British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Save The Blunsdon 4

.......crazy robin........Are you for real as I bet Kyle & Zengi will understand the reasons if it's them left out.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They might understand the reasons but are you sure they won't bear a grudge? Greg Hancock never forgave Colin Pratt for dropping him from the Coventry team when he had to choose between him and Billy Hamill. :neutral:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They might understand the reasons but are you sure they won't bear a grudge? Greg Hancock never forgave Colin Pratt for dropping him from the Coventry team when he had to choose between him and Billy Hamill. :neutral:

That says more about Greg Hancock really as a speedway rider is going to be left out sometime & not because the club want it to happen but it's simply a no's game.

Will they be happy, of course not as they both seem to enjoy being a Robin & Troy is damn lucky as it should be him.

Zengota and Howarth should stay. Ward will probably put a few on the gate initially but I don't think him and a makeweight other rider will strengthen the team.

• Like 2

If that gain means getting into the Playoffs then quite possibly, yes.People have changed their tune very quickly from 'we need changes...NOW' to 'Oh, maybe we're not that bad'...even between Monday and Thursday.If we want to make playoffs then we need to win away. To win away we need a change and this looks like the only option

Agreed Reliant. Winners make changes no matter the situation. Furthermore, financially Ward will have them queuing at the turnstiles. The car park Mafia will be back in their element!! ;)

I still think we have to make a change, i can't see this side winning away from home we need to do that to get in the playoffs.Also how many would Ward put on the gate? has to be a consideration surely a few Poole fans will come to watch him.

And think of the crowd we would get with Darcy in the opposition team..

If that gain means getting into the Playoffs then quite possibly, yes.

People have changed their tune very quickly from 'we need changes...NOW' to 'Oh, maybe we're not that bad'...even between Monday and Thursday.

If we want to make playoffs then we need to win away. To win away we need a change and this looks like the only option

To my mind, the only way such a move could be viewed as "reasonable" would be for Ward to sign to ride for Swindon till, say, the end of next season, so that it can be viewed as a proper signing to strengthen the fortunes of the club in the longer term

• Like 1

I was told the other night that i was only fan you would rather keep the top 4 rather than bring Ward in. looks like that there quite a lot and quite rightly so ....For a start it not a given that it's makes us stronger i really did think that some fans thought it was a like for like swop the way they were talking plus i would say it's naïve to think that Ward will give his all as part of the thinking will for him to keep his average at a level that will allow back at Poole next year and of course there is the way Swindon have had ef's to allowed him into the side .do we really be like Poole and Ford ? the times we shouted cheat and now somehow it's ok to do that sort of stuff .(awaits prove that we did cheat )

On the plus side for having Ward in the side my old mate Sidney makes some good points ...the side we have now has no chance of making the play offs so maybe we have nothing to lose and it would bring in bigger crowds for sure .

The cheating claim is pure farce! Batch was flat out at the front for the best part of 4 laps until engine problems on the approach to the line. You could hear his engine popping on the back straights. There would have been no point of pushing his bike to the limit & shutting off at that point! Pure nonsense from the midland brigade & yes Wolves are woeful!

• Like 1

The cheating claim is pure farce! Batch was flat out at the front for the best part of 4 laps until engine problems on the approach to the line. You could hear his engine popping on the back straights. There would have been no point of pushing his bike to the limit & shutting off at that point! Pure nonsense from the midland brigade & yes Wolves are woeful!

"Dun Robin"/Orion on Thursday i was around a few people who like you said were adamant they did not want changes that surprised me.In a way that was great for me loyalty to the riders i like all of the seven we have in the team.Howarth has really surprised me a true top five rider now he has been excellent Zengi, Charles, Nick, have been good all year.Lewis i have alot of time for and for me we have not got the worst reserves in the league.Ward i am happy with can we fit Kurtz in? if not Pawlicki in making our top five really strong but Ward could push us to the play/offs away wins needed.Also hopefully making the club a few quid through the turnstiles?would you two welcome Ward? what is your take what scenario would you want.? Edited by sidney

.Also how many would Ward put on the gate? has to be a consideration surely a few Poole fans will come to watch him.

Sort of 'Poole Reserves' team. :wink:

Edited by pugwash

For Ward to get a visa surely it would only happen if he replaces a rider that has a visa also?

He's replacing Adrian so no problem there & wll mean Rosco trying to get a better rider than Rasmus Jensen to replace Kyle/Zengi.

I Agree in way ..if he wanted to drop his average he could have had a ef at the start etc or just stayed last rather than stopping on the last corner . but at the same time it's rather strange to say the least that the ef allows us to bring Ward into the side .

"Dun Robin"/Orion on Thursday i was around a few people who like you said were adamant they did not want changes that surprised me.In a way that was great for me loyalty to the riders i like all of the seven we have in the team.Howarth has really surprised me a true top five rider now he has been excellent Zengi, Charles, Nick, have been good all year.Lewis i have alot of time for and for me we have not got the worst reserves in the league.Ward i am happy with can we fit Kurtz in? if not Pawlicki in making our top five really strong but Ward could push us to the play/offs away wins needed.Also hopefully making the club a few quid through the turnstiles?would you two welcome Ward? what is your take what scenario would you want.?

As I said before Sid there are pro's and cons ...the points put forward about winning away and bringing the crowds in are valid points ...for me the cons win the day I like the the team we have at the moment and have enjoy watching them this season bar am of course plus I don't want a rider who might try to keep his average down to make sure he has a job with Poole next year. Who ever gets replaced it's going to harsh for them and Rosco is going to have to make a tough call .

• Like 5

As I said before Sid there are pro's and cons ...the points put forward about winning away and bringing the crowds in are valid points ...for me the cons win the day I like the the team we have at the moment and have enjoy watching them this season bar am of course plus I don't want a rider who might try to keep his average down to make sure he has a job with Poole next year. Who ever gets replaced it's going to harsh for them and Rosco is going to have to make a tough call .

Sadly you don't run the club Orion.

• Like 1

But signing Ward would directly effect another rider being out if work....

Zengota riding well in Polish final

• Like 1

Another amazing find from the forums very own Sherlock Holmes .