British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Sounding like a paying fan that was robbed. Easy for people to judge when they weren't there.

That was early on before the track was ripped back up and the heavy rain came

As has been explain to you about a 100 times ...only the starts were ripped up .Not sure you were there as every thing you said has been shown to be a lie so far .

• Like 1

the starts are normally ripped up 10 mins before match usually on sky

to stop any gate being a huge advantage which sometimes happens \

@BBCcovsport: Mick Horton tells @BBCcovsport that Coventry Bees could pull out of Elite League at the end of the season. More in Tapes Up from 6

Horton on Poole meeting row: "We're very disillusioned. It was a huge meeting. Financially it was a huge loss for the club. It's not right"

If he doesn't want to run it anymore, I wonder if anybody else would step in?

Edited by mdmc82

Is Horton doing a Horner?

No but losing £10,000 due to that farce can't be easy

• Like 1

So some good could come out of this farce after all.

Weekly PL speedway? Yes please.

• Like 1

The staff was under instruction from GoSpeed on the track prep. So yes the track staff worked on the track but was told how to do it.

• Like 3

@BBCcovsport: Mick Horton tells @BBCcovsport that Coventry Bees could pull out of Elite League at the end of the season. More in Tapes Up from 6

Horton on Poole meeting row: "We're very disillusioned. It was a huge meeting. Financially it was a huge loss for the club. It's not right"

Probably a stunt to get the crowds in for the rest of the season.

• Like 4

Then why were Coventry not allowed on Monday? It's been confirmed that they couldn't even by Pearsen who said it was due to weather forecast by yet making the track the way they did and still trying to sort it 5mins before start time didn't help.

You've got to prepare the track to suit conditions. When you have a forcast like they had you cannot put bowsers loads of water down, you prepare the track to get the meeting ON, that comes first and formost.

Mick Horton has the current lease agreement to run speedway at Brandon - at whatever level he chooses. If however he chooses to walk away I'm not sure any other (potential) promoter would agree to take it on with such a short lease agreement. Very sad situation.

Doubtless more info on this evening's 'Tapes Up' programme on BBC Cov & Warwicks!!

If he has indeed lost thousands which suspect he has then I don't blame him. Who would want to throw money away at something you have no control over. Crowds have been decent enough this season but last week meeting will now likely mean we will be running at a big loss for the season. That cannot be right or good for the sport.

If he has indeed lost thousands which suspect he has then I don't blame him. Who would want to throw money away at something you have no control over. Crowds have been decent enough this season but last week meeting will now likely mean we will be running at a big loss for the season. That cannot be right or good for the sport.

If he had no control over the meeting then maybe he should of promoted it better to get more people to turn up in the bad weather, I.E cheaper entrance fee.

• Like 2

I think that applies to any club if they have a call off. Thing is Coventry will still get the Sky money, under normal circumtances of a call off then, he would have been on a massive loss. But like Ayra says, he will recoupe that should you make the play off's.

If he had no control over the meeting then maybe he should of promoted it better to get more people to turn up in the bad weather, I.E cheaper entrance fee.

If it was cheaper prices it wouldve been more of a financial disater. Do you really think many more would have attended in that weather? Especially to recoup the loss per entrance fee? Poole usually draws good crowds but it had no chance with the forecast as it was. I'd get dropping prices for the likes of Lakeside that makes sense. Why pay for something when it was almost certain to be called off at heat 10.

£10,000 isn't that much money. He will easily recoup his losses with Coventry in the play offs this year.

Who said it was 10,000, Horton was quoted as saying as tens of thousands. Be interesting to see what he says tonight regarding it all. Think its more of a threat to the BSPA than anything else though, they will be in a tough situation with only 7 EL clubs. The only issue I have with it is we are looking for a new stadium the whole situation probably doesnt help regarding investors and planning etc.

• Like 1

If it was cheaper prices it wouldve been more of a financial disater. Do you really think many more would have attended in that weather? Especially to recoup the loss per entrance fee? Poole usually draws good crowds but it had no chance with the forecast as it was. I'd get dropping prices for the likes of Lakeside that makes sense. Why pay for something when it was almost certain to be called off at heat 10.

Disagree there, cheaper prices would have encouraged more to go as if it was a tenner then that is still reasonable value even if it only goes to heat 10. If he knew it would only last until heat 10 and was going to lose money why didn't he cancel it, it had been forecast for the weather to be bad for ages.

• Like 1