British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

5th V 4th - Wolves V Swindon - 1/6/2015

Rain needs to save Wolverhampton's season.

Our season went south the minute we signed Musielak on 6.50.

I don't remember you having any complaints on our visit. Coventry had the same problem recently when we rode against Wolves. We were without Sarjeant,one of the strongest reserves in the league and yet had to use a rider much lower on the draft.

Sarjeant is not one of the strongest. He is the strongest of the 2nd picks.

when you have a rider like Garrity (similar to Blackbird for Wolves) the 2nd reserves scores are just a bonus.

It isn't the same thing at all.

when you have a rider like Garrity (similar to Blackbird for Wolves) the 2nd reserves scores are just a bonus.

I disagree. You called Blackbird a "match winning reserve". Well it was the same with Sarjeant. We lost at Wolves by 4 points. If Sarjeant had been riding then I'm sure he would have scored more than 1 and the result could have been very different.

I agree that Blackbird being missing will be a big loss but unfortunately just like when Bees came without Sarjeant & Lakeside without a team, the team with all their riders have to make the most of their opponents weaknesses.

I think Wolves top 5 will need to really step up if they are to win this. They showed at the weekend that even with a reserve in double figures if your top riders can't score it's game over. It's been made even more of a uphill battle with Blackbird missing.

Edited by mdmc82

Sarjeant i believe has done nearly as well as Garrity if anything at times he seems as capable as Garrity at beating the second strings i think Garrity his average is false .Also Blackbird has not been that great this year also in The PL he has not always done that well i think Sarjeant,Lambert, (ect the lesser lights have done well at times this year.

Saw the Robins at Belle Vue recently, they were excellent & probably should have won. Monmore's tight turns shouldn't bother them, Wolves will need to be at their very best imo to win this one. Hope the rain stays away, prediction 42-48.

I disagree. You called Blackbird a "match winning reserve". Well it was the same with Sarjeant. We lost at Wolves by 4 points.

I see your point however you cannot call Sarjeant a match winning reserve because without the scores of Garrity (who is your match winning reserve) you wouldn't have even been in the same position.

The top graded reserves are meant to be fairly equal but it's Garrity plus the usual suspects like Newman, Kerr and Blackbird who are scoring big points.

Obviously the 2nd tiered draft riders make a difference and Sarjeant is clearly the best of the 2nd tier riders. He won't be getting 12-17 points a match which makes all the difference regards winning matches. Blackbird, like Garrity are the riders expected to score the big points so replacing them with much worse riders are a much bigger loss.

You mean James Sarjeant, the guy averaging 8 in the PL? Or more than Lakeside and Swindons best reserves? And is infact within a point of Lewis Blackbird who you think is "like for like" with Lewis Kerr who is draft. Yeah, fair enough.

You mean James Sarjeant, the guy averaging 8 in the PL? Or more than Lakeside and Swindons best reserves? And is infact within a point of Lewis Blackbird who you think is "like for like" with Lewis Kerr who is draft. Yeah, fair enough.

Yea, the guy deemed only good enough to be mid down the 2nd draft pick.

Seeing as he is doing so well how many times has he replaced Garrity because he was scoring more points?

If you seriously believe Sarjeant is as good as Kerr and Blackbird then fair enough.

He will always play second fiddle to Garrity as he should do.

Yea, the guy deemed only good enough to be mid down the 2nd draft pick.

Seeing as he is doing so well how many times has he replaced Garrity because he was scoring more points?

Why would we want to replace the guy considered good enough to replace Lindgren in heat 13? I'm not claiming Sarj is that good. I'm just pointing out his averages is within a point of Blackbirds and Blackbird and Kerr have as big a difference and you claimed earlier that Blackbird and Kerr are like for like so it stands to reason Sarj and Blackbird are like for like.

Sarj and Blackbird are like for like.

They aren't, put Sarjeant as senior reserve and he would be no way as prolific.

Sarjeant is rapidly improving and I rate him but I doubt he would be even considered 1st pick next season.

Not sure I agree entirely.

Musielak was a decent signing and one hopefully long term that will pay off.

Thorssell was the one that was always going to be the problem.

Some had him down as the next world beater and time and again I tried to explain to them how he would struggle as a heat leader.

Even as a second string he isn't doing the business... losing to Lambert at Leicester simply isn't good enough.

Sarjeant is rapidly improving and I rate him but I doubt he would be even considered 1st pick next season.

:rofl:

He'd be more prolific.

He's racing against the same opposition, so nothing changes there.. but has a weaker partner so will score more.

I'm confused. You claim Lewis Blackbird and Lewis Kerr are like-for-like but there's 0.8 between their EL averages. So why isn't James Sarjeant who is within 0.80 of Lewis Blackbird not like-for-like with Blackbird?

Lewis Blackbirds PL average is 7.92 to 7.7 for Sarj. Kerr is 7.12. So Sarj is better than Kerr.

So do tell me, how is Blackbird like-for-like with Kerr but Sarj is a lesser rider.

Pair Sarj up with Ash Morris who is normally at the back or Bates who is at the back more often than Garrity and Sarjs average would actually go up.

Edited by SCB

We were always gonna struggle with the declared side at the start of the season.

Fred was never going to get anywhere near his 9 point average.

Thorrsell was never going to slot in as an heat leader.

Musielak would probably see his assessed average drop to about 5.

Didnt take advantage of 1st pick in 2nd FTR.

The plus sides,PK and Ricky.Blackbird achieved what was expected.

All the sides started with a blank canvas at the start of the season,so you dont have to be Einstein to see where the blame lies.

Meeting off.

Bit premature calling it off for Wolverhampton as it not raining at the moment.. But in hindsight probably good call looking at the forecast Edited by zlata prilba