British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Ipswich - Sunday 21 June 2015 3pm

Hawkins rattled into the fence at high speed in his second ride when on his own at the back and it clearly knocked the stuffing out of him. As for the incident with the pole at the start line, it was there to stop the tapes blowing into the riders, no one else had an issue with it and it wasn't impeding his view of the tapes in any way, can only put it down to him getting a nose bleed he was so far north.

Tungate yesterday is pretty much what he is always like at Ashfield, its surprising how Ipswich fans are not aware of this. One more point from him would have got them a deserved draw against an unconvincing home side.

Depends what you call chucking away points. Gating in the lead and being overtaken coming out of bends many times.

We went around them on the first bend, it depended on what gate you were in. The outside gates put you in a position to pass, when for the inside you lost so much ground moving wide to get on the only line, but with that in mind, I was surprised Danny and Nico chose 1 and 3 in 15, with a point secured I'd have gone for 2 and 4, but they obviously had a plan, shame it didn't come off.

Somethings a miss with RT, speed is there, beat Brady Kurtz by a country mile at Peterborough and did hold off Oystercard for the required point and the win in 15.

That's the thing. I think there is more going on with him than we know. Maybe he doesn't get along with another team mate or maybe the manager or management. Maybe it could be that since covatti has come into the team rohan isn't in the lime light as much and he may thrive on limelight

• Like 1

As you say Baldyman something more might be amiss with RT . End of last season when he took the No1 race jacket of Worrall he was flying but come this season he seems to have retreated into his shell .

Maybe he don't like it that he's not the quickest witch as foxhall right now ?

That's twice this season I've seen Ipswich away from home , and twice Covatti has been their best rider . We just couldn't put Ipswich away yesterday , despite being 11 points ahead at one point . There is just something not quite clicking with the Tigers at home at the moment , but you now get 3 points whether you win by 2 or 32 , so i'll take the 2 every week .

Not the most entertaining of meeting , heat 13 apart , but it was an important win nevertheless . Seems Ipswich are better on the road than they are at home just now

That's twice this season I've seen Ipswich away from home , and twice Covatti has been their best rider . We just couldn't put Ipswich away yesterday , despite being 11 points ahead at one point . There is just something not quite clicking with the Tigers at home at the moment , but you now get 3 points whether you win by 2 or 32 , so i'll take the 2 every week .

Not the most entertaining of meeting , heat 13 apart , but it was an important win nevertheless . Seems Ipswich are better on the road than they are at home just now

Paulco's right about taking the win, albeit I'd prefer to be 6 points up with one race to go! Tigers are currently 3rd in the league and in the Cup semis but are still not clicking - god knows what will happen when they do. With all the points scored on the road I'm sure the new owners will be happy they are not hammering teams at home - think of the points money :o

51-39 is always a good score.

It is , but I cant recall us beating anybody by that score at home this season
  • Like 1

That was a pretty entertaining meeting . Wee Nick's ride in heat 13 was worth the admission alone . So glad he rides for us

I'm pissed by the way , certain couple of Birmingham fans saw to that haha

End of the day , I don't care about rule books and speedway's red tape , I just want to watch four riders on a track . And heat 13 today , Nick Morris take a bow son , that was amazing

Glad to oblige :t: