British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brooksy

Somerset V Plymouth Plkoc July 10th

Definitely been there all the time BR, but don't worry too much, no apology needed, as I know what it's like, being almost as old as you myself :P:D

Jeng, me'old chap, think you'll find that OB could be a 'Former Devil' or is just a bit '(Penny) Cross' about anything to do with Plymouth, but he sure ain't a Rebels fan.

oh well , wrong again.

• Like 1

As I predicted another woeful performance from Plymouth sometimes you must think to yourself. ..What's the point! Another nail in the coffin and won't do anything to entice supporters through the gate to keep the viability of speedway in the area!

• Like 1

Don't you just love the positivity of some posters?

I hope Nick is on it on Friday and doesn't have one of his off nights. It would be nice to see a good haul of points from a guest as other teams get when they engage BK !

Hopefully you will be pleased that Nick scored points for you. Glasgow fans are really pleased :sad: since he'll now miss some crucial fixtures with an arm injury sustained whilst doing his best for you :cry:

Agree with you SharpenRake - has put Glasgow at a very serious disadvantage for next few weeks - so ironic as well that Glasgow are at Somerset next Friday - completely destroyed what could have been a really competitive fixture for the Rebels. EL and PL Clubs will keep using Nick and Lawson over and over again as long as the rules stay as they are - with little consideration of the impact it has on their own clubs.

I'm sorry SharpenRake. I was purely speaking as a great fan of Nicks and was eluding to last years Nick when he was riding for us. I was really annoyed at the way Nick sustained injury last night, It was so avoidable, Fisher didn't throttle off as crossed the finishing line still intent on catching Nick as he had out ridden Fisher in that race. The inevitable tangle of bikes was purely down to Fisher experiencing red mist. He is bloody dangerous and there was no need of it. I hope Nick recovers in time to take his place in the match against you next week which I am looking forward to , win or loose.

Agree with you SharpenRake - has put Glasgow at a very serious disadvantage for next few weeks - so ironic as well that Glasgow are at Somerset next Friday - completely destroyed what could have been a really competitive fixture for the Rebels. EL and PL Clubs will keep using Nick and Lawson over and over again as long as the rules stay as they are - with little consideration of the impact it has on their own clubs.

Just like other clubs use Somerset's Brady Kurtz & Josh Grajczonek, it's infortunate but thats the way it is.

Just like other clubs use Somerset's Brady Kurtz & Josh Grajczonek, it's infortunate but thats the way it is.

You are 100% correct but there isn't an endless pool of riders like BK, JG out there and the more they guest the more chances they will pick up knocks or injuries . A restriction on the number of times the same people are being used needs to be put in place.

• Like 2

Hopefully you will be pleased that Nick scored points for you. Glasgow fans are really pleased :sad: since he'll now miss some crucial fixtures with an arm injury sustained whilst doing his best for you :cry:

And You are right, Nick Morris tried his absolute hardest in every race. Very brave and committed rider.

And You are right, Nick Morris tried his absolute hardest in every race. Very brave and committed rider.

It's very rare you see a guest rider looking for his 'team mate' but Nick did that in at least two races with Leigh Lanham last night, and as you say, very commited.

• Like 1

I cannot recall the poster in question EVER making a positive post about the Devils. It leads one to suppose that he must have some kind of grudge against the promotion.

• Like 1

I cannot recall the poster in question EVER making a positive post about the Devils. It leads one to suppose that he must have some kind of grudge against the promotion.

Or have a link with a previous one.

• Like 1

So you are happy with the team are you and the way the current promotion handle things? When they took over they said how things would be much improved from the previous promoter, particularly communication with fans..well that remains to be seen. Even the die hard fans on the Devils forum appear to have lost faith with the current promotion

Perhaps Opinionated is much like myself and gives praise where its due, aint much reason to sing their praises at the moment is there?

I can understand the negativity, not much to be positive about. What team do you support? I wonder how positive you would be in similar circumstances!