British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Ole Olsen

The dilemma of Ole Olsen.

One of the founding fathers of the SGP, Race Director, promoter and Track curator.

Even I, who have never been able to stand the man, recognise that the SGP as we know it today just would not exist without him.

But ...

After Warsaw ...

After Vojens ... Removing the covers; even watering the track against the Race Directors advice on Saturday afternoon ! !

Now the PZM want nothing to do with him again

How much longer can he relied upon in such measure ?

Is he still up to it ?

But then the success of 2015 is almost totally in his hands.

He has to get Cardiff right in new circumstances.

Then the new Danish venue of Horsens ... a big name venue without a roof.

And then pull off Melbourne.

It would be a big ask for anyone.

What to do with the man?

Edited by Grand Central

Room 101 with GSI, Charlie Webster, Joker, Black & White helmet colour, Peter York, . . . . . . .

• Like 6

So the man has made a couple of boo boo's perhaps he is human after all you either love him or loathe him same as allways on here run someone down for a couple of mistakes but no praise for all the good tracks that have been produced will be a sad day when he does pack it all in

• Like 1

Room 101 with GSI, Charlie Webster, Joker, Black & White helmet colour, Peter York, . . . . . . .

And the BSPAs bottle of tippex/rubber rulebook.

One of the founding fathers of the SGP, Race Director, promoter and Track curator.

Even, I would have never been able to stand the man, recognise that the SGP as we know it today just would not exist without him.

But ...

After Warsaw ...

After Vojens ... Removing the covers; even watering the track against the Race Directors advice on Saturday afternoon ! !

Is he still up to it ?

What to do with the man?

Drop him in Norbold's Hole.

• Like 1

Cardiff should be ok, There's a full 20 heat meeting behind closed doors next Tuesday to test the track. It's the best GP in the world, they're leaving nothing to chance.

Cardiff should be ok, There's a full 20 heat meeting behind closed doors next Tuesday to test the track. It's the best GP in the world, they're leaving nothing to chance.

Anyone know who will be riding?.

We'll see.

I wouldn't put anything past BSI.

I hope it goes well for the Supporters though.

Lewis Kerr is too

Let's hope they have got the track good or these boys are gonna end up crooked too!

Well I'd say that is pretty much spot on...

Anyone know who will be riding?.

Craig Cook?there was a kind of hint of something in his interview that suggested he might get to try out the track.Could be wrong though

I think, that is my most favourite post this year! :approve::approve:

It's the best GP in the world, they're leaving nothing to chance.

Cant agree with that. Its purely a showpiece event. Every other year its half decent , but i'm pretty sure most people go for the atmosphere and the social aspect. Rather than staying sober as per usual i might try the social aspect this year :D

• Like 2

Even I, who have never been able to stand the man, recognise that the SGP as we know it today just would not exist without him.

But ...

After Warsaw ...

Is he still up to it ?

What to do with the man?

I think the time has come for him to move on or be moved on.

He is one of the sport's true legends. So I hope it can be done gracefully and respectfully with a phased handover of his responsibilities to a younger head and body with perhaps an ambassadorial role thrown in to sweeten it? Or if that's not possible, then its time to hand him his cards. He will be 70 next year and the time is coming sooner rather than later when he needs to go anyway. Warsaw put him on thin ice. That ice cracked in Vojens.