British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

King's Lynn Vs Poole 1st July

What a good meeting that was,i really enjoyed it fair play to Poole a great fighting spirit in there camp.Lambert superb and Porsing showing us how good he can be really pleased for Morris as well stuck at it didnt look quick but rode some great lines and scored some vital points.Middlo say want you want about him,but his sides show spirit and you can tell he has the respect of his riders.As for Magic was just thinking what a great world champion he would be for speedway in the future .A real nice lad i don't know who it was ? it could of been ER or ORLOV who has always said he could be Polands next world champion? he could be well right.

Think it was ER sidney but would agree with that statement

I must agree that Maciej Janowski is really growing on me, rapidly becoming one of my favourite riders.

Not only that he's winning me a lot of money :)

The meeting was good last night purely from the sense of the scoreline which just shows that the much maligned Tactical ride did its job. It galvanised Poole and ensured we had a well fought meeting.

The racing was average until the final couple of heats with no lead changing hands except in Heat 15. There were a few scraps for pts in the minor placings, enough to keep it interesting so I'm not saying it was bad.

Once again though, a pretty average crowd on hand with zero effort from the promotion involved so although it may have seemed good to a speedway fan, not many others are likely to have stuck around to see the finish. Speedway loses again.

Some talk on social media about Milik pulling his lanyard off on purpose? Nonsense.

Well done Poole on a stirring comeback and deservedly go back to Dorset with a point.

Quite clear that the Stars destiny very much depends on the Bjerre enigma. All the other boys are doing their jobs.

If we can hang on to the play-offs, I hope Bees pick us as I'd much rather take them on than Poole.

I must agree that Maciej Janowski is really growing on me, rapidly becoming one of my favourite riders.

The meeting was good last night purely from the sense of the scoreline which just shows that the much maligned Tactical ride did its job. It galvanised Poole and ensured we had a well fought meeting.

The racing was average until the final couple of heats with no lead changing hands except in Heat 15. There were a few scraps for pts in the minor placings, enough to keep it interesting so I'm not saying it was bad.

Once again though, a pretty average crowd on hand with zero effort from the promotion involved so although it may have seemed good to a speedway fan, not many others are likely to have stuck around to see the finish. Speedway loses again.

How can you say speedway loses after a night like that?!?

• Like 1

Some talk on social media about Milik pulling his lanyard off on purpose? Nonsense.

Well done Poole on a stirring comeback and deservedly go back to Dorset with a point.

Quite clear that the Stars destiny very much depends on the Bjerre enigma. All the other boys are doing their jobs.

If we can hang on to the play-offs, I hope Bees pick us as I'd much rather take them on than Poole.

Think the Bees would go for Belle Vue if they stay fourth

Heat 15

Did it not look like they let them pass a little easy?

Or is it my natural cynicism?

Just you being a cynic, it was a class pass.

• Like 1

Just watched this match on Foxtel. Bloody fantastic finish to the meeting. Chris Harris take note. A 17 year old with more fight and determination, AND getting the job done as it should be. One hit wonder? Think again.

What Harris got to do with it? A bit of silly comment considering he got a paid maximum with some superb team riding on Monday and did a similar move to Lambert at Brandon on Friday.

How can you say speedway loses after a night like that?!?

A night like what?

A meeting contested in front of a sparse crowd with little atmosphere. Only speedway fans would be still around to see the end.

It doesn't matter one jot how good the racing is.. and last night the racing was NOT good, it was average at BEST. There was ONE lead change all night. ONE, that being in the final heat... as said, it doesn't matter, if there's hardly anyone watching it won't capture the attention of anyone bar the existing fanbase.

Best TV meeting I've seen in ages. Well done to both teams.

You've not watched many then

• Like 3

Enjoyed the meeting on Sky last night and just about a fair result for both teams considering the absent riders and - as riders from both teams commented - "a track very different to normal!!".

So well done to Sky's/GSI's Ronnie Russell (Meeting Co-ordinator) for getting the track prep sorted!!!! (I am right, aren't I, that it is him rather than the home track staff that are responsible for Sky meetings?! :shock::wink::P )

Anyway good to watch young Lambert improving all the time and Maciej not being affected by the GP this weekend. :t:

Enjoyed the meeting on Sky last night and just about a fair result for both teams considering the absent riders and - as riders from both teams commented - "a track very different to normal!!".

So well done to Sky's/GSI's Ronnie Russell (Meeting Co-ordinator) for getting the track prep sorted!!!! (I am right, aren't I, that it is him rather than the home track staff that are responsible for Sky meetings?! :shock::wink::P )

Anyway good to watch young Lambert improving all the time and Maciej not being affected by the GP this weekend. :t:

Mate i don't like to dampen your post, but Ronnie Russell has nothing to do with track prep at any sky meeting, including ours i might hasten to add, except for his own at Swindon.

Sky have nothing to do with how the track is prepared as far as I am aware. That is down to the hosting teams track man. Can you imagine telling Buster how to prepare his own track!

Thought Morris did well last night, he is starting to find his feet at the Arena. Time for a change though and it has to be Bjerre. Porsing sorted himself out but Bjerre just looks lost.

I take it Scottyfan is currently looking at replacements for Newman who had a very poor night and Davey Watt after his last places & only counting 3 laps in this meeting .

North & Gomoski did a good job

No he's looking for a new pastime, clearly Speedway is not his Forte..

go sit in a dark corner buddy you bore everyone on here including your own fans. .

Really, not arf as much as you bore everybody on here with your none stop ramblings and your anything Poole hate campaign. What are you going to say in October.. :rofl: Havn't you got a Premier league side to support, assuming you do support one.. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

A night like what?

A meeting contested in front of a sparse crowd with little atmosphere. Only speedway fans would be still around to see the end.

It doesn't matter one jot how good the racing is.. and last night the racing was NOT good, it was average at BEST. There was ONE lead change all night. ONE, that being in the final heat... as said, it doesn't matter, if there's hardly anyone watching it won't capture the attention of anyone bar the existing fanbase.

You've not watched many then

Do you allow yourself to enjoy speedway anymore?

• Like 1

Well have a bit at 16's at the weekend and you never know...

• Like 1