British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

When he retires will he regret? not having the total RESPECT of his rivals will it bother him in old age secretly.?

I doubt it, he will be too busy looking at his World Championship trophy's. I doubt many top sportsman give two hoots about how their rivals viewed them. Look at Lewis in F1, I get the impression he is not the most popular F1 driver but I don't think it bothers him at all.

I think it will secretly WK,i can remember Mike Tyson once saying when Cassius Clay/Ali said Tyson was a great fighter that meant more to him than any boxing award he won.Also behind his menace and front it hurt him when he was booed and hated by some Pedersen i believe wants to be remembered as an all time great he is not in my all time top 20 is he in yours.?

He would just about make my top twenty sidney.

He wouldn't rate very high though - bottom three probably.

He would face stiff competition from Rickardsen, Crump, Craven, Collins, Briggo, yes and even Hancock et al.

It amazes me Hancock a fine Champion and what a great advert he has been for the for he sport, makes one mistake yet he is crucified by some on this forum cry baby (ect). Ward also gets murdered by some on here, yet Pedersen can do no wrong, a real love in for some baffling if Pedersen retired tomorrow it would not bother me one bit.

Nicki is a bad guy. I'm not shocked he was given a slap. A lot of his moves are harsh, some dirty. But I know that as much as I dislike him, in a perverse way I enjoy disliking him. Can't wait for Cardiff to boo him.

Greg on the other hand. I just don't care, never likely to boo him, never likely to cheer him. He's just there.

But, Greg punched someone. Thats pretty bad really. Either as a sport we embrace riders giving each other a slap and a shove or we discourage it and fine/ban riders. Which is it to be?

As for Ward. He's an odious little twerp who always has an excuse and if he doesn't his fans do. Shame, as on a bike he's great to watch.

I find the definition by which Nikki is assessed by some completely odd “box office” he is “box office” because he puts other riders in dangerous positions due to moves that are harsh verging on dirty, wow, great.

If other riders were “box office” you would barely see 4 laps a meeting, you would redefine the sport in order for it to be “box office” I would assume most people would quickly loose interest in this “box office” sport, whatever it is, because it wouldn’t be speedway.

I find the definition by which Nikki is assessed by some completely odd “box office” he is “box office” because he puts other riders in dangerous positions due to moves that are harsh verging on dirty, wow, great.

If you had 16 riders like Greg in every GP would you be excited? I know I wouldn't.

If there were 16 riders like Nicki in every GP, who to borrow Pearson's saying 'throwing their bikes at each other', would you not be excited to see what happens? I know I would.

Edited by TheReturn

If you had 16 riders like Greg in every GP would you be excited? I know I wouldn't.

Yes, it is actually possible just to appreciate them for what they are, speedway riders racing a bike. Your mistaken in that you assume others share your opinion of Hancock the speedway rider.

If riders went into every meeting with the same disregard for their opposition Pedersen has often shown it would result in pileups and injuries, I am not entertained by that.

Edited by sparkafag

A rider (ie Pedersen who has got away with murder for years don't forget that.

Have you never made a mistake Sidney?

• Like 2

If riders went into every meeting with the same disregard for their opposition Pedersen has often shown has it would result in pileups and injuries, I am not entertained by that.

Nobody wants injuries, but deep down I think fans do like to see crashes. Yes it is perverse, but deep down we like the thrill of it (provided they all get up).

If other riders were “box office” you would barely see 4 laps a meeting, you would redefine the sport in order for it to be “box office” I would assume most people would quickly loose interest in this “box office” sport, whatever it is, because it wouldn’t be speedway.

I suggest you check out a recent race between Nicki Pedersen and Matej Zagar.

Damn hard racing and a fantastic race.

Nobody wants injuries, but deep down I think fans do like to see crashes. Yes it is perverse, but deep down we like the thrill of it (provided they all get up).

You might, imposing opinion of others on your own point doesn’t add weight to your post as, well….it’s still your own thought rather than actuality.

I don’t particularly enjoy crashes a good race will do.

Although I agree with your point about Cardiff, I'm sorry but the rest of that is just offensive. I may not agree with people's point of view occasionally, but to get a contribution from someone who has more inside information than you and I will ever have, is something that needs to be respected - along with everybody else's views on here.

Not at all. I don't care a jot for the bloke in question and what I respect and disrespect is for me to decide.

Yes he has all this inside information but this particular instance shows what a fool he really is.

In his quest to impress us he reveals private conversations from riders that he has heard riders discuss fencing Nicki Pedersen.

Now that is not just a bit of a laugh but a serious crime depending how Nicki would come out of the fencing.

Seriously injured then it would be assault. Dead it would then move into the realm of manslaughter or even murder.

Riders conspiring to commit such an act would also be drawn into it.

Of course accidents happen all the time but due to this big mouthed pillock we now know there is a conspiracy to do harm to Nicki Pedersen by his fellow GP riders.

That is something that should NEVER in ANY circumstances have been placed on a forum like this.

This fool is now privy to that conspiracy and has told God knows how many people that this conspiracy exists.

I have met some idiots in my time but this bloke would be elected King by them if they ever got together.

The last thing I wanted to know on this forum was that riders may be planning to fence Nicki Pedersen as it is none of my business and anyone overhearing such a thing should do all he can to ensure it is reported to the Speedway authorities before it goes any further along with the names of those involved.

What will I think next time Nicki ends up in the fence and is carted away in an ambulance.

He should have kept his big mouth shut and riders now need to beware before imparting any private information to this bloke.

I think it is the most disgraceful post I have ever seen on this forum.

• Like 1

I suggest you check out a recent race between Nicki Pedersen and Matej Zagar.

Damn hard racing and a fantastic race.

Why would I watch something I had already seen.

If Pedersen actually raced like that more often I would buy into the “box office” line and his fellow competitors wouldn’t have the dislike for him they do.

You might, imposing opinion of others on your own point doesn’t add weight to your post as, well….it’s still your own thought rather than actuality.

I don’t particularly enjoy crashes a good race will do.

Fair enough you don't. but I would hazard a guess many do, if that was not the case then for years the Crashes and Cock Up video would not have been a video best seller!