where circumstances differ when on tv? Sky don't determine when cricketers leave the field when it's raining and Sky don't decide how a wicket is prepared. Time to get rid of Sky.

Horton also stated he will lose tens of thousands because of being forced to run tonight.

Agree entirely that it's time to get rid of Sky. Just think back since they became involved, and all of a sudden there were new rules put in basically to satisfy them, all of which have been so detrimental to the sport that they have been thrown out one by one. UNTIL we have only one left, the ridiculous double points, or JOKER as it will be called in the World Cup. For Christ's sake get rid before it is too late. Speedway was good before Sky came in, and it still would be without them.

No they didn't, Didn't see either of them ride into their team mate or break the tapes or come down on their own.

Hans fell off in heat 5, on his own, just missing his team mate. Holder only got away with it in heat 10 as Watt could shut off due to the fact there were no other riders on the track.

On reflection who were the winners and losers at last nights debacle?

Winners:

Poole speedway - they got maximum points for an away meeting without completing the meeting?

Erm.......

Losers:

Coventry Speedway - lost gate revenue, lost points, disgruntled fans.......

Poole speedway (yes I have put them in both) - they did what any other team would have done in the same position and forced the result. Sadly it was on live TV, thus demosnstrating a win at all cost attitude that dosnt go down well with the rest of the speedway fans.

Coventry riders - placed at risk by incompetent match officials, loss of earnings, unable to provide entertainment

Poole riders - placed at risk by incompetent match officials, loss of earnings, unable to provide entertainment

Sky - appalling embarrassing coverage. Watching Pearson and Tatum being buffeted by driving rain and Gail forced winds said it all. Who's going to bother watching next time!

BSPA - farcical rules, conditions and meeting management. Even FIFA would do a better job.

The paying public - for those hardy fans who attended they have been the biggest losers. Paying full price to watch an off race night meeting that should never had ran then be called off after seeing a handful of below national league standard races. All credit to those that went, I bet many will think against it next time multiplying the impact on an already suffering Coventry Speedway (threat of closure).

Whoever is responsible be proud of yourselves, you may have got what you wanted but Know one else did. And they call it entertainment.

No doubt as Pearson and Tatum kept saying, there's plenty of great meetings coming up live on Sky, starting at Poole Wednesday. Good luck to them all, let's hope the weathers good.

Spot on 👍🏻 good post that sums up well what should have been a huge meeting.