British Speedway Forum

You really think there's no "under the table" stuff going on between BSI and BSPA? You must be living in some paralell universe then. I don't claim Poland should rule the speedway but what's there showing that britain-based company is any competent? Condition of speedway in Britain? BSI-made set of rules infested by holes allowing for different judgement of similar situations? One-day tracks that make speedway "start>filling programme after lap 1"? Or maybe it's a monopoly with many "shady" things happening behind the curtain? I'd have no problem if major events were organised by the Swedes or even Aussies seeing Oceania Championships being healthy.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on please :)

• Like 1

You really think there's no "under the table" stuff going on between BSI and BSPA? You must be living in some paralell universe then. I don't claim Poland should rule the speedway but what's there showing that britain-based company is any competent? Condition of speedway in Britain? BSI-made set of rules infested by holes allowing for different judgement of similar situations? One-day tracks that make speedway "start>filling programme after lap 1"? Or maybe it's a monopoly with many "shady" things happening behind the curtain? I'd have no problem if major events were organised by the Swedes or even Aussies seeing Oceania Championships being healthy.

Don't be an idiot.

Tomorrow was always down as the re-staging date of the World Cup Final.

Polish speedway is farcical in any case.

All the best

Rob

Get a grip people people. It rained, officials tried to get it on and failed. Always happened in speedway, I dare say always will. Hardly a PR disaster.

get a grip you are a joke making a comment like that - we was in the stadium having spent hard earned cash to go to this meeting only to see track covers taken off well before start time not only that they watered the track and moments later it started to rain -so the last thing I want to hear is comments like you just made .

How long did it take to get the covers off the track? Surely BSI were aware of the forecast?

get a grip you are a joke making a comment like that - we was in the stadium having spent hard earned cash to go to this meeting only to see track covers taken off well before start time not only that they watered the track and moments later it started to rain -so the last thing I want to hear is comments like you just made .

Get a grip!

We've all done it, I spent a fair few quid driving up to Edinburgh in glorious sunshine for a ten minute shower to kill the meeting.

It's all part of being a speedway fan. It happens.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

Get a grip!

thank you for the quote of the day

You're plain wrong here. After they cancelled today's event they instantly sent a message to Polish Federation asking to postpone tomorrow's matches. If SWC happened today polish sunday events wouldn't be affected at all.

But Polish speedway should have planned for this likelihood. It's Vojens, it rains.

• Like 1

Like he said it rained and it was going to carry on raining so it called off .... I understand your upset because you spent a lot of money to be there but nothing would have changed things . If you don't to want hear comments like that then stop reading this topic .

You're plain wrong here. After they cancelled today's event they instantly sent a message to Polish Federation asking to postpone tomorrow's matches. If SWC happened today polish sunday events wouldn't be affected at all.

How could it be on today-it pi$$ed down-I see you have ignored my post 148-probably because it`s 100% true. Didn`t it rain in leszno one year !!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Like he said it rained and it was going to carry on raining so it called off .... I understand your upset because you spent a lot of money to be there but nothing would have changed things . If you don't to want hear comments like that then stop reading this topic .

they should have left the covers on right up to the last moment -why water the track ? Why was no one capable of making a dissicion to call this meeting off ? Too right I'm upset how fans who travel to these events get such a raw deal when things go wrong as they did tonight - those who say get a grip clearly hasn't even traveled to Cardiff let alone to an over seas event . Get a grip arm chair TV viewer is my guess .

16.40pm here in Vojens , the covers are off and it is slashing it down!

Well if it was slashing it down at 1640 which I was there and the only water I saw was coming out the lorry that was watering it and not out of the sky
  • Like 1

they should have left the covers on right up to the last moment -why water the track ? Why was no one capable of making a dissicion to call this meeting off ? Too right I'm upset how fans who travel to these events get such a raw deal when things go wrong as they did tonight - those who say get a grip clearly hasn't even traveled to Cardiff let alone to an over seas event . Get a grip arm chair TV viewer is my guess .

I have spent best part of 24 hours travelling on a bus to the last ever World Final in Vojens. I have done a full home and away season following my team for a fair few seasons.

So that's your theory out the window.

Rain off's happen.

Check the deadline for the polish leagues planning (Three! Plus one-time events, test matches,golden helmet tournament), confront it with the abroad leagues riders ride in and then check when BSI have decided to run SWC in June this year (it had place in August last year an in mid-July in 2011-2013).

And? Polish speedway had months to re-arrange fixtures once BSI announced the dates.

The bottom line was that the meeting was always going to be called off due to rain, it never matter at what time they took the covers off ...just because you went and spent good money nothing was not going to change that ...you went to a meeting that got called off because it rain it's hardly a raw deal

How about - What do you expect if you go to a BSI meeting?

• Like 2