British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves 2nd July 15

Wrong! Swindon had to let one of Killer, Batch or Hansi go and that is what happened!

He had a couple of problems at Swindon

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/speedway/23068142

However Kildemand didn't want to ride for Swindon this year so space in team but Hans still signed for bees

Back to the current situation. This could be one of Zengota or Howarth's last meetings for Swindon (before somebody else's snaps them up) who would the fans now like to see replaced so Ward & another rider can come in?

Edited by mdmc82

Surely Adams and Van Straaten can't still be entertaining thoughts of the top 4 after this disaster.

Surely they never were?

The team had bottom written all over it before a wheel was turned, but Karlsson carrying them for a few weeks has duped them into believing it was a decent team.

• Like 2

Yes - but as I said that's not why he left Swindon.

Fair enough, you obviously know something I don't about what went on. Also, Patchett is no longer on the scene so may not be an issue for him now anyway.

I'm sure he'll be back at Swindon next year, presumably at the Abbey, as they're not going to get a stadium built by March now. If not, you can have him the year after when we shut!

Edited by CB252

Surely they never were?

The team had bottom written all over it before a wheel was turned, but Karlsson carrying them for a few weeks has duped them into believing it was a decent team.

Well said. I think it was stevebrum that was trying to convince everyone :wink:

I also said that Wolves were the worst team in the league months ago and stevebrum tried to shoot me down - looks like I was right and he was wrong - a shocker I know!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Surely they never were?

They were pretty bullish in March (although they had to be I guess), but I was certainly never fooled by the bright start. Peter Adams made a quote along the lines of "even when we have a poor season, I always console myself that we're a season closer to getting it right".

They were pretty bullish in March (although they had to be I guess), but I was certainly never fooled by the bright start. Peter Adams made a quote along the lines of "even when we have a poor season, I always console myself that we're a season closer to getting it right".

Groundhog Day comes to mind .. :wink:

• Like 1

Looking at these scores does make me think we should keep our top 4 and bring someone who fits in order to make up the side.

It's a tragedy getting rid of Zengota or Howarth for a rider that will be a half season loanee.

• Like 4

Looking at these scores does make me think we should keep our top 4 and bring someone who fits in order to make up the side.

It's a tragedy getting rid of Zengota or Howarth for a rider that will be a half season loanee.

Absolutely right, but who is about and willing to ride here.

• Like 1

I think Wolves need a massive clear out at the end of this season. Otherwise they will have another season just going through the motions. And thats not fair on their fans.

• Like 2

I think Wolves need a massive clear out at the end of this season. Otherwise they will have another season just going through the motions. And thats not fair on their fans.

Certainly needs more than the annual reshuffling of the assets.

• Like 1

Starting with the 2 at the top :icon_smile_clown:

CVS on Radio BBC WM : 'Blah, blah, spin, bumper crowd, Ricky Wells, get there early, bull$hit, unlucky, format crap, FDRs average unfair, lacking confidence, talk it through, reflect'.

Sounds like the wooden spoon is on it's way to WV2.

Definitely need an injection of new blood now,the constant reshuffling of assets has run its course

Starting with the 2 at the top :icon_smile_clown:

CVS on Radio BBC WM : 'Blah, blah, spin, bumper crowd, Ricky Wells, get there early, bull$hit, unlucky, format crap, FDRs average unfair, lacking confidence, talk it through, reflect'.

Sounds like the wooden spoon is on it's way to WV2.

He's full of rubbish. Didn't Wolves have first pick in the 2nd tier ahead of Poole,Swindon,Coventry,Belle Vue.

Blackbird was one of the strongest reserves last season.

The format is the same for every team. He needs to start taking some responsibility, it's not fair on the wolves fans who deserve better.

Why is it those behind the scenes at Wolverhampton are the only ones who couldn't see at the start of the season that this team was very poor on paper