British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marksman

Workington Vs Ipswich - Sat 20th June, Rusty Returns As Comets Re-declare

Should be a good meeting against the Witches on Saturday, with a new line up announced tonight for the Comets it certainly looks stronger than we have so far this season. Rusty Harrison makes a welcome return and Kenneth Hansen drops to reserve!

Expected line ups in riding order

Comets

1. Kyle Howarth

2. Rusty Harrison
3. Rene Bach
4. Matty Wethers
5. Ricky Wells
6. Nicki Barrett
7. Kenneth Hansen

Witches

1. Danny King

2. Gino Manzares

3. Nico Covatti

4. R/R

5. Rohan Tungate

6. Stefan Nielsen Guest tbc

7. Ritchie Hawkins

Thoughts?

Edited by Marksman

Should be a good meeting against the Witches on Saturday, with a new line up announced tonight for the Comets it certainly looks stronger than we have so far this season. Rusty Harrison makes a welcome return and Kenneth Hansen drops to reserve!

Comets

1. Kyle Howarth

2. Rusty Harrison

3. Rene Bach

4. Matty Wethers

5. Ricky Wells

6. Nicki Barrett

7. Kenneth Hansen

Witches

1. Danny King

2. Gino Manzares

3. Nico Covatti

4. R/R

5. Rohan Tungate

6. Stefan Nielsen

7. Ritchie Hawkins

Thoughts?

My thought is fantastic to see Rusty back riding - when I read about accident and injuries I was convinced he would be out for season and probably quit altogether - Good Luck to him, hope it goes well :t:

• Like 3

I'm visiting Workington to watch this. Not expecting us to get anything, but I want to see plenty of effort.

• Like 1

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with the Witches at the moment and have lost interest. This 6 man team and R/R nonsense hasn't helped.

Why haven't we brought in a temporary replacement for Heeps if he was to be out this long? I know rider availability can be an issue but the R/R points haven't been all that good so the replacement wouldn't have to be a world beater to do better.

R/R isn't quite so bad (although still annoying) if the other 6 are on form but they're not so R/R becomes even more of a pain in the arse.

I'm sort of with you on that one, but will be watching at Workington and Glasgow, but I've lost a bit of interest in home matches, what with the fact they struggle to ride our own track.

Comets

1. Kyle Howarth

2. Rusty Harrison

3. Rene Bach

4. Matty Wethers

5. Ricky Wells

6. Nicki Barrett

7. Kenneth Hansen

Witches

1. Danny King

2. Gino Manzares

3. Nico Covatti

4. R/R

5. Rohan Tungate

6. Stefan Nielsen Guest tbc

7. Ritchie Hawkins

Thoughts?

the tango kid rides @ 6. (matt williamson). for Workington.

Edited by jenga

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with the Witches at the moment and have lost interest. This 6 man team and R/R nonsense hasn't helped.

Why haven't we brought in a temporary replacement for Heeps if he was to be out this long? I know rider availability can be an issue but the R/R points haven't been all that good so the replacement wouldn't have to be a world beater to do better.

R/R isn't quite so bad (although still annoying) if the other 6 are on form but they're not so R/R becomes even more of a pain in the arse.

A four man Rye House team got within 8pts of Worky last week, could have snatched a draw in ht15.

Will be interesting to see if Hansen continues to struggle or suddenly finds some form now the LC is out of the way and his nice new average has enabled the team switch :P:shock:

How bad must you be to drop 3 points off your starting average?

We will see now he has a real average, I think he'll end up around 6.5.

Well done to Kyle on becoming number 1, thoroughly deserved on this years form, I'm glad to be proved wrong

Will be interesting to see if Hansen continues to struggle or suddenly finds some form now the LC is out of the way and his nice new average has enabled the team switch :P:shock:

Cynically accurate.

I said at the start of the year Workington team was pants in part due to Hansens near 8 point average. But now I say that team looks pretty bloody good, in part due to Hansens 4.5 average. Could see them surge up the table and make the play-offs.