British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

What a load of rubbish. I don't wish any rider would break their neck, that's clearly not what I was implying. I would far prefer that Nicki Pedersen, a rider who has shown time and time again that he values winning far more than the safety of his fellow riders, to break his own neck than to break the neck of another innocent rider. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.

Here you are again with your despicable comments.

Still trying to wriggle your way out of it. Interesting, not one single person has agreed with you or liked any of your exaggerated postings.

This comment is just as bad. Any normal fan would PREFER that NO rider breaks their neck.

As for its only a matter of time.. he's been riding 20 years.. how much more time do you want?

• Like 3

I think that riders tend to give Hancock more room than most of their opponents for the simple reason that he generally does the same for them

• Like 6

Yes, I do have to bring the name of a much missed rider into it, and so we all should! The death of a well respected and loved rider should be used to make the sport a safer place. I wonder what the family and friends of Lee would say if they saw this incident? When you see a good man lose his life so prematurely, you cannot tolerate riders like Nicki Pedersen who will be responsible for yet another man losing his life.

Yes, I had assumed some level of intelligence and context by the reader... so I will make it clearer. If I had to pick between a rider breaking his neck at the hands of Nicki Pedersen, or Nicki Pedersen breaking his own neck, I'd take Nicki every time.

If they read it they would be utterly disgusted as every other speedway fan would be at the suggestion of riders breaking necks.

• Like 1

Yes, I do have to bring the name of a much missed rider into it, and so we all should! The death of a well respected and loved rider should be used to make the sport a safer place. I wonder what the family and friends of Lee would say if they saw this incident? When you see a good man lose his life so prematurely, you cannot tolerate riders like Nicki Pedersen who will be responsible for yet another man losing his life.

Yes, I had assumed some level of intelligence and context by the reader... so I will make it clearer. If I had to pick between a rider breaking his neck at the hands of Nicki Pedersen, or Nicki Pedersen breaking his own neck, I'd take Nicki every time.

When in a hole best to stop digging.

I get what you mean but you choose rather an unfortunate way of saying it :)

Seen too many riders get injured to wish any form of injury on another no matter how despicable they are.

• Like 3

Greg is definitely not boring on track and seen him have many entertaining races and as you pointed out the night Harris won was one of them.

You may be right, but the Harris one is the one that I can remember in the 20+ years Greg's been riding... tell a lie, I remember Rickard Hellsen holding him and Billy off for four laps at Station Road.... two races (he was beaten both times).

Facts are Nicki didn't cause serious injury or worse.

Facts are there was barely any contact.

Facts are there was still room for Greg.

Facts are Greg jumped of the bike, releasing it, hence it continuing on its way down the track and not going into the fence. ergo sum, Greg wasn't fenced.

Facts are Greg drifted wide, locked up twice, Nicki rode a perfect corner.

Facts are it was a speedway racing incident that is seen hundreds of times a season.

Decision to exclude Nicki, 50/50 but no qualms with that call being made.

Im sorry i usually agree with you on most things (mainly the Poole idiots like starman and arya who needs a ban) but i think you are wrong on this one.

Greg was taken off it wasnt 50/50 Pedersen rightfully was excluded.

However i agree there have been far worse , far harder moves in racing and there was no need for Greg to react the way he did and he quite rightly deserves a ban or even a fine.

The issue is that Pedersen is a hard rider bordering on dirty at times so most things he does are blown up out of proportion at times.

What is funny is that jumped up little twerp Darcy Ward gets involved!! He has the audacity to have a pop at Pedersen! This is a man who was prepared to put every other riders lives at risk by riding under the influence. He also mocks Nicki blocking him. Well Darcy blocked me and many others when we dared to criticise him what a hypocrite!

Well done Darcy showing what you are!

I hope BWitcher we dont fall out over differing agreements on this one as ive not been abusive

Will never stop speaking my mind, no matter who it upsets.

Sometimes you have to say it like it is. If we were all honest with ourselves and had to pick between Nicki injuring or killing somebody else with his dangerous riding, or injuring or killing himself, we'd pick him.

It's when you don't say anything and let these things go on, even when you know that somebody could come out of this disabled or far worse, that you allow these things to happen.

The fact that a rider as kind, fair and good mannered as Greg Hancock, the perfect image of a professional sportsman has reacted like this, just shows you that riders are reaching their boiling point. They are not getting angry that they have lost the race, they are getting angry because their lives are being put at risk by this selfish buffoon.

Speak your mind by all means but it sometimes is best to use it BEFORE you open your mouth.

Not getting at you just an observation and a friendly bit of advice :)

Also loved your work on Sunday night :)

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

Well done Darcy showing what you are!

