British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Somerset Rebels Pl 18-6-15@7-30pm

There's a common thread here.......only home win in the league this year and look who the manager was?

When he prepares the track and drops the clutch. I'll agree with that.

And how many goals did Alex Ferguson score for Man Utd?

Edited by Roland
  • Like 1

Blaming the team manager is not the answer as what can they really do? Any rider change is throughly discussed with the riders who will know what they are capable off. Halsey had to have three rides and if He wasn't in heat 5, where was his other ride coming from? Tungate reminds me of Miskoviak. Only wins when He gates. He really messed up King in heat 13 and if he cant ride his line faulters. How long before Heeps is back?

• Like 1

My question is not when is Heeps back but when will Heeps be fully fit? Will it take him as long as it did last time?

But at least when Heeps is back it then give another excuse that can be used..

Something is badly wrong for the title favourites.

• Like 1

Didn't go and haven't been for weeks. Won't return until the promotion show as much passion as us fans. We've gone from a top flight club with a proud history, to a top flight club who are also rans, to a top flight club who struggles, and now to a second tier club who struggles in that league too.

Sad times.

• Like 1

I went as a Billy no mates again tonight....I was not a happy bunny come the end and my sarcasm came out in my texts. Fortunately, or unfortunately which ever way you like the Updates, some of those comments did not reach the actual update template.

It was so nice to see my plea answered for someone to fetch me a cup of tea, mummy Worrall is a very nice lady indeed.

• Like 2

There's a common thread here.......only home win in the league this year and look who the manager was?

So who pre-tell was the team manager at Somerset,Plymouth,Redcar and Peterborough !!!!!

I went as a Billy no mates again tonight....I was not a happy bunny come the end and my sarcasm came out in my texts. Fortunately, or unfortunately which ever way you like the Updates, some of those comments did not reach the actual update template.

It was so nice to see my plea answered for someone to fetch me a cup of tea, mummy Worrall is a very nice lady indeed.

Sorry Sue, it was probably my fault for saying you wouldn't throw away that lead at the interval.

• Like 1

Who got man of the match?

And who was sponsoring the meeting, only his personal sponsor, surprise surprise!!! Should've given it to Richie Worrall, if only we had kept him as back up to Danny like a lot of us wanted.

Well I think we can say goodbye to the play-off this season 4 points from 12 at home won't get us there, you need to win most at home and anything on the road is a bonus. All does not seem rosy in the Ipswich camp at the moment and we need rid of the bad apples. Be interesting to see what the crowd is like for the next home meeting, because if this carries on it will be only us diehard fools still suffering every week.

The track was crap with no dirt on the outside for someone like Nico who busts his balls out wide and was going nowhere, something is wrong. Get well soon Bob!

• Like 1

At the risk of being out of sinker I thought this was a cracking meeting with some good racing and a knife edge ending.

As far as I could see Kurtz moved at the start of the crucial heat 13 but it was Ipswich that got punished.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

At the risk of being out of sinker I thought this was a cracking meeting with some good racing and a knife edge ending.

As far as I could see Kurtz moved at the start of the crucial heat 13 but it was Ipswich that got punished.

Interesting point of view HT - I thought it was a dire meeting full of processional races.

Covatti was entertaining to watch though the track didn't allow him to make his attempts at passing work.

Worrall looked pleased to have stuck it on his old team!

Other than that, he who gated and made the first turn his, went on to win the race unless he did something really stupid.

There were a few snails out there but if they gated they got the points.

Yes it livened up after the interval but only in the context of the meeting result getting closer and whether Covatti could get past Starke in two races or King get past Tungate (none of them could which shows how bad the track was).

And by the way, Kurtz wasn't in heat 15!!

Starke was impressive as was Worrall and Covatti was entertaining, but I think I maybe missed out on a night in with Eastenders!

Interesting point of view HT - I thought it was a dire meeting full of processional races. Covatti was entertaining to watch though the track didn't allow him to make his attempts at passing work.Worrall looked pleased to have stuck it on his old team! Other than that, he who gated and made the first turn his, went on to win the race unless he did something really stupid. There were a few snails out there but if they gated they got the points. Yes it livened up after the interval but only in the context of the meeting result getting closer and whether Covatti could get past Starke in two races or King get past Tungate (none of them could which shows how bad the track was). And by the way, Kurtz wasn't in heat 15!! Starke was impressive as was Worrall and Covatti was entertaining, but I think I maybe missed out on a night in with Eastenders!

Bit harsh - it was better than that.

I managed to get an edit in about heat 15 and Will- very convincingly- blame the fact that I am posting using a mobile phone and a weak internet connection for the error !!

Kurtz did move, though, and the referee's failure to do anything cost the Witches dear.

Riders are always moving And it's nearly always let go. I'm sure one of our riders jumped before that and gained from it, so it's all swings and roundabouts

• Like 1