British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Rye House V Peterborough Panthers - Saturday

According to my records Rockets have tracked their full declared 1-7 only twice in the 20 meetings this year. I wonder if any club beats that?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

We (Panthers) probably could though I havnt checked..but this is British speedway these days.

Well, we had Olly Allen for 3 meetings, so since then, haven't had our 1-7. In those 3 meetings, we only completed 1 meeting with our full 7, with Roynon and Allen both getting injured in there opening rides, so not quite the Rockets Record, but not far off!

According to my records Rockets have tracked their full declared 1-7 only twice in the 20 meetings this year. I wonder if any club beats that?

Cant remember a season like this. For me the reason its so frustrating is because in years gone by our problems occur solely due to Injuries. This year we have a contacted rider who we don't always have first claim for and riders who are required to ride in International events etc. Seems this is the way Speedway is going. Guest more common than ever, a far cry from the BL side that Leicester put out that won the League with the same seven riders riding every match in the early seventies. Seem to remember Ipswich doing the same. Will never happen again more's the pity

Did Somerset & monarchs not start and finish last season with the same 7 riders?

Not the same 7 in every single match though.

Any weather updates would be very welcome as travelling up for this match.

Well there shouldn't be any complaints about dust today. Been a fine mist of rain all morning and still going. Hopefully will dry up later this afternoon and will have a perfect track for racing tonight.

As Shads says it is a pity we cannot field seven Rye riders, we will also be missing a couple of regular fans. Mel Hicks on his honeymoon (no excuse in my books) and Dave Burden (Startline Sid) is in hospital after yet more complications with his knee operation (better excuse than Mel, lol ). Good luck to all riders, Mel and Sid.

I will have a little pre race drink to toast your various excuses in missing this meeting :drink:

Gonna be a tough one but hopefully Rye to win.

Had some drizzle a while ago. Currently grey, but no rain about half a mile from the track at 2.30pm. Will post if anything changes.

Did Somerset & monarchs not start and finish last season with the same 7 riders?

Not the same 7 in every single match though.

May be my imagination, but it seems that the Monarchs seemed to have escaped injuries to key riders in recent years. Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Dave Burden (Startline Sid) is in hospital after yet more complications with his knee operation (better excuse than Mel, lol ).

Oh no. I thought he was getting it sorted out this time. :neutral: Saw him a few weeks ago at Peterborough when he was hobbling around on crutches but was due to have his operation that week. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Oh no. I thought he was getting it sorted out this time. :neutral: Saw him a few weeks ago at Peterborough when he was hobbling around on crutches but was due to have his operation that week. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Just had an update, he's out from Hospital and hoping to be down tonight ))

Cant remember a season like this. For me the reason its so frustrating is because in years gone by our problems occur solely due to Injuries. This year we have a contacted rider who we don't always have first claim for and riders who are required to ride in International events etc. Seems this is the way Speedway is going. Guest more common than ever, a far cry from the BL side that Leicester put out that won the League with the same seven riders riding every match in the early seventies. Seem to remember Ipswich doing the same. Will never happen again more's the pity

Not much change in Panthers 1999 Elite League Champions,

• Like 1

Thats true but nearly's and not quite's can't replicate what Leicester and Ipswich did. The point that i was making is how speedway has changed (not for the better) and how it is very unlikely that a club will again win a League Title without the use of guests which is pretty sad and says an awful lot about the current state of speedway

It's raining, only light, but steady (16:25)

Thats true but nearly's and not quite's can't replicate what Leicester and Ipswich did. The point that i was making is how speedway has changed (not for the better) and how it is very unlikely that a club will again win a League Title without the use of guests which is pretty sad and says an awful lot about the current state of speedway

Leicester never won the championship in the british league era.