I think he showed that a long time ago, but most of us actually hoped he would grow up and learn from his ban to get his head down and race.... seems he cant keep away from trouble.

What a load of rubbish. I don't wish any rider would break their neck, that's clearly not what I was implying. I would far prefer that Nicki Pedersen, a rider who has shown time and time again that he values winning far more than the safety of his fellow riders, to break his own neck than to break the neck of another innocent rider. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.

This sport is high speed and dangerous enough at the best of times. If Nicki continues doing things like this, week in and week out, then it is not a matter of if but a matter of when another much loved and well respected rider is killed.

It's not a big game. You only have to look at the crash that killed Lee Richardson to see how easy a life is taken by this sport. It is not an exaggeration. We don't need scumbags like Nicki Pedersen ramping those odds up day in and day out. There is no element of safety control in these kinds of manoeuvres! Nicki cannot foresee how the rider will land, or what part of his body will take the damage. It is purely luck that he hasn't killed or disabled somebody sooner.

A quote by John F Kennedy sums it up very well: "There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction."

When that day comes, which I sincerely hope it will not, each and every supporter and official who justified his actions and allowed him to continue racing in this manner will have blood on their hands. So yes, I reiterate my original point, I would rather Nicki break his own neck than somebody elses, and I have no shame saying it.

You are completely sick :sad:

• Like 2

Ask yourself this; Can you truly say hand on heart that it is "exaggerated" that Nicki Pedersen could take another mans life or mobility if he continues riding this way? Didn't think so.

Well to my knowledge he hasn't yet and no rider has been seriously (disabled) injured because of Nicki. So yes, I am happy to say the evidence suggests it is an exaggerated thing to say.

I like both Greg and Nicki, they're the perfect balance in speedway, like the good and the devil resting each side. :D

I do laugh though that people think Nicki fences people on purpose, we've all seen how bad things can go wrong in the sport and setting out to fence someone deliberately would endanger Nicki too, you may think he has no regard for his competitors (I think that' s untrue) but surely he's got regard for his own safety, especially being a family man now. He's a hard rider that will always go for a gap,sometimes that gap disappears and he rightly gets excluded for trying the move, but if he didn't go for them he wouldn't have 3 individual world titles in his cabinet.

People blowing this way out of proportion because it was Greg who he riled which is completely out of character, people calling for Greg to be banned are hilarious, it was a flying tackle not a mugging in an alleyway. Looking at both riders involved it looked more like a midget scrap anyway :D

The twitter stuff is mind games which Nicki is very good at, then you get the likes of Ward and his brain cell chipping in and it becomes the stuff Nicki thrives on. Just the motivation he needs for his title challenge this year and most are playing along with it. :party:

• Like 4

I like both Greg and Nicki, they're the perfect balance in speedway, like the good and the devil resting each side. :D

I do laugh though that people think Nicki fences people on purpose, we've all seen how bad things can go wrong in the sport and setting out to fence someone deliberately would endanger Nicki too, you may think he has no regard for his competitors (I think that' s untrue) but surely he's got regard for his own safety, especially being a family man now. He's a hard rider that will always go for a gap,sometimes that gap disappears and he rightly gets excluded for trying the move, but if he didn't go for them he wouldn't have 3 individual world titles in his cabinet.

People blowing this way out of proportion because it was Greg who he riled which is completely out of character, people calling for Greg to be banned are hilarious, it was a flying tackle not a mugging in an alleyway. Looking at both riders involved it looked more like a midget scrap anyway :D

The twitter stuff is mind games which Nicki is very good at, then you get the likes of Ward and his brain cell chipping in and it becomes the stuff Nicki thrives on. Just the motivation he needs for his title challenge this year and most are playing along with it. :party:

You make a good point.

This is a good thread.

Well done to the OP for setting it in motion. He/She has certainly given us a lot of food for thought.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

What on earth is wrong with some of you lot? Don't you have brains or the ability to understand context? Nobody wants a rider to be hurt in any way, but when you have riders like Nicki Pedersen doing the things he is doing, then it is only a matter of time before a life is taken. If I had to choose between him or his innocent victim, I'd choose him. It's not like it's a one off accident or a bad choice, it's a trend of many years that is only getting worse and worse.

Nicki is starting to get to the point where he won't reguarly win races and his actions will get more and more desperate. He doesn't care who get's hurt. He doesn't have the brain power to think far enough ahead.

I guess we will have to await the day when Nicki takes another riders freedom or life away to really appreciate that.

FGS - give it a rest.

You're becoming a complete moron now.

• Like 5