British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

Where have I said it is deliberated?

Yes, if 'fencing' no longer means 'fencing' for the wordsmiths among us.

What does 'backtracking' get defined as nowadays?

• Like 1

Actually, if you watch Nicki you'll notice he certainly does NOT flick the back wheel at others.

Well I'm not going to spend all night digging out clips but this one immediately springs to mind, twice on the first lap. Don't get me wrong, I like watching him in pantomime villain sort of way but speedway is dangerous enough and the reality is his total lack of consideration for his opponents safety is blatantly obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfhUYtfDZU

Well I'm not going to spend all night digging out clips but this one immediately springs to mind, twice on the first lap. Don't get me wrong, I like watching him in pantomime villain sort of way but speedway is dangerous enough and the reality is his total lack of consideration for his opponents safety is blatantly obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfhUYtfDZU

You are joking? That's not a good example to prove Nicki is worse than others.

Nicki did nothing worse than what Zagar did to him on that second bend, if anything Zagar is flipping is wheel at Nicki more from the end of the first straight throughout the race!

Edited by TheReturn

You provided a definition (lol!) PR suggested the riders were talking about doing it! What's your point?

My point is you have ignored what I wrote and claimed I said fencing someone was intentional.

So if my definition of fenced is so wrong, what is yours?

Where does Nicki flick his back wheel?

You are joking? That's not a good example to prove Nicki is worse than others.

Nicki did nothing worse than what Zagar did to him on that second bend, if anything Zagar is flipping is wheel at Nicki more from the end of the first straight throughout the race!

my thoughts too!! Wonder if hes posted the wrong link??

Yes, if 'fencing' no longer means 'fencing' for the wordsmiths among us.

What does 'backtracking' get defined as nowadays?

A Magazine!!! :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Lol again!

Do you think riders were openly talking of doing what you said fencing means?

No I don't. For a start we've only got 1 mans word that's what is being said - not saying he lied but a case of chinese whispers.

So come on, Phil says riders are suggesting others will fence Nicki, what does fence mean in your opinion?

I think ive read it all now when I see people actually saying they like to see crashes as it adds to the enjoyment!

Well personally (and these are the only ones ive seen 'live') it wasn't much fun seeing Paul Muchene slid off slowly but right under the wheel of the poor Nick Floyd. It wasn't great fun seeing Frede Schott and Brett Saunders crash dramatically at Foxhall one night. I didn't really enjoy seeing Andy Galvin's career practically be over twice, once in a broken leg at Rye House and once a broken neck at Arena. And then finally the great Mark Lorams career ending crash that destroyed the back straight at Foxhall.

What Pedersen did to Hancock THIS TIME was in my eyes hard not dirty. Nicki quite rightly was excluded. What Hancock did was inexcusable absolutely but sometimes enough is enough.

When Boycey punched Gollob it was for the same reasons the riders had had enough. To be fair Gollob seemed to change an awful lot after that punch, maybe he realised he needed to change and im sure most fans now don't see Gollob as dirty, hard maybe but not unfair.

Unfortunatly its probably to late for Nicki to change. He cant pass people without basically almost putting them out the race.

If he needs to know how to pass people fairly he needs to study Loram and yes even Darcy.

If you want to see hard and fair racing im sure there is a link somewhere to a race at Poole between Havvy, Loram, Hancock and Hamill. Watch them throw the bikes at each other but never dangerous always showing respect for their opponent

• Like 5

No I don't. For a start we've only got 1 mans word that's what is being said - not saying he lied but a case of chinese whispers.

So come on, Phil says riders are suggesting others will fence Nicki, what does fence mean in your opinion?

PR actually just used it as a cheap debating point with me to try and score a hit.

Perhaps, I goaded him a little.

We really do know what fencing means.

It is ugly and an attempt to downgrade it into meaning something else to get out of a 'miss-speak' is a bit daft.

And a tad transparent.

In the olden days Ivan Mauger and Ivor Brown had a feud.

Mauger hated Brown with a passion and he later admitted it was the only time he deliberately tried to 'fence' someone

He meant hurt him intentionally.

As we all know, really deep down, if we are honest

I think we should leave this particular point alone now and move on, for safety's sake.

Edited by Grand Central

I think we should leave this particular point alone now and move on, for safety's sake.

WELL said ... but bet first thing fans at Cardiff look for is the heat involving NP and GH.

• Like 2

WELL said ... but bet first thing fans at Cardiff look for is the heat involving NP and GH.

Absolutely.

Unfortunately I cannot make it that night.

Bizarrely the 4th of July has been 'annexed' my US friends, of all things.

Let's hope this threads a good indicator of the 'buzz' created.