British Speedway Forum

RIGA too apparently ...

HAVE emailed Chris Durno, who was the referee, to see whether he has a results chart although as previously mentioned there were no prizes nor points money.

Riga, Stuart Robson ???

Noticed on tickets it says door open 4.00pm, that's an hour later then usual. Has anything been announced about pre-meeting 'entertainment'

Riga, Stuart Robson ???

RIGA ... nothing to do with Stuart Robson. Just saying that apparently the track in Riga for GP qualifier was very good.

Noticed on tickets it says door open 4.00pm, that's an hour later then usual. Has anything been announced about pre-meeting 'entertainment'

BELIEVE it is because more people tend to hang around the Fanzone and enter the stadium later ...

RIGA ... nothing to do with Stuart Robson. Just saying that apparently the track in Riga for GP qualifier was very good.

BELIEVE it is because more people tend to hang around the Fanzone and enter the stadium later ...

I hope the fanzone is bigger then last year as it was very small and cramped in its new location. I suspect the 4.00 start will mean long queues waiting to get in.

Here`s one race from Riga yesterday-sadly it`s heat 3 where kildemand crashed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWV7T_FBZB4

To be fair Peter Kildermand crashes at most places.

I hope the fanzone is bigger then last year as it was very small and cramped in its new location. I suspect the 4.00 start will mean long queues waiting to get in.

Would image it would be the same size if its exactly the same place. Seems everyone at BSI towers is keeping stum over this years opening ceremony the aim I would imagine to top last years.

Yeh, i believe there's a 3 round bout between Greg and Nicki.. :D

• Like 1

If that`s correct about the doors to the general public not open until 4pm-i think that is a big mistake. I cannot think of any big sporting event I have attended where the doors haven`t been opened at least 90 mins before the start-Parade will start bang on 5 pm as 1st race is on official documents as 5.15pm. I can see a lot of congestion at bag checks etc and just cannot understand any reasoning behind this late opening of the turnstiles.

Saving money on staffing?

CANNOT imagine that the Millennium will have less staff than usual but that would be their call ...

If that`s correct about the doors to the general public not open until 4pm-i think that is a big mistake. I cannot think of any big sporting event I have attended where the doors haven`t been opened at least 90 mins before the start-Parade will start bang on 5 pm as 1st race is on official documents as 5.15pm. I can see a lot of congestion at bag checks etc and just cannot understand any reasoning behind this late opening of the turnstiles.

COULDN'T agree more... very odd

CANNOT imagine that the Millennium will have less staff than usual but that would be their call ...

So is the info on the ticket 100% correct about 4pm opening for 5pm start ?

You'd think the stadium would love having people in early to sell them a £4 pint and a £6 hotdog!

You'd think the stadium would love having people in early to sell them a £4 pint and a £6 hotdog!

Exactly -that`s why I cannot think it`s right

So is the info on the ticket 100% correct about 4pm opening for 5pm start ?

Millennium stadium website is also saying 4pm

I have recieved the following email from see tickets:

Please find event information below on this weekend's Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.

Friday 3rd July

Practice will be open to all ticket holders. Gates open at 14:30 for a 15:00 start.

Saturday 4th July

FANZONE ON WOOD STREET, ADMISSION FREE

11:15: The Magoos live music on the main stage

11:45-12:15: Photo opportunities with the World Championship Trophies and

Monster Girls at the autograph podium

12:15: Mitas Speed Challenge Special on the main stage

12:45: Eurosport Team Q & A and autograph session around the main stage and

autograph podium

13:15: Monster Energy 'Rig Riot' featuring their riders and giveaways at the

Monster Energy rig

14:00: The Magoos perform live

15:00: SGP Autograph Session with Tai Woffinden, Greg Hancock, Niels-Kristian

Iversen & Craig Cook

15:30: The Magoos perform live

16:00: FANZONE CLOSES

The Fan Zone will also include: Capital Radio Team, Vintage Bikes, your chance

to get merchandise and programmes and much more on the day!

*Line up and timings subject to change.

Please note the gates to the Millennium Stadium will open at 16:00 this year,

make sure you're in your seats for the opening ceremony at 16:55 with the first

Heat commencing at 17:15.

Edited by Noodles

Has everyone recieved their tickets who ordered through the 'see tickets' website?

Still waiting on mine, only ordered them last week right enough.