British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Kent V Coventry Storm Mon 6th July

Coventry will be without Luke Crang who unfortunately is still struggling with injury. This will mean RR for him. With the new averages Knuckey now moves back in to the main team and Dwyer to reserve.

For Kent the riding order stays the same. A guest is still to be announced for Adam Shepherd.

Dan Greenwood currently hold the Bronze Helmet

Teams in alphabetical order

Kent SLYDE Kings

Danny Ayres, Aaron Baseby, Jamie Couzins, Ben Morley, James Shanes, Danno Verge, TBC

Coventry Storm

Conor Dwyer, Dan Greenwood, Jamie Halder, Martin Knuckey, Daryll Ritchings, Rob Shuttleworth

No real change at Kent yet and like others have lost interest. To slow to react plus lame excuses. Is there a plan,not sure. Bit like Canterbury in the 80's and we know what happened there!

Another injury blow for Coventry. Dwyer is still suffering with rib damage so Rye House's number 8 George Hunter guests

Unless they have something up their sleeve to announce tomorrow I expect either Rob Watt or Matt Saul will ride at 6

• Like 2

No real change at Kent yet and like others have lost interest. To slow to react plus lame excuses. Is there a plan,not sure. Bit like Canterbury in the 80's and we know what happened there!

Ben Basford comes in again ?

Outclassed big time last week.

Glad I have given up going now.

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 1

Unfortunately for the kent promotion their 3 pointers have not made the improvement that some in, other teams have,, and now there just are not the riders out there that are any better than we have,hence the almost impossible chance of improving the team ..I suggest they try a different rookie every week in the slight hope that one of them might click...I personally believe the points limit was set to low this season leaving no flexibility for the bottom end of teams ,which is now causing an inbalance of the different teams capabilities, with Kent coming out really badly from the situation..I put this down to the incompetence of those running this sport,, as are most of the problems affecting speedway in this country...

I think Basford deserves this proper chance. Against Eastbourne he was facing the best bottom 3 in the league and many a more experienced reserve has been beaten at home by their lowest averaged rider in Dugard. But riding against Hunter and Halder will show Kent fans better where he's at.

• Like 1

I think this is probably the least experienced reserve pairing that has visited central park this year so if Danno doesn't fill his boots tonight there is no hope.

Whilst I agree there may not be many better riders out there at present given the time the current 2/3 have had they may offer something?

I agree with Waco that options need to be investigated but why wait around and only try one per week? As a fan I would rather see a couple of new reserves give them a week at 6&7 each and then see how they do. I would feel happier watching a couple of different riders and thinking at least we are trying something than watch & hear the same old excuses each week.

• Like 2

I agree today should be a good chance of a win,, if the bottom end can get points against the Coventry reserves as they should be capable of ..However a better showing today may raise false hopes when most other teams visit,, and just delay what needs to be done,,ie strengthen the team!!

• Like 2

Coventry's reserve pairing for tonight are very inexperienced. Kent should have the beating of them

I note Danno Verge scored 5, but looking at updates more than half of them were gifted, he seems to have gone backwards from a not very high standard to begin with, Kent have nothing to lose by giving other riders a chance at reserve.

• Like 2

I note Danno Verge scored 5, but looking at updates more than half of them were gifted, he seems to have gone backwards from a not very high standard to begin with, Kent have nothing to lose by giving other riders a chance at reserve.

...but nice work if you can get it...seemingly for Danno Verge?

...but nice work if you can get it...seemingly for Danno Verge?

Danno Verge - five points:

Ht 2 - fell exc

Ht 4 - third ahead of visitor George Hunter...the Rye House No.8 in as a guest rider for Coventry.

Ht 8 - second with three finishers in front of team mate Jamie Couzins

Ht 12 - third of three finishers

Ht 14 - third of three finishers

Edited by Guest

Edited:

Ht 4 - third ahead of visitor George Hunter

Surely George Hunter is too old to ride speedway. I'm sure Gustix remembers THE George Hunter who sadly died some years go